Topic: What will come after the Wii U?

Showing 101 to 120 of 152

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

101. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

With better graphics comes better experiences from playing the games.

I have a hell of a lot of fun playing Resident Evil DS as opposed to Resident Evil Zero.

You get that problem when comparing two different games.

Nice try though.

They are the SAME game. They are both Resident Evil. You want me to use the EXACT SAME GAME? Alright, I have more fun playing Call of Duty 3 on the Wii because of the experience I get with the Wii controls as opposed to Call of Duty 3 on 360.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

Plusle

102. Posted:

I don't understand why people want apple to acquire Nintendo

3dsFc:2148-9077-4578

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

103. Posted:

marioandsonicfy wrote:

I don't understand why people want apple to acquire Nintendo

I want my quality nintendo games on non shoddy hardware. :P

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Aviator

104. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

I have a hell of a lot of fun playing Resident Evil DS as opposed to Resident Evil Zero.

You get that problem when comparing two different games.

Nice try though.

They are the SAME game. They are both Resident Evil.

By this logic, all mario games are the same. All pokemon games are the same. All zelda games are the same.

Yeah no.

kyuubikid213 wrote:

You want me to use the EXACT SAME GAME? Alright, I have more fun playing Call of Duty 3 on the Wii because of the experience I get with the Wii controls as opposed to Call of Duty 3 on 360.

Was that so hard?

Controls. Yay. I bet though if you had the Wii controls on the 360 you would have enjoyed it more.
look mum i can TALK IN CAPS too!

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

105. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Aviator wrote:

[/div]

Not always. I can assure you that I have a hell of a lot of fun playing Resident Evil DS as opposed to Resident Evil Zero. Better graphics, not a better experience in my opinion. They're both great games, but I like Resident Evil DS more.

Mega Man 9 and 'Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth' say Hi. I had more fun with MM9 than most of the games i've played this generation. I like my Mega in 8-bit and that's that. No HD flashy block buster state of the art hollywoodized graphics need apply' here. Besides all of the MM games look great artisticly for being 8-bit and they've held up wonderfully. I really don't care about having all of this horse power, of course i want to see the Wii U deliver with the graphical goods....Being a bit more powerful than the PS3 is fine by me. i'm more interested in the unique ways that the GamePad's screen are used and the fact that Nintendo games are finally going to be in HD/true widescreen which is a pretty exciting jump alone for nintendo gamers.

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Aviator

106. Posted:

What's the point of having a retro game using realistic graphics?

There is a reason they call them retro.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

107. Posted:

I got the same enjoyment playing Mario 1-3 on NES and All Stars.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Bankai

108. Posted:

Koos wrote:

Seriously? The debt is only one factor. RIM is laying off 30% of its workforce and does not have any projections as to when it will cease to incur huge operating losses. What are you comparing this situation to? Nintendo had a healthy business AND no debts.

Nintendo's entire business model rests in gaming, right? And on top of that, a good 50 per cent of Nintendo's business lies in it providing hardware, which other games developers use to sell content, providing Nintendo with licensing fees, yes?

Right. Which devices that play games are currently winning a few million customer's dollars, taking money away from the competition? Which devices are the ones that just about every independent and major studio are diverting major resources to cover therefore taking money away from "traditional" game R&D. Here's a hint for you: it starts with "i" and doesn't include "tendo."

A healthy business is one that, if it's not the market leader, is keeping up with the market leader in terms of customer acquisition. And by that measure none of the "big three" are healthy businesses.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

109. Posted:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

I got the same enjoyment playing Mario 1-3 on NES and All Stars.

[/div]

I actually feel that the 16-bit visuals 'in' All Stars stars ruin the feel of the originals. I think what bothered me about the All-Star versions is that they reused
SFX from Super Mario World where as the original 8-bitters' had their own distinct and authentic sounds which made them all stand out and feel completely special from one another instead of the borrowing bs All Stars did.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

110. Posted:

Pancakes are taking business away from Nintendo too.

@WaveBoy: Well the All Stars Versions are what Nintendo had in mind when developing the game. The only thing I think was inferior was the music, ecept the new Bowser themes. Same game though... besides the brick physic from Mario 1 and Lost Levels.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

111. Posted:

I like how retro gamers get all hardcore about the "graphics don't matter, man" line, but in reality graphics matter more to them than virtuall anyone. Pixel graphics are still graphics. Why, it can even be done deliberately to make a game look like an old-school game!

Mega Man 9 was such a laughable example of hiding a modern game behind pixels graphics that I continue to be amazed that anyone fell for it.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

112. Posted:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

Pancakes are taking business away from Nintendo too.

Pancakes are food goods, and therefore not considered consumer discretionary (or luxury) spend. They're considered a necessity. Completely different product category to Nintendo, and therefore irrelevant and not competition.

If you're going to be sarcastic and argue economics, then learn something about economics first.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

113. Posted:

Don't fall for the troll-food I laid out.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

114. Posted:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

Don't fall for the troll-food I laid out.

Nice save. When you got nothing, claim you was "just trollin'".

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

115. Posted:

Still chewing on that pancake...

What comes after Wii U? Nintendo Core (I will give details later).

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

116. Posted:

A chewy pancake? You cooked that one wrong.

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

117. Posted:

Does every argument on Nintendolife have to be about something besides the main topic? This is getting ridiculous.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

118. Posted:

Welcome to the internet.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

119. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Does every argument on Nintendolife have to be about something besides the main topic? This is getting ridiculous.

I know for some reason fourms tend tk discourage getting off topic but why. Isnt any successful and productive conversation one that evloves. It started about next next gen nintendo, people interjected there thoughts on nintendo getting aquired,, and now the conversation has moved to how well nintendos bussiness model is in the long run.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

120. Posted:

Hard work for mods though.

Kachou on!

Sorry, this topic has been locked.