Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,761

Tyranexx

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

jariw wrote:

Why not remake Twilight Princess with Mario characters?

Are you serious?! Mario characters? Kirby characters would fit TP waaay better.

You could have all the characters be Kirby, like in Smash where sucks them in and then has a Zelda wig, Link's hat and so on.

The funny thing is, both mentioned franchises appeared in some form in Link's Awakening. X3

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jump

Dezzy wrote:

jariw wrote:

Why not remake Twilight Princess with Mario characters?

It'd be an interesting DLC. Though I fear it's about as likely to happen as an official nudemod.

I could see Amiibo costumes being the next closest thing.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

arronishere wrote:

@Blast has gone to get the skin-coloured model paint.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Kova

Can anyone guess that will there be possibility to pre order Twilight Princess from eShop?

Kova

jariw

Kova wrote:

Can anyone guess that will there be possibility to pre order Twilight Princess from eShop?

Probably, it's already up on the JP eShop IIRC.

jariw

renaryuugufan92

Eat_Pie wrote:

New trailer:

The best one so far imo

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

arronishere wrote:

@Blast has gone to get the skin-coloured model paint.

Yesssss

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jump

Well despite Ninty not showing this really is a must own remake and with 2 weeks til it's release I've just ended up pre-ordering it anyway.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

2 weeks??? My time clock must be off, I thought it was more like a month or more. I really do want to play this again but I may buy it and hold off for a month or 2.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

2 weeks, already, huh. Feels like just yesterday they found the HD icon in the eShop

TuVictus

Monkey_Balls

Just over two weeks... I can't wait - not to play the game, but because there'll be no Zelda U news until this is released...

So March 4th can't come soon enough.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Tyranexx

One of my favorite games in the Zelda series, just over two weeks away from re-release.

I'm definitely looking forward to running through Arbiter's Grounds again.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

Imagine if this came with a Zelda U demo. Not gonna happen but would be sooo good. It'd sell like mildly warmed cakes.

TriforceCake

This is a game I never really got into when playing it on my Wii, it may have been because I just finished WW HD at that time and was too uneasy with starting on a new game. But was it just me or was this game almost too much? It felt messy and unbalenced, and the graphics were horrible, you almost couldn't see anything. Now when hearing about the new HD Remaster I'm so looking forward to playing it again, because this game definitely deserves an another chance right? 16 days left!

TriforceCake

Dezzy

This whole thread in a gif:

Untitled

iKhan

If, instead of a remaster, this game was a full remake, what sort of changes would you have liked to see?

What would you want to remade art style to be?
New Dungeons?
New Features?

I think TP's story needed a bit more to feel complete. It's incredibly for the first 3-4 dungeons, then it just dies off. If they did something to make Ganondorf more threatening and put more story in the latter half, it could really be special.

Balance the dungeons with better enemy AI and placement. Fix the damage output. Remove the random holes in the overworld, etc.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

I think TP's story needed a bit more to feel complete. It's incredibly for the first 3-4 dungeons, then it just dies off. If they did something to make Ganondorf more threatening and put more story in the latter half, it could really be special.

You don't change the art style in a remake. Hell, most people don't even change the art style in sequels, Nintendo.

Anyway, it's true that the story events lessen in the Mirror of Twilight half of the game, but that's true of most every game. Especially Zelda games. That's just a trick developers do to increase presence and detail of the world in our minds via first impressions. It still has the Illia, Snowpeak, and Ganondorf / main quest arcs in the later half, though.

And I think Ganondorf was really threatening. After all, it's the only game where he's killed someone onscreen. Honestly, he was almost a RE 5 zombie in his depiction, but with waaay better lines and screen presence. Don't forget that Zant's also in this game: we have two amazing villains, so neither are necessarily going to supercede the other.

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

iKhan

@Haru17:

While you don't need to change the art style, rebuilding the models for newer hardware requires the developer to add artistic design elements that couldn't be included previously. This is what happened with MM3D and OoT3D.

My big issue is that Ganondorf has basically no presence between his reveal and the final boss. What really makes villains like Zant and Ghirahim great is that they appear in dungeons before to boss fights to either gloat, attack with a monster, etc. This makes the future fight more personal.

TP also struggles to motivate you to fight Ganondorf at all. You are TOLD he is evil and bad things can happen, but the worst of the story has already happened. Ganon just sits in his tower waiting for you to clean up the last remaining remnants of the mess.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

@Haru17:

While you don't need to change the art style, rebuilding the models for newer hardware requires the developer to add artistic design elements that couldn't be included previously. This is what happened with MM3D and OoT3D.

My big issue is that Ganondorf has basically no presence between his reveal and the final boss. What really makes villains like Zant and Ghirahim great is that they appear in dungeons before to boss fights to either gloat, attack with a monster, etc. This makes the future fight more personal.

TP also struggles to motivate you to fight Ganondorf at all. You are TOLD he is evil and bad things can happen, but the worst of the story has already happened. Ganon just sits in his tower waiting for you to clean up the last remaining remnants of the mess.

You are TOLD to kill things with the B button. You see Ganondorf murder the water sage, conquer the Twilight Realm, spread monsters over Hyrule, wall off the castle, and nearly kill Midna. What more do you want? Does he have to strangle Wolf!Link's puppies!?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.