Wii U Forum

Topic: The Wii U, X Box One and PS4

Showing 41 to 49 of 49

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BetweenTheTrees

41. Posted:

isn't the kinect always watching as well? count me out

"and let there be funk" and he saw it, and it was funky.

Nintendo Network ID: SunnyShores | Twitter: Z0MB1E_CHR1ST

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

42. Posted:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm sure they'll add BC eventually, but as of now, it won't be happening.

Every time you feel the urge to put "I'm sure" into one of your posts, you should just type "I hope". Will save everyone a lot of time.

But I don't care for BC THAT much. It just seems reluctant to not add it, which is why it will probably happen.

My point, which you seem to have completely missed, is you often throw around "I'm sure..." and "I guarantee..." and "I know..." when you have absolutely no knowledge to back up your claims. It's all your personal speculation based primarily on what you personally would do if you were running whatever video game company you happen to be discussing.

That's not how it is at all. I mean reluctant as in, there's no reason to exclude BC, because it's possible. Wii U has BC, Xbox One CAN do BC, and PS4 won't be able to do native BC on the actual console regardless of how many servers and GB they can push.
So yes, I would add BC, but not because I would I think I should, but because I can.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

43. Posted:

SunnyShores wrote:

yeah i'm sticking with wii u and ps4. microsoft in my opinion is just making such terrible decisions.
i mean with backwards compatibility and tying the game to your system. what about that sounds appealing?

I might (not) get a PS4. After all. I don't see too much point in other consoles besides nintendo. Sony and Microsoft mostly rely on 3rd party support that goes mulitplatform on the PC anyway. And their exclusives usually arn't very interesting.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

44. Posted:

Fusion14 wrote:

SunnyShores wrote:

yeah i'm sticking with wii u and ps4. microsoft in my opinion is just making such terrible decisions.
i mean with backwards compatibility and tying the game to your system. what about that sounds appealing?

I might (not) get a PS4. After all. I don't see too much point in other consoles besides nintendo. Sony and Microsoft mostly rely on 3rd party support that goes mulitplatform on the PC anyway. And their exclusives usually arn't very interesting.

Most games will hit PC, so I'm with you there. But you have to hand it to Sony, they really have been cranking out the awesome exclusives lately. I am a HUGE Sly Cooper fan, and part of me wants to buy a PS3 this late in the generation just to play the newest installment.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

45. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

skywake wrote:

The irony in the "Nintendo stuck in the past" argument is that outside of graphical performance Nintendo aren't that behind at all this generation.

Well one could argue the account system and online features too. I honestly don't understand the whole "stuck in the past" argument either. Are they saying that Nintendo is relying on its franchises for success (because everyone does that tbh)?

Well consider the big complaints about Nintendo last generation:

  • Friend Codes
  • No way of sending friend requests
  • Different codes for every game
  • No way to tell what your friends are playing
  • No voice chat
  • No online features in most first party games
  • "Cleaning the fridge"
  • No way to purchase retail games
  • Limits on the size of WiiWare titles

I don't think any of these really hold true anymore. The only thing missing is Achievements but I suppose that's a topic for another thread.....

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

46. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, sorry. I thought the article here on NL confirmed BC. I thought he said it was 'backwards, but we're gonna do it anyway'. I'm sure they'll add BC eventually, but as of now, it won't be happening.
Oh well. I'm still gonna wait and see if it's worth it, even without BC.

Xbox One will never see backwards capability much like the PS4, Games designed for the Xbox 360's Xenon processor simply won't run natively on Xbox One hardware, since the Xenon used a PowerPC architecture instead.

Edit: I thought people know Xbox One wouldn't use backwards capability, months back because of the hardware differences.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

47. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, sorry. I thought the article here on NL confirmed BC. I thought he said it was 'backwards, but we're gonna do it anyway'. I'm sure they'll add BC eventually, but as of now, it won't be happening.
Oh well. I'm still gonna wait and see if it's worth it, even without BC.

Xbox One will never see backwards capability much like the PS4, Games designed for the Xbox 360's Xenon processor simply won't run natively on Xbox One hardware, since the Xenon used a PowerPC architecture instead.

Edit: I thought people know Xbox One wouldn't use backwards capability, months back because of the hardware differences.

It's the OS. The hardware can run any OS, as long as it's programmed to do so. PS4 won't do LOCAL BC, because they plan on using Gaikai to run older games of the server eventually. I'm sure PS4 will eventually have BC, but not from anything with in the console(disc drive, HDD).
Even the slim PS3s can play PS2 games with a program, although Sony doesn't approve of it. Sony was stupid, because they put an entire PS2 in the PS3, when they could have just ran it off of the PS3 hardware with a program.
It's like running an older program on Windows 8. The hardware is way more complex now adays, but they still derive from components in past machines. It's like saying a MB is different because it's being used on a MAC vs. a PC. That's not true, it's the way it's formatted, and how it is delivered to the computer to use(cord, wires).
PS4 won't do BC, because Sony doesn't actually know how to make it happen on the console. BC will be in the form of the server acting as a PS3.
Xbox One doesn't have to do that, because Microsoft actually has intelligence when it comes to computers to run things. They were a computer company for 20 years before PlayStation even existed. Sony was making tape players and physical media devices.
Do you understand that Sony doesn't know s*** about computers in comparison to Microsoft(and apparently Nintendo)?
You can put as many components into a console as you want, but that doesn't mean you know how to use them. That's Sony's problem.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

48. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

banacheck wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, sorry. I thought the article here on NL confirmed BC. I thought he said it was 'backwards, but we're gonna do it anyway'. I'm sure they'll add BC eventually, but as of now, it won't be happening.
Oh well. I'm still gonna wait and see if it's worth it, even without BC.

Xbox One will never see backwards capability much like the PS4, Games designed for the Xbox 360's Xenon processor simply won't run natively on Xbox One hardware, since the Xenon used a PowerPC architecture instead.

Edit: I thought people know Xbox One wouldn't use backwards capability, months back because of the hardware differences.

It's the OS. The hardware can run any OS, as long as it's programmed to do so. PS4 won't do LOCAL BC, because they plan on using Gaikai to run older games of the server eventually. I'm sure PS4 will eventually have BC, but not from anything with in the console(disc drive, HDD).
Even the slim PS3s can play PS2 games with a program, although Sony doesn't approve of it. Sony was stupid, because they put an entire PS2 in the PS3, when they could have just ran it off of the PS3 hardware with a program.
It's like running an older program on Windows 8. The hardware is way more complex now adays, but they still derive from components in past machines. It's like saying a MB is different because it's being used on a MAC vs. a PC. That's not true, it's the way it's formatted, and how it is delivered to the computer to use(cord, wires).
PS4 won't do BC, because Sony doesn't actually know how to make it happen on the console. BC will be in the form of the server acting as a PS3.
Xbox One doesn't have to do that, because Microsoft actually has intelligence when it comes to computers to run things. They were a computer company for 20 years before PlayStation even existed. Sony was making tape players and physical media devices.
Do you understand that Sony doesn't know s*** about computers in comparison to Microsoft(and apparently Nintendo)?
You can put as many components into a console as you want, but that doesn't mean you know how to use them. That's Sony's problem.

If Sony could have just put a cheap program in instead of extra parts that cost money they would have. They understand how PS3 works better than you do. The idea that you know more about how backwards compatabily than the engineers that made it is rediculous. You have lost all credibility in this disscussion, if there is a program that can run PS2 games on PS3 then Sony knows something about it that you don't about it not being able to work as well as it should or something else, they might have just deemed it unprofitable it does work fine. You don't know half of what you think you know. Things aren't this simple. The idea that they don't understand how to work their own console is just plain ludicrous. Also, if Microsoft is so smart and is going to add backwards compatabily then why isn't that their current plan? Why would they say their not if they will just do it later?

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, inFamous: Second Son, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

49. Posted:

@Jaz007
You seriously think a PS3 slim or super slim CAN'T play PS2 games? Wow.
They just won't let you. They don't want to sacrifice the PS3 OS to focus on PS2 hardware emulation, and in PS4's case, PS3 hardware emulation.
Sony is trying to push Gakai, and If a PS4 could seriously run every PS console's games in existence, they would have no reason for as big of an online store and features online offer as they do.
It's just like Other OS on the original PS3 phat consoles. They got rid of that feature. We all know it can still technically do it, but Sony WON'T LET YOU.

$¢@®³’²