Forums

Topic: What is Retro Studios REALLY up to?

Posts 241 to 244 of 244

MamaLuigi

Possible NX launch title, or perhaps contributing levels from canned shooter projects to Splatoon... no idea. XP

MamaLuigi

rallydefault

@Smash_kirby: The Spyro games on PS are awesome. The very first was on PS1, right? The controls were tight, motion was fluid, animations were crisp... it was an excellent platformer. I remember I had a demo disc before I owned the game outright, and I would go back and play through that demo over and over and over lol

So much fun.

rallydefault

UGXwolf

@rallydefault: I miss having the time and lack of funds to play any single game that obsessively. Not to mention the lack of skill that necessitated it. Games used to last so much longer for me. I'd be stuck on a level sometimes for days. Now I'm nearly guaranteed to beat any Platformer in one sitting. It's almost sad.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

rallydefault

@UGXwolf: Ah! I totally agree! I was just thinking about this today, actually.

I'm actually really upset with the way I consume games these days. I beat them so quickly and I'm so likely to move on to another quickly. This is mostly because I'm an adult and can afford to do so, but I think it's also the marketplace: There are SO many games swirling around and being released all the time, and with the internet, everything is so in your face and plastered over every gaming website; I feel like it takes a definite effort of will to STAY with a game and truly "master" it and learn all about it the way I used to do when I was younger.

For example, when I got my PS4, I promised myself I wouldn't buy a new game until I got a platinum trophy for the one I already owned. I started with The Last of Us, and I stuck to it. I probably sunk about 60+ hours into that game that could really only take you about 10 with one playthrough, but I loved it. I felt like I truly got into the world, mastered the controls... I even bought the comic book and stuff lol I felt like I really appreciated the game, you know? I also did the same for my Wii U games when it first launched. I played NSMBU all the time until I found everything, and it reminded me of when I was a kid.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.