Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,761

Ralizah

Never had camera issues in Wind Waker HD. And I can be particularly sensitive to camera issue. It's one of the things that ruined SM64 for me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

martinskrtel37

the camera is fine, you just have to adapt to it, not wish it was like another games

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

The sad part is that, while that may be true, Wind Waker HD still looks way better.

Lol, not for my standards. Not by a long shot. I'll take a visually detailed game with 'outdated' textures over a simplistic game that 'still holds up' any day.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

jariw

The Rollgoal mini game is confirmed to use the Gamepad:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

the camera is fine, you just have to adapt to it, not wish it was like another games

Have you played the game already?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Dezzy

Did the original versions have a full 360 degree camera? I can't remember.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Smash_kirby

@Dezzy: The Gamecube did but the Wii version didn't. I played the Wii version after playing the Gamecube version but I did miss the full camera moving of the c-stick.

Smash_kirby

skywake

Dezzy wrote:

That makes no sense. The Wii didn't just take the 4:3 picture and stretch it. It just rendered it at 16:9 instead. Those are 2 different things.

The funny thing is that this is exactly what the Wii did. It was also done with a lot of DVDs and other standard definition sources when they ran at 16:9. Same number of pixels as 4:3. It's also why there was never any performance hit for running at 16:9. The image wasn't distorted obviously but it was stretched.

Wii Games were always a little bit blurred in widescreen mode. Of course on a huge 1080p set it was blurry regardless so 16:9 was still better.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Dezzy

skywake wrote:

The funny thing is that this is exactly what the Wii did. It was also done with a lot of DVDs and other standard definition sources when they ran at 16:9. Same number of pixels as 4:3. It's also why there was never any performance hit for running at 16:9. The image wasn't distorted obviously but it was stretched.

Wii Games were always a little bit blurred in widescreen mode. Of course on a huge 1080p set it was blurry regardless so 16:9 was still better.

What, seriously? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. I'd just assumed that because the Wii was more powerful, they'd have used that power to properly render the scene at a different resolution. What's the point of even having the console do that? You could surely just do that on the TV end?

Well if that's right, I apologize to whoever I incorrectly corrected on that.

What was the limitation that forced them to do that then? Cos it makes no sense in terms of the software. Just keeping the people who didn't have widescreen TVs yet happy?

Edited on by Dezzy

Chandlero

@Dezzy: Of course the Wii had a proper 16:9 mode, i.e. nothing was optically stretched. But in order to do that, the Wii rendered a 4:3 picture with non-square pixels and the TV had to stretch it to 16:9. That was very common at that time since 480i/p was simply a 4:3 resolution.
Of course the GameCube was able to that, too. F-Zero and Star-Fox Adventures have also exactly this mode.

Nintendo simply chose just to give the Wii version this feature for marketing reasons.

@skywake said that the 16:9 version didn't have more pixels than the 4:3 picture and he is absolutely right. Therefore the picture was very blurry. However, it was a real 16:9 picture with the right ratios and everything.

Edited on by Chandlero

ClockworkMario

BTW, did any of you guys notice the glorious return of the beta overworld theme in the latest trailer? A rather whimsical, adventurous theme. It was only used on a few press events but it seems Nintendo has remade it for the HD version. I wonder if they'll even include it in the game? Anyway, here's another fan version.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

jariw

Why not remake Twilight Princess with Mario characters?

jariw

doubleobevin

jariw wrote:

Because then they would be Mario games.

doubleobevin

Freeon-Leon

jariw wrote:

Are you serious?! Mario characters? Kirby characters would fit TP waaay better.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

jump

Freeon-Leon wrote:

jariw wrote:

Are you serious?! Mario characters? Kirby characters would fit TP waaay better.

You could have all the characters be Kirby, like in Smash where sucks them in and then has a Zelda wig, Link's hat and so on.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

Dezzy wrote:

What was the limitation that forced them to do that then? Cos it makes no sense in terms of the software. Just keeping the people who didn't have widescreen TVs yet happy?

TV compatibility would be my guess. I'd assume that there would have been some early "widescreen" sets that supported 16:9 @ 640x480 but not 854x480. "Full widescreen" standard definition wasn't really a thing, even DVDs only went upto 720x480.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

doubleobevin

I think the first game I genuinely played a game in widescreen was Goldeneye on the N64! 16:9 mode = excellent!

doubleobevin

Dezzy

jariw wrote:

It'd be an interesting DLC. Though I fear it's about as likely to happen as an official nudemod.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.