Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,761

Spoony_Tech

@Meowpheel: lol, that's how I ended up with SpoonyTech instead of Bard. Btw how much is TPHD in Mexico?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

1300 pesos. Roughly 71 American dollars according to Google.

It may not sound like that much of an increase, but keep in mind that: it's a slighly retouched rerelease of a ten year old game, it's a digital download, doesn't include the Amiibo, and it's about 300 pesos more expensive than every other retail download in the shop.

I guess I'll skip it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

@Meowpheel: Well that stings. I'm getting it for 48$ so I'm happy but I still think this game should only be 50$ to start with.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Spoony_Tech: All I'll say is that it was the Windows Vista of the Castlevania series.

Made me think of this:

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Meowpheel: lol, that's how I ended up with SpoonyTech instead of Bard. Btw how much is TPHD in Mexico?

Bard as in the FE Shadow Dragon character?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

veeflames

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Vee_Flames

2D is commonplace for Mario and Kirby. Unless you mean Mario and Kirby in general should mix it up? In which case, yes for Mario.

Metroid ANYTHING would be welcome by now.

OK, so maybe Mario and Kirby aren't great examples of the point I was trying to make. You want a side-scrolling Zelda; that is, somewhat of a break from the norm. Can you say the same about Metroid Prime: Fed. Force?
Yeah, I said it.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Ralizah

GerudoKing wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I don't regard Zelda 2 too harshly because the series was still trying to figure out what it wanted to be when it grew up. It was an experiment (a failed one, imo, and easily my least favorite game in the series). At least it's not as bad as Castlevania 2.

To be honest, the original Legend of Zelda is barely above it for me. The aimless wandering with no indication of where to go, samey environments that almost look like they were copied and pasted, and the hyperaggressive enemies made that game no fun to play. To be fair, I didn't care for the first two Metroid games at all either.

I wonder, did you grow up with the original NES and these games or did you try them out after growing up on newer consoles? The reason I ask is because I played the original Zelda and Metroid titles when they originally came out. But I can see why people wouldn't care for them now. They definitely don't hold your hand in any way and you were going to get lost in them, no doubt about it. That's just how games were in that era. So I imagine people get frustrated with them. I mean, you pretty much cannot play The Legend of Zelda without a map. Period.

But, I still have a fondness for these games as they were what I grew up with. It's funny, I was better at them then as a child than I would be if I were to revisit them now. But I have no reason to go back to them now. I mean, why play the original Metroid when I can play Zero Mission?

Anyway, back on topic... Just a few short days now!

Grew up with a NES. Metroid was one of the games I owned. Admittedly, I didn't try a Zelda game until years later, but I don't think it would have mattered.

There are games I'm fond of on the system that I'm sure I wouldn't be if I hadn't grown up with the system, but I could never stomach the dull backgrounds and confusing, labyrinthine environments of the original Metroid.

I actually first played through The Legend of Zelda without a map, which was... frustrating, to say the least. I replayed it a few years later WITH a map, and it was a good deal more enjoyable, but the game as a whole was still brutal and largely boring.

@Dezzy: Yeah, XP and 7 were the only Windows systems that I was happy without out of the box, so to speak. I have to admit, though: Windows 8 with Classic Shell is... pretty decent.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

The original Zelda is one of the few NES games I can actually play and enjoy. Though yeah, I still can't find the second dungeon without a map.

Too bad the second one... Isn't one of these games.

Bloop.

kkslider5552000

No Other M gets flak because the writing is terrible and people's tryhard defending of it is deeply obnoxious. (especially for me, who was deeply excited for the game and was way more fair than many people)

tbh though, I think it's significantly worse in gameplay too (though more for some of the level design decisions than the actual gameplay). That doesn't make the gameplay bad because Metroid has high standards in general but when it's the saving grace of the game and it has issues the other games simply didn't without providing nearly anything better (barring maybe if you didn't enjoy 3D Metroid being first person, which is understandable), it kinda makes the game look like a joke.

I'd compare it to like, Mario Sunshine. Mario Sunshine does some cool innovations, has some fun gameplay, it's a good game, but it's just not as fun as most Mario games (in my and many people's opinion) and some of the decisions feel bizarrely lacking and made surprising mistakes compared to other games in the series.

though in terms of pure gameplay, I'd rather play either over a bad or mediocre game or even a few beloved games (basically any 3rd person cover shooter that isn't Mass Effect)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

@kkslider5552000: I love Other M and Sunshine in my favourite Mario game. People have different opinions you know...

I still don't understand why Other M gets the flak it does.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

I love Other M and Sunshine in my favourite Mario game. People have different opinions you know...

It's all opinions but any non-Prime Metroid game was gonna get flak in terms of a change of style (even if it is a return to it's roots) and if the expecations weren't met of this is a brilliant AAA type game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

@kkslider5552000: I love Other M and Sunshine in my favourite Mario game. People have different opinions you know...

Destroys Samus' character.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@arronishere: Sure, I understand. But on its own? It's a good game regardless. If it wasn't a Metroid game, people wouldn't complain, that's what I'm getting at. However that doesn't mean that it shouldn't have been a Metroid game.

@Grumblevolcano: You mean the character that was barely more than a girl in bikini in a suit? On a more serious note, I didn't mind the story in Other M, it made her more human.

Octane

Chandlero

Octane wrote:

@Grumblevolcano: You mean the character that was barely more than a girl in bikini in a suit? On a more serious note, I didn't mind the story in Other M, it made her more human.

Yes, I felt the same. It was obvious that Samus in Other M was not the same Samus as in Metroid Prime. I enjoyed the cinematic setting in Other M and it didn't change the great atmosphere I had when playing Metroid Prime.

Edited on by Chandlero

Eel

While I don't mind Other M's story in the slightlestet... I found the controls to be a bit finicky and the game in general to be too hard.

Then there's that famous "find the one pixel of slightly darker green in the green texture" part.

Bloop.

Octane

Meowpheel wrote:

While I don't mind Other M's story in the slightlestet... I found the controls to be a bit finicky and the game in general to be too hard.

Then there's that famous "find the one pixel of slightly darker green in the green texture" part.

Yeah, those parts weren't well implemented at all. They game would've been better off without them. Fortunately there were only 2 or 3 of those instances where you had to look for something specific.

I actually enjoyed the slighty higher difficulty. Whilst I never thought it was too difficult, I welcomed the challenge.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.