Forums

Topic: What will come after the Wii U?

Posts 121 to 140 of 144

Aviator

AlexSays wrote:

I might as well sit at home and just talk to myself all day, that would be more eventful.

I would pay good money for that.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Aviator

Miss_Birdo wrote:

Hard work for mods though.

I love how you make this comment then proceed to completely derail the topic.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Undead_terror

Miss_Birdo wrote:

No wait this one, [youtube:zd9OugZb-4c&feature=relmfu] Why don't we have a Mortal Kombat thread yet?!

because people are too lazy of course and not working hard enough...(feel like making a salve joke)

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Hokori

Aviator wrote:

What's the point of having a retro game using realistic graphics?

There is a reason they call them retro.

But they didn't come out in the 80's therefore they arnt actually retro... Yet

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

komicturtle

This thread is a hot mess.

komicturtle

Koos

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Koos wrote:

Seriously? The debt is only one factor. RIM is laying off 30% of its workforce and does not have any projections as to when it will cease to incur huge operating losses. What are you comparing this situation to? Nintendo had a healthy business AND no debts.

[/div]

[/div]

Nintendo's entire business model rests in gaming, right? And on top of that, a good 50 per cent of Nintendo's business lies in it providing hardware, which other games developers use to sell content, providing Nintendo with licensing fees, yes?

Right. Which devices that play games are currently winning a few million customer's dollars, taking money away from the competition? Which devices are the ones that just about every independent and major studio are diverting major resources to cover therefore taking money away from "traditional" game R&D. Here's a hint for you: it starts with "i" and doesn't include "tendo."

A healthy business is one that, if it's not the market leader, is keeping up with the market leader in terms of customer acquisition. And by that measure none of the "big three" are healthy businesses.

[/div]

That is a theory but practice disagrees. Sega is a third the size of Nintendo today because it is multiplatfotm and lost uniqueness. Nintendo losing its edge and being absorbed into Apple (which could certainly be way past its prime now) could be a suicide pill. Nintendo is a healthy business because it relied mostly on gaming - this way they have control they have risk management its a great business model. There is enough room in the market for plenty of different experiences of toys and games. I would not advise it to totally dismantle itself because of a trend that didn't even prove to be financially viable yet. That's just silly analysis and misunderstanding of Nintendos market and goals. But we will see. I am not ruling it out. I am also investing. When you take s company that is so rich like Nintendo and speculate just on the basis of its share price taking a big hit mostly due to the yen and external factors it's a bit far fetched. Nintendo can actually go into a buying spree of its own.

Edited on by Koos

Koos

AlexSays

Aviator wrote:

I would pay good money for that.

I always wondered if I did that and posted the videos on YouTube, how many people would subscribe..

Unfortunately I'm in too much of a respected position (in the real world.. lol) to be putting up videos like that on YouTube.

Aviator wrote:

I love how you make this comment then proceed to completely derail the topic.

It's okay to go off topic only if you are talking about happy things. Like funny youtube videos and ponies. Coincides with the relative youth of the community I imagine.

Koos wrote:

I would not advise it to totally dismantle itself

Not really how acquisitions work. Apparently the chocobo's M&A 101 wasn't of much help after all.

AlexSays

Koos

Yeah. Between us I'm pretty sure I'm the one that actually took such classes in the university actually. Synergy often leads to exactly that. In fact that's exactly how mergers work. Two companies become one. Although you can do a reverse triangular merger I'll explain if you want.

Edited on by Koos

Koos

AlexSays

Oh that's not necessary, I'm sure a college level explanation would be way beyond my level of understanding

Perhaps the chocobo will take you up on that inviting offer.

AlexSays

kyuubikid213

@AlexSays
I was referring to the fact that almost every topic on NintendoLife that has some kind of thread like this is always started by someone who prefers another system against Nintendo. By trolls, I was referring to the people who talk about Nintendo's failure and "reasons" why they should/would/could be bought out by Sony, Apple, Microsoft, etc or people who start "flame wars" only to later say something like "Oh, gee, I guess all Nintendo fanboys are blind. nostalgic. attack dogs." You really can't disagree that there is Nintendo hatred on the site. And as for differing viewpoints, I don't have an issue with that, but when people seem to only throw out the SAME differing viewpoint (in this case the successfulness of Nintendo over the coming years), I consider them to be narrowminded and wonder why they don't see this kind of thing happening to any other company. I don't see the Big N failing for a while because of fan loyalty and quality games and hardware. I'm not saying they won't ever tank. Everyone does. That's why we don't have SEGA making consoles anymore. But how come EVERY topic about the failure of a company on this site is about Nintendo's failure? Why is it so impossible for one of the other Big Three to fall? And then the whole "Because they have other divisions not centered on gaming so they can stay afloat..." argument comes up.

And blah, blah, blah, we've seen this thread a hundred times before.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

But enough about that nonsense. Getting back on topic...

I want to wait until the Wii U is nearing the end of it's life before I talk about what could possibly be coming after.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

AlexSays

kyuubikid213 wrote:

By trolls, I was referring to the people who talk about Nintendo's failure and "reasons" why they should/would/could be bought out by Sony, Apple, Microsoft, etc or people who start "flame wars" only to later say something like "Oh, gee, I guess all Nintendo fanboys are blind. nostalgic. attack dogs." You really can't disagree that there is Nintendo hatred on the site.

Who is talking about Nintendo failing? I specifically said they would get purchased because they are successful.

Not difficult to read my posts without misinterpretation, I make them simple and everything.

And as for differing viewpoints, I don't have an issue with that, but when people seem to only throw out the SAME differing viewpoint (in this case the successfulness of Nintendo over the coming years), I consider them to be narrowminded and wonder why they don't see this kind of thing happening to any other company. I don't see the Big N failing for a while because of fan loyalty and quality games and hardware. I'm not saying they won't ever tank. Everyone does. That's why we don't have SEGA making consoles anymore. But how come EVERY topic about the failure of a company on this site is about Nintendo's failure? Why is it so impossible for one of the other Big Three to fall? And then the whole "Because they have other divisions not centered on gaming so they can stay afloat..." argument comes up.

Again, where is all this failure you mention.

Heaven forbid someone say something about Nintendo's future other than them being the best company in the world, and it's back to "OH MY GOD YOU ALWAYS SAY THEY'RE DYING!"

You Nintendo fans need to chill. Talking about Nintendo being acquired by a company and sharing mutual benefits is not 'Nintendo hatred'. You guys are so quick to label everything hate, and you wonder why you get called blind and ignorant.

AlexSays

kyuubikid213

AlexSays wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

By trolls, I was referring to the people who talk about Nintendo's failure and "reasons" why they should/would/could be bought out by Sony, Apple, Microsoft, etc or people who start "flame wars" only to later say something like "Oh, gee, I guess all Nintendo fanboys are blind. nostalgic. attack dogs." You really can't disagree that there is Nintendo hatred on the site.

[/div]

Who is talking about Nintendo failing? I specifically said they would get purchased because they are successful.

Not difficult to read my posts without misinterpretation, I make them simple and everything.

And as for differing viewpoints, I don't have an issue with that, but when people seem to only throw out the SAME differing viewpoint (in this case the successfulness of Nintendo over the coming years), I consider them to be narrowminded and wonder why they don't see this kind of thing happening to any other company. I don't see the Big N failing for a while because of fan loyalty and quality games and hardware. I'm not saying they won't ever tank. Everyone does. That's why we don't have SEGA making consoles anymore. But how come EVERY topic about the failure of a company on this site is about Nintendo's failure? Why is it so impossible for one of the other Big Three to fall? And then the whole "Because they have other divisions not centered on gaming so they can stay afloat..." argument comes up.

Again, where is all this failure you mention.

Heaven forbid someone say something about Nintendo's future other than them being the best company in the world, and it's back to "OH MY GOD YOU ALWAYS SAY THEY'RE DYING!"

You Nintendo fans need to chill. Talking about Nintendo being acquired by a company and sharing mutual benefits is not 'Nintendo hatred'. You guys are so quick to label everything hate, and you wonder why you get called blind and ignorant.

Yipee.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

AlexSays

Yes, yippee you misinterpreted everything I said and don't care about what I actually said, because you'll criticize my posts just the same

Edited on by theblackdragon

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.