Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 488

Blast

midnafanboy wrote:

Of course they added Gardevoir in this ugh,but where's Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan or any of the other fighting type pokemon?

I'm sure they will join but none of them are as popular as Lucario, Gardevoir, Pikachu and the rest of the confirmed cast so far.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

IceClimbers wrote:

Pikachu combo! Also, wait until the competitive community decides to ban support Pokemon if it can be turned off. Calling that right now.

Not going to happen its a mechanic built into the actual fighting system of the games, and is like saying the powers or super moves from Injustice should be banned. I think this puts a extra layer onto the fighting myself.

midnafanboy wrote:

Of course they added Gardevoir in this ugh,but where's Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan or any of the other fighting type pokemon?

From the outset we knew the game was going to be far more than just fighting types. Your probably going to get those guys eventually but the the fighter's that are being shown are much more interestingly visually.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Grumblevolcano

I guess Mewtwo, Greninja, Charizard and possibly Jigglypuff will be in this simply because of Smash popularity.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

True enough. Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee better be in this game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I guess Mewtwo, Greninja, Charizard and possibly Jigglypuff will be in this simply because of Smash popularity.

Mewtwo will get in just because it's Mewtwo

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

shingi_70

Charizard is pretty much a given considering how popular he is. He typical ranks in the top five most popular of all time on lists.

I'm watching the full stream and so far the gameplay looks like its own thing and not just Pokémon skinned tekken which is a great thing.

I will say Nintendo is having a nice suite of competitive games releasing soon.

Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Splatoon
Mario kart 8
Pokken Tournament
mainline pokemon games.

They could probably start to host their own yearly events similar to Pokémon world up but for Nintendo multiplayer games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

KO-Cub

Blast wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

I'm sure they will join but none of them are as popular as Lucario, Gardevoir, Pikachu and the rest of the confirmed cast so far.

Yeah, they know how to keep the specific Pokemon fanbase happy. The devs know why the fans like them. I betcha Lopunny join too having a Mega and all.

Overall, I'm not really in interested in this. All I see is a Tekken. I don't see Pokemon taking it's part in it, apart from looking like a Tekken re-skin to me. At least so far. Who knows...
If moves do super effective damage bonuses, status conditions like Paralysis, Burn, etc took toll on the opponent and stat moves like Swords Dance boosting Atk for small time, and able to customize move-sets and items to have coverage and fight back at Pokemon with an advantage over your chosen Mon. You know, the more main Pokemon game approach. It wouldn't be so bad. It would flex more. Then that means Hitmonlee and Chan could be in with more meaning. (Hitmonchan would have such a great tool box of those Elemental Punches) Tho, it wouldn't be as good because the game is so direct like Tekken. More buttons are used on Punches and Kicks, etc. If it was Budokai x Pokemon. The game would support what I said above much easier being the more simplified layout while having that original Pokemon meta making it competitive.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

shingi_70

@MetalK9

Not much Tekken being scene in the gameplay so far beyond a few combos. The biggest difference is the game changes perspectives dependent on player promixty. Far out you get an over the shoulder control with much more movemet control that looks like the Naruto fighters and the closer you get the game starts to play more like a typical 3D fighter. Tehe shift seems to happen when using power movs.

Frankley the game looks nothing like Tekken at all.

WAT!

DefHalan

I think the reason why they didn't show many fighting types is that people assume that it is going to be full of Fighting type Pokemon and they want to show that isn't true, there are other types and all pokemon are able to appear. I really hope this comes to Wii U, I really want to play it. I wonder how it would use Amiibo

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

Pikachu I was expecting. Gardevoir and Suicune...not so much.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

shingi_70 wrote:

Charizard is pretty much a given considering how popular he is. He typical ranks in the top five most popular of all time on lists.

I'm watching the full stream and so far the gameplay looks like its own thing and not just Pokémon skinned tekken which is a great thing.

Splatoon
Mario kart 8
Pokken Tournament
mainline pokemon games.

They could probably start to host their own yearly events similar to Pokémon world up but for Nintendo multiplayer games.

I'm not too sure Splatoon would be that great for competitive gameplay (as in physical tournaments). I recall the NL team at EGX saying that 12 Gamepads for Mario Kart 8 caused too many problems so they went with 12 pro controllers instead. Pretty sure Splatoon is Gamepad exclusive so that would cause bigger issues?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ZurrrrBlattTron

this game reminds me of Final Fantasy Dissidia, which I'm not complaning about at ALL! I think it looks great!

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

FriedSquid

So I guess this means that basically any type of Pokémon could be playable, since it's not just Fighting-types or bipedals.

Personally I'm hoping for some of my favorites like Golem, Primeape, Sceptile, Garchomp, Deoxys, Feraligatr, Ninetales, Magmortar, Electivire, Pangoro....

Man, there's so many Pokémon. I wonder just how big the roster will be.

So what Pokémon do you guys want to see most?

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DefHalan

Breloom. I know it is a Fighting-type and biped but I still want him in there. Do you think we will only see fully evolved Pokemon? (not counting Pikachu cause he is freaking Pikachu)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DreamyViridi

Golurk. I'd love to see that if possible. Also, maybe something, I dunno, cute? It'd be a funny contrast.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MasterWario

If we get some ghost types that would be cool. Dusknoir I think fits pretty well, and Spiritomb or Chandelure doesn't, but would be hilarious.

@DefHalan I second the Breloom pick. Makes a lot of sense to me.

@DreamyViridi For some reason Golurk doesn't sit well with me, but maybe its just because I'd like to see some other ghost types instead, and Golurk seems to have the highest chance of making it.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Dave24

Garbodor would be perfect fit. Garbage flud, trash hadouken, raiden-ish garbage teleport, the moves write themselves

Dave24

Retro_on_theGo

No one ever remembers Hitmontop! Screw the other Hitmons! Hitmontop is the only one we need!

Grumblevolcano wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Splatoon
Mario kart 8
Pokken Tournament
mainline pokemon games.

I'm not too sure Splatoon would be that great for competitive gameplay (as in physical tournaments). I recall the NL team at EGX saying that 12 Gamepads for Mario Kart 8 caused too many problems so they went with 12 pro controllers instead. Pretty sure Splatoon is Gamepad exclusive so that would cause bigger issues?

Its not gamepad exclusive.

kkslider5552000

I'm not sure why they needed to confirm Pikachu. Just by being a Pokemon game, Pikachu is basically confirmed.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FriedSquid

Yeah, I don't know about Spiritomb!

For Ghost-types, Dusknoir would be a great choice, and he's one of my favorites. Haunter or Gengar could also be good, and maybe Banette or Mismagius. I like Golurk but I get a heavy and very slow vibe from him — he's probably way too tall as well. But anything could happen!

Breloom would also be very good, I'd imagine his moves would focus on kicks.

Also, "Chrom Town"?

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.