Forums

Topic: Well you can't be disappointed with that!!!!

Posts 121 to 140 of 166

Joeynator3000

I kinda figured Nintendo Land was more of a game to demonstrate on how the Wii U plays out and all that, and yeah online is kinda pointless. More of a local multiplayer kind of thing. If it was a game where online should be obvious like Smash or Mario Kart, then...yeah.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

shingi_70

You say it like it can't have both and the idea of a mii theme park isn't made for online hijinks.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

You say it like it can't have both and the idea of a mii theme park isn't made for online hijinks.

You can. I just couldn't care less and I can get why they didn't. Focus on games where it matters. I would hope at least.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

One would agrue that a good modern game developer could do both. I understand why the they decided not to but for stuff like pikmin adventure and metoid blast it seems online would really add to the game.

Also

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/9/13/3326864/nintendo-tvii-i-...

Theverge had an interview with itv the company behind TVii. As it turns out this is going to be on other devices (sans the tvii branding) and could be used as a back end for simlar services on the ps4 and xbox 720.

I listened too Weekend confrimed and i'n listening to Polygon: The Besties and I'm suprised how negative and uninformed a lot of these guys who covered the event or were at the fucking event. I'm fucking face palming at the fact that the polygon crew couldn't understand what TVii was. They're a spin off of a tech website that had a write up and video interview on it that I posted above.

I was also baffled by the fact on both podcasts the guys seemed to think that a Disc being able to hold 25GB of data means that games will automaticlly be that big and take up the memory space. And then these people seem to harp on the fact it has no blu ray drive. To be honest when this was annouced EARILER THIS YEAR I was disapointed, but I quickly realized the market has been moving towards streaming. Yet the even thought of that wasn't brought up and I'm pretty sure one of the hosts was even doubting that.

And finally people are somewhat doubting the online system and rightfully so. They even complained about the Wii eshop not having any exculsive games and devs when nintendo announced and has had since the wii and 3ds quite. A few good devs that only develop for nintendo platforms for the most part like Wayforward, Renegade kid, Shi'ien, broken rules, and Gajin Games (nintendo would be stupid not to get these guys exclusive games again)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

nickcarney

I think online sucks the enjoyment out of most games. It's much more fun playing in the same room, having a good time and laughing together than over a headset.

nickcarney

zezhyrule

nickcarney wrote:

I think online sucks the enjoyment out of most games.

Yeah, every time I played MHT I was just thinking "I would enjoy this game so much more if it didn't have this sucky online mode"

Wait, no I wasn't. All I did was online multiplayer on that game.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Hokori

nickcarney wrote:

I think online sucks the enjoyment out of most games. It's much more fun playing in the same room, having a good time and laughing together than over a headset.

it depends on the game, I mean if the normal mode is too short and all they did was put online then it sucks, but if it has both a good normal mode and online it's fine

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

nickcarney

zezhyrule wrote:

nickcarney wrote:

I think online sucks the enjoyment out of most games.

Yeah, every time I played MHT I was just thinking "I would enjoy this game so much more if it didn't have this sucky online mode"

Wait, no I wasn't. All I did was online multiplayer on that game.

I'm sure the local multiplayer on the upcoming 3DS MH will be way more fun than the online on WiiU. Sure, for a game like that, split screen for multiplayer wouldn't make sense but 9 times out of 10 local beats online.

nickcarney

cheesesteak7

19Robb92 wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

I can... I wanted Premium White... oh well Black it is...

Yeah, same. that's my only complaint.

ditto.

I doubt anyone knows at this point, but may as well ask. Does anyone know if you can swap out hard drives? Having a White Wii U w/ a 32GB hd would be sweet. I know I can find someone who'd be open to the idea of swapping the HDD, if possible...

It ain't easy being cheesy...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-5012 | Nintendo Network ID: cheese47

shingi_70

Or put in a SD card in it.

WAT!

skywake

KaiserGX wrote:

DonnyKD wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

Actually I am now, I can't play my VC games with the Pad... guess I wont be buying a Wii U for a while then.

So you were planning to buy a Wii U purely for the chance of playing a game in the bathroom? Amazing.

I don't want to play it ON the Pad I want to play my VC games USING the Pad as a controller. Or the Pro controller for that matter but I guess the VC games are played in Wii Mode.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185409

I'm hoping there was a bit of confusion in there. The original source simply states that Wii, WiiWare and VC titles will run "without any special features or GamePad support" which could mean many things. It could mean that it turns into a Wii with no support for those controllers at all and only outputting to the TV. It could mean that you get the option to display it to the gamepad but there's no touchscreen or camera functionality and the gamepad simply behaves like a CC through its buttons and that when played on the TV there is no up-scaling or anything.

The ability to play Wii software using the gamepad screen is surely one of the more important features of the console. The GamePad has a sensor-bar built into the top of it for crying out loud. If it is a gimped as that then I think it's a real missed opportunity.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

moomoo

nickcarney wrote:

Every MMO in existence says Hi!
Don't get me wrong, I love LAN parties as much as the next guy; I loved playing Halo 1 16-player capture the flag on blood gulch and playing Pod Racer with friends on my laptop, but online is waaaaaay more convenient then getting groups of people over.

However, NintendoLand wouldn't be the same with online. Anyone here play Pac Man Vs. before? It's one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever played, and it is basically a really early example of assymetrical gameplay that Nintendo is showing off with the WiiU. One person could see the whole screen of Pac Man on the GBA while 3 other people played as ghosts and could only see small portions of the screen. Try to imagine that with online.

I'm not saying coordination is impossible in online games (Montster Hunter is an obivious example) but this kind of game would lose nearly all its fun factor if put online, and it really wouldn't be worth putting in.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

KaiserGX

@Skywake, Yeah I wouldn't care if I can't use the touch screen and stuff I just want to play without using the old Classic Controllers. I hope it confusion. I guess I will still get the Wii U.. just got a bit disapointed reading that...

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

shingi_70

Just because a local experience would be better is no excuse forlack of online. Nintendo themselves has no launch titles or any annouced with online play when they have been touting it as a selling point. And after christmas when all my relatives are gone who am I supposed to play nintendoland with other than the osscinal time a friend comes over and we have enough time to play a game ( and even then its probably going to madeen or fifa)

WAT!

moomoo

Sony_70 wrote:

Just because a local experience would be better is no excuse forlack of online. Nintendo themselves has no launch titles or any annouced with online play when they have been touting it as a selling point. And after christmas when all my relatives are gone who am I supposed to play nintendoland with other than the osscinal time a friend comes over and we have enough time to play a game ( and even then its probably going to madeen or fifa)

I don't think you get it man. Nintendoland wouldn't just be less fun in online; it would effectively be worthless. You simply cannot replicate the kind of experience this game is bringing to others without being in the same room as the people playing with you, at least if Pac Man Vs. is any indication. If it's that big of a turn off for you, then it's probably not for you.

New Super Mario Bros. WiiU, on the other hand, doesn't really make sense without online. I really don't get why Nintendo isn't putting onine into that game more than anything else.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Joeynator3000

moomoo wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

I don't think you get it man. Nintendoland wouldn't just be less fun in online; it would effectively be worthless. You simply cannot replicate the kind of experience this game is bringing to others without being in the same room as the people playing with you, at least if Pac Man Vs. is any indication. If it's that big of a turn off for you, then it's probably not for you.

New Super Mario Bros. WiiU, on the other hand, doesn't really make sense without online. I really don't get why Nintendo isn't putting onine into that game more than anything else.

Honestly...when the camera focuses only on one player, it would kind of irritate others if that one player just "speedran" the whole level, or cause others to die at the last second or something...I dunno.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

shingi_70

See some of my best gaming memories have been playing Halo 3 online as well as Burnout paradise.

Look at the metroid blast stuff

Seems like the perfect game to have online so I can hook up with some friends to team up and kill annamatonic Ridley.

Really not sure how the games being made for local play stops online. Hell even online the games would still work perfectly using the gamepad. Take something like the mario chase or the animal crossing game. The person who is it would still get the giant overview mode while the other players would get the same third person view on their gamepad.

Just annoyed that the company isn't supporting their big feature at launch. Hopefully the game has leaderboards, dlc , and is patchable as well.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.