Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 488

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

I forget is the arcade version out yet? How long after that release do people think we will get a Wii U release?

Let it be a early 2016 game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Yoshi_Prime

If any non-Smash Brothers fighting game (which is different than these type of games, but I digress) can get me interested in the genre, it would be this game.

Yoshi_Prime

Caryslan

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I forget is the arcade version out yet? How long after that release do people think we will get a Wii U release?

Let it be a early 2016 game.

I can see this game being a 2016 release, with the game coming in early 2016 in Japan, and later in the year for the rest of the world.

2015 is already pretty packed in terms of games for the Wii U with Star Fox, Xenoblade, Yoshi, Kirby, and Zelda all getting new games this year, and other stuff like Splatoon and Mario Maker arriving at some point as well.

Pokken Fighters would help boost 2016's release schedule by giving the Wii U a Pokemon game, even if it's not a classic RPG game. A fighter could also turn alot of heads, since it would give the Wii U another fighting game besides Smash, Tekken Tag 2, and Injustice.

I think Nintendo and Namco will shoot for 2016 to give the Wii U a boost in what might be it's final year on the market.

Caryslan

Retro_on_theGo

Some interesting news from Harada. Apparently, The Pokemon Company has really strict guidelines on what you can do with the Pokemon franchise. I'm happy to see they care about the property that much and Harada says they have actually been cooler with him than he anticipated, so you shouldn't worry about a lot of ideas getting cut because of restrictions.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/pokken-tournament-apparentl...

I don't have a link for it, but Harada also said that he believes every fighting game should be released in arcades first as a test. At only 100 yen to play, it's the ultimate test if the game will be successful or not on consoles and if you've created a good game. Honestly, I really like this philosophy for fighting game. (I can provide a link later if people want it.

Also, direct link to the news that more info is coming out the 23rd.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/pokken-tournament-apparentl...

iKhan

I wish one of those rules was "Main series pokemon games cannot be story focused"

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shingi_70

Should be a pretty interesting show, I guess they're going to announce the dates for the arcade playtests. I know the game is supposedly pretty deep as the Pokémon Company wants it too be a third pillar at the pokemon world events.

I hope the Wii U SKU is announced pretty soon.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

IceClimbers

Gonna guess and say it's inevitable that Mewtwo, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan are in the game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

Gonna guess and say it's inevitable that Mewtwo, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan are in the game.

And Infernape.

Master of the Hype Train

yokokazuo

Muyounosuke wrote:

for those of you up here is the stream(requires account to watch) http://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv203636058
although pokken isn't going to be shown until 9:30 PM japan time and it is a quarter past 7 pm as I'm posting this

Sweet, I just got off night shift so I guess I'll just stay up and check it out.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Interesting, there are a few non-fighting type Pokemon like Pikachu, Gardevoir and Suicine.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

And it looks like you can use some other extra Pokemon to help you out as well. There was Lapras and Snivy so far.

yokokazuo

Octane

''Higher'' quality images of Suicune, Gardevoir and Pikachu:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Octane

Blast

Octane wrote:

edit: The quality isn't amazing, but this is the only footage available as of now.

Machamp vs Suicune

Pikachu vs Gardevoir

Lucario vs Pikachu

OHMYGAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COME TO WII U! THIS ACTUALLY LOOKS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Octane

I have to say; I'm not really into fighting games, and I haven't played a Pokémon game in about a decade, but this has me intrigued.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

shingi_70

This is a 2016 game alright which isn't a bad thing. I was wondering how Suicine is supposed to play but I guess he's similar to Riptor from KI.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

IceClimbers

Pikachu combo! Also, wait until the competitive community decides to ban support Pokemon if it can be turned off. Calling that right now.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

Of course they added Gardevoir in this ugh,but where's Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan or any of the other fighting type pokemon?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.