Wii U Forum

Topic: Well you can't be disappointed with that!!!!

Showing 161 to 168 of 168

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ste

161. Posted:

Dumb question, but I do not have a HD tv, will i need one for the wii u, or will i just not be taking full advantage of its capabilities until i have one? will all the games work properly in standard def?

Feel free to add me and contact me
Darn you Nintendo, my backlog is already out of control and you are just making it worse with these new game announcements!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

162. Posted:

Ste wrote:

Dumb question, but I do not have a HD tv, will i need one for the wii u, or will i just not be taking full advantage of its capabilities until i have one? will all the games work properly in standard def?

Games will work fine. Since it comes with SD cables, you can play it on a standard definition TV. The only difference is the games won't look nearly as pretty.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ste

163. Posted:

I can live with that until i get a HDTV, thanks moomoo!!!

Feel free to add me and contact me
Darn you Nintendo, my backlog is already out of control and you are just making it worse with these new game announcements!!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

164. Posted:

Ste wrote:

I can live with that until i get a HDTV, thanks moomoo!!!

No problem. :)
Just so everyone knows, the system comes with HDMI cables, which is a godscend. I know it shouldn't be in this day and age, but considering no other console outside of the XBOX 360 Elite bundles has had it, so its pretty darn great that people don't have to worry about that.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

nickcarney

165. Posted:

I was surprised that they did include an HDMI cable with it, that was pretty nice of them. I don't think they do come with SD cables though moomoo, but Ste should be able to use the ones he already has if he has a Wii.

nickcarney

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

166. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Ste wrote:

I can live with that until i get a HDTV, thanks moomoo!!!

No problem. :)
Just so everyone knows, the system comes with HDMI cables, which is a godscend. I know it shouldn't be in this day and age, but considering no other console outside of the XBOX 360 Elite bundles has had it, so its pretty darn great that people don't have to worry about that.

My family got our first HD TV last year (the same time I was oogling over the 3DS's in the store since I didn't have one yet). I can't wait till I can connect it to it's greatest future component!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

167. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Ste wrote:

Dumb question, but I do not have a HD tv, will i need one for the wii u, or will i just not be taking full advantage of its capabilities until i have one? will all the games work properly in standard def?

Games will work fine. Since it comes with SD cables, you can play it on a standard definition TV. The only difference is the games won't look nearly as pretty.

At least they'll 'play' better. Ahem, no lag to speak of on any SDTV.
You'll just be missing out on Progressive Scan, HDMI, Widescreen, 720HD & 1080pHD plus a larger screen. Ya, i think upgrading to an HDTV in the Wii U's case should be high up on the list. :p

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

btetsola

168. Posted:

That's what the E3 presentation should have been!!

Nintendo ID: btetsola1