Forums

Topic: What is Retro Studios REALLY up to?

Posts 201 to 220 of 244

Haru17

Blast wrote:

If it's not a RPG... time for war.

I don't care if it has RPG mechanics, but I would love something with a well-written JRPGish story as well as gameplay depth.

Retro kind of deserve to make a new IP by now, what with 3 fantastic Metroid evolutions and 2 other games I hear are good under their belt. Maybe it will even be an NX launch title?

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

If it's not a RPG... time for war.

I don't care if it has RPG mechanics, but I would love something with a well-written JRPGish story as well as gameplay depth.

Retro kind of deserve to make a new IP by now, what with 3 fantastic Metroid evolutions and 2 other games I hear are good under their belt. Maybe it will even be an NX launch title?

Can Retro pull a Atlus and actually create a cool JRPG series? They have the skill to do it so maybe. And I don't really have high hopes for the NX and its launch. It needs all the must buy games it can get.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Revenge of King K. Rool

It is taking so long because they are not satisfied with the fur on Donkey Kong yet.

Plot: King K. Rool is angry that he didn't make it into Smash 4 so he kidnaps Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong. It's now up to Donkey Kong and Cranky Kong to save the day!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Revenge of King K. Rool

It is taking so long because they are not satisfied with the fur on Donkey Kong yet.

Plot: King K. Rool is angry that he didn't make it into Smash 4 so he kidnaps Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong. It's now up to Donkey Kong and Cranky Kong to save the day!

I hope that is true lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jordan_SW

I really think it'll be another DK game just to finish off the trilogy. Something we all don't want in our hearts, but it will be great none-the-less.

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

jump

Humphries90 wrote:

I really think it'll be another DK game just to finish off the trilogy. Something we all don't want in our hearts, but it will be great none-the-less.

It's only a trilogy if they make another one.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

As someone who considers DKC2 and Returns as 2 of my favorite games, I don't need another one for quite a while. I'm good!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jordan_SW

Trilogies are a nice set. That's why there's always three movies/games/books in a series. Historically DK has worked well in them so I'm confident there will be another DKCR, whether it's the game they are working on now, or the one after. Trilogies make people happy.

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

jump

Humphries90 wrote:

That's why there's always three movies/games/books in a series.

Do you really want me to list every movie/book/game series that isn't a trilogy?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Jordan_SW

Hyperbole doesn't work well on internet forums. I forgot I must be exact and precise with all my statistics and back them up with sources.

Give me a break. Trilogies have always been a nice goal but if the demand and money is there they'll make as many as they can.

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

Jordan_SW

Wha.. What? I just said I think it will be a trilogy because trilogies are a popular goal.

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

Jordan_SW

I said I'm confident they'll be another one, I never claimed it was a trilogy for a fact. I think there will be another DK game from Retro. If you don't think so, then whatever, that's your prediction. Please stop misconstruing the words I wrote.

I don't particularly want to go into psychology but people like things in 3's. 3's are satisfying and comfortable for us.

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

jump

Humphries90 wrote:

I said I'm confident they'll be another one, I never claimed it was a trilogy for a fact. I think there will be another DK game from Retro. If you don't think so, then whatever, that's your prediction. Please stop misconstruing the words I wrote.

I don't particularly want to go into psychology but people like things in 3's. 3's are satisfying and comfortable for us.

If you don't want to go into psychology then why did you go into psychology and I doubt pseudo-psychology has any real barring of what Retro are making.

Nicolai wrote:

Jordan_SW

If you think one sentence equates to going into a subject, it's no wonder you're reading what's not there.

I'm not even sure what your agenda is. Are you so against the idea of another DK game and want to dismiss any idea of it existing? Do you just fancy trying to bash anything I say?

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

jump

Humphries90 wrote:

If you think one sentence equates to going into a subject, it's no wonder you're reading what's not there.

I'm not even sure what your agenda is. Are you so against the idea of another DK game and want to dismiss any idea of it existing? Do you just fancy trying to bash anything I say?

You're right, you've just tried to validate what you're saying without using psychology but by claiming it's psychology without supporting.

I disagree with your reasoning of a new DKCR game is in the works because it's part of trilogy, you then disagree with me by using half baked theories of psychology, there's a few book and movie trilogies etc trying to support it then back and forth which is common on forums...

Nicolai wrote:

Jordan_SW

arronishere wrote:

Humphries90 wrote:

You're right, you've just tried to validate what you're saying without using psychology but by claiming it's psychology without supporting.

I disagree with your reasoning of a new DKCR game is in the works because it's part of trilogy, you then disagree with me by using half baked theories of psychology, there's a few book and movie trilogies etc trying to support it then back and forth which is common on forums...

I just said trilogies are nice. What's wrong with you?

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Trilogy is just an easy marketing term. Ads have trained consumers well enough that they can't not see things in threes now. A set of two = needs one more to finish the trilogy. A set of four or more = quietly forget that we ever called it a trilogy.

It's such an effective marketing term that we now make up words just because they kinda sound like trilogy, even though a perfectly fine better sounding word already exists.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jump

^I like the use of examples in that post.

Nicolai wrote:

Haru17

gaming_24_7 wrote:

Come on. Retro studios is up to a heptalogy since heptalogies always worked good with books, movies and games.

We will see 5 more Donkey Kong games in the next 10 years.

/wellplayed

Anyway, it doesn't matter because Donkey Kong will only ever be three different games, four individual games, etc. It's not a trilogy (or tetralogy) like Metroid Prime because that is a proper story arc. In Metroid Prime You have the origins on Tallon IV, then you leave to hunt Dark Samus on another planet infected with phazon, clashing with her down throughout the course of the game. Finally, you, the military, and the other top bounty hunters go on an all-or-nothing mission while Dark Samus ramps up the war path; trying to infect the galaxy with the great poison. Origins, hunt, and the culmination of everything. That's a trilogy, thematically linked by Samus pursuing her own, personal bounty for her doppelganger. Hell, there's even logbook entries in Metroid Prime 1 that hint at the leviathan seeds and phaaze itself.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.