Forums

Topic: Well you can't be disappointed with that!!!!

Posts 141 to 160 of 166

skywake

I couldn't see myself playing Nintendo Land outside of a social "show off the Wii U zomg party" scenario TBH. Even if it did have online I doubt I'd be using it that often with friends or randoms. Leaderboards would be nice and the MiiVerse integration with New SMB U seems to be doing that sort of thing anyway but online multiplayer isn't much of a big deal in those sort of games.

Any fighter, racer, twitch puzzler, FPS, RPG or RTS however......... can be a very different story and in many cases is absolutely essential. I think their launch lineup looks pretty good in terms of online. Remember Wii, DS? The Wii U launch is already ahead of where those consoles were at the end of their life.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

leaderboards

Oh lord, the people who would actually brag about being the best at Nintendo Land.

also comparing Metroid Blast to Halo 3...I don't even...what?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cheesesteak7

KaiserGX wrote:

That's Flash memory, it won't be very easy to switch. Why not add a e><ternal? You can get a lot more memory for cheap.

Sony_70 wrote:

Or put in a SD card in it.

I suppose I could, but that'd be extra $! I suppose it comes down to how big the games are expected to be... I do have a spare SD card, but my external hd is pretty much taken up.

theblackdragon wrote:

Or hit up Newegg.

Will they be offering 32GB White Wii Us? =D

It ain't easy being cheesy...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-5012 | Nintendo Network ID: cheese47

cheesesteak7

KaiserGX wrote:

If your buying a White Wii U you for 50 bucks you can get a lot more then 32GB.

And if I wanted Nintendo Land ($60) and the stands (unknown extra $$)? It'd be more cost-efficient to just swap out the HDDs. But again, it comes down to how much space the games take up. If it's similar to the Wii, in terms of relative size space, I'll probably just use an SD card I already have.

zezhyrule

The Wii U doesn't use a HDD. Just get some external memory if you want to have enough storage any sane person would want on their console.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

cheesesteak7

zezhyrule wrote:

The Wii U doesn't use a HDD. Just get some external memory if you want to have enough storage any sane person would want on their console.

Ahh, right, just realized KaiserGX had said it was flash. Well, anyway, I suppose I'll just assess it as it gets closer. Was just curious, atm. And thanks guys for the input.

Edited on by cheesesteak7

skywake

@cheesesteak7
I'm going to quote Australian prices but bare with me. Here the premium version costs an extra $80 and for that you basically get Nintendo Land and the extra 24GB of storage and some plastic that you probably don't need. Assuming they sell Nintendo Land for $50AU (probable) then you've got $30 left to get storage. That $30 isn't enough for an external HDD but you could easily buy a 32GB thumb drive which would give you 40GB of storage with a few dollars to spare.

........ but really the Premium bundle is a much better deal.

Geonjaha

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

leaderboards

Oh lord, the people who would actually brag about being the best at Nintendo Land.

also comparing Metroid Blast to Halo 3...I don't even...what?

It's no more pathetic than people who brag about being good at any other game. If the game requires skill - then fine, you can brag about it just as you can any other game, but you cant assume these things as you havent played the game yet.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

skywake

If anything what I've seen of Metroid Blast reminded me of a very, very, very stripped down version of the multiplayer in Kid Icarus. So I guess I could see an online mode for that working. Also I wouldn't mind a little bit of a leaderboard type thing in any game where there were scores............ but do any of the Nintendo Land minigames have scores?

SirSmugleaf

skywake wrote:

@cheesesteak7
I'm going to quote Australian prices but bare with me. Here the premium version costs an extra $80 and for that you basically get Nintendo Land and the extra 24GB of storage and some plastic that you probably don't need. Assuming they sell Nintendo Land for $50AU (probable) then you've got $30 left to get storage. That $30 isn't enough for an external HDD but you could easily buy a 32GB thumb drive which would give you 40GB of storage with a few dollars to spare.

........ but really the Premium bundle is a much better deal.

The sad reality, though, is that we, in Australia, are probably going to have to pay about $80-$100 for Wii U games at launch, so that makes the premium bundle actually a much better deal.

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

SirSmugleaf

Well if you think you're gonna get a similar experience to Halo 3 in Metroid Blast I think you're gonna be surprised, because they're very different...

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

skywake

@PoshSnivy
I doubt Nintendo Land will be a full priced retail game but if it is they're doing it wrong.

turtlelink

What I find disappointing is that they didn't bundle NSMBU with the deluxe set. I also think they could have given the basic one 32GB and the deluxe one much more memory.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

skywake

@turtlelink
Well it would have cost them virtually nothing to include 8GB of flash in it and by doing so they reduced the price. Ontop of that they've given you the option of plugging in an external HDD so if you want the extra storage you can use it that way. Personally I couldn't have wanted any more especially given the fact I have a working 250GB external HDD sitting here on my desk collecting dust ATM.

but really if you want extra storage get one less game and grab a ridiculously large HDD. You have that as an option which you wouldn't have had if it was included by default. Win, win, win......

Edited on by skywake

dew12333

I just thought of something I was disappointed about, No card reader news?

Have we got to wait for this, or is it no more?

dew12333

Hokori

I found something to, no Sega CD, Saturn, or DreamCast for VC yet

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Mieu-Fire

dew12333 wrote:

I just thought of something I was disappointed about, No card reader news?

Have we got to wait for this, or is it no more?

(off topic but your avatar is making me laugh like hell right now )
on topic cant be dissaponited with bayonetta 2

MANGO

Ste

Dumb question, but I do not have a HD tv, will i need one for the wii u, or will i just not be taking full advantage of its capabilities until i have one? will all the games work properly in standard def?

Feel free to add me and contact me
Darn you Nintendo, my backlog is already out of control and you are just making it worse with these new game announcements!!!!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.