Forums

Topic: What is Retro Studios REALLY up to?

Posts 221 to 240 of 244

Sleepingmudkip

I hope its a Metroid game or a new IP

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

It's Donkey Kong Country x Metroid

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

GrailUK

Retro are currently making the next in the Metroid Prime series. It incorporates the virtual reality of the Nintendo NX head set with graphics akin to PS4. It will be a launch title and there will be a limited edition Metroid console bundled with the game and a headset moulded in a Samus Visor.

Dammit...I need to stop making stuff up...I would buy this!!!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

@GrailUK: That visor would sell out faster than the Pipboy.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haru17

IceClimbers wrote:

@GrailUK: That visor would sell out faster than the Pipboy.

Because a Varia VR headset is waaay cooler than a giant plastic arm weight that you can sorta fit your phone into 5 sure.

...But seriously, if Nintendo DOESN'T call any future VR peripherals 'Varia VR' I will be disappoint.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

UGXwolf wrote:

Mega bonus points if it's a 3D collect-a-thon.

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Mega bonus points if it's a 3D collect-a-thon.

Untitled

Must I say it again? If it's not a RPG... time for war.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

Yeah, I wouldn't want another DK collectathon either, especially when 64 was incredibly inferior to other collectathons. Leave the collectathons to Mario or Rosalina, there's other things they can do with a 3D DK game that would be more unique.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Leave the collectathons to Mario or Rosalina.

Am I missing something?

Octane

iKhan

DK could make a really interesting 3D beat-em-up.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Leave the collectathons to Mario or Rosalina.

Am I missing something?

No you're not, but if they don't want to make Mario collectathons, they could hand off the Galaxy series to Rosalina.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

CaviarMeths

Rosalina is so floaty, more so than even Peach sometimes. I can't get used to her physics. Might be my least favorite character to play as in 3DW.

30 years later though and Mario still feels the best. Just the right amount of speed, weight, inertia, etc.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

@Bolt_Strike: I have to disagree. I legitimately felt DK 64 was one of the most entertaining Platformers of the 5th generation. People constantly complain about the back tracking in that game, but you know, that never really bothered me at all. Yes, the coding was sloppy, but unless you were looking for glitches, they rarely came about. Literally the only criticisms I can justifiably give the game (or at least could've, at the time) are that the game is too hard for the average player and that the pop-in is nearly intolerable. Naturally, the game looks dated, now, but then so do most games from 5th Gen. Heck, I can't think of a single N64 or PSx game that actually aged well. I really just don't understand the hate this amazing game gets.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Octane

@UGXwolf: Not really relevant, but Kirby 64 looked pretty good for an N64 title, even today.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: I have to disagree. I legitimately felt DK 64 was one of the most entertaining Platformers of the 5th generation. People constantly complain about the back tracking in that game, but you know, that never really bothered me at all. Yes, the coding was sloppy, but unless you were looking for glitches, they rarely came about. Literally the only criticisms I can justifiably give the game (or at least could've, at the time) are that the game is too hard for the average player and that the pop-in is nearly intolerable. Naturally, the game looks dated, now, but then so do most games from 5th Gen. Heck, I can't think of a single N64 or PSx game that actually aged well. I really just don't understand the hate this amazing game gets.

It was a combination of the amount of backtracking and the number of mini games, which watered down the platforming and exploration elements.

Bolt_Strike

Smash_kirby

UGXwolf wrote:

Spyro the Dragon series seems to hold up rather well in my eyes. I haven't played DK64 myself.

Smash_kirby

UGXwolf

Yeah, actually, I'll go ahead and admit that on second thought PSx Platformers held up better than N64 Platformers.

@Bolt_Strike: And that's where we differ. I found the mini-games interesting, I didn't feel they took away from the core platforming aspect, and aside from the "survive this long in a minecart" ones, most of them are entirely fair. Aside from the few parts where the difficulty seemed unfair, I felt the difficulty made the game sparkle, and since all the backtracking was done with different characters, it never really bothered me. I actually 100% completed the game. All the same, I think we can agree a Retro-led 3D collect-a-thon Platformer would be a fair bit different from what Rareware made, simply because we have a far better grasp on how to program a 3D space than they did back in 5th Gen. And they'd definitely have some very different ideas about how to build and design certain kinds of areas.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.