Forums

Topic: Pokken Tournament - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 488

shingi_70

Its a good time to be a fan of fighters.

Killer Instict Season 2
Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS
Mortal Kombat X
Tekken 7
Pokken Tournament
New Guilty Gear

Something for all types of play on the new systems.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DefHalan

I wonder if Pokken will have Double and Triple battles? (either like a Tag Team mode or something)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

I wonder if Pokken will have Double and Triple battles? (either like a Tag Team mode or something)

Maybe in the Wii U version but I don't see it happening in the arcade version. But who knows? Japanese arcades could be really powerful and high tech.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I hope they incorporate tag matches into this! That'd be really fun. But seeing as Tekken has entire entries in the series solely for the Tag feature, I doubt it will be a game mode in this.

maybe the sequel lol

mamp

OMG I can't belive this is real. So is it only fighting types? I wanna play as pikachu (he gonna wink at you LOL). Will this eventually move from arcade to the Wii U? Will there be some crossover tekken characters? Answer my questions guys!!! LOL

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Retro_on_theGo

So according to Harada this isn't using the Tekken engine! O.O It's its own thing not a Tekken re-skin. Also we will get more info next week in Famitsu. Man next week is going to be amazing. Potentially new Mega's in CoroCoro and new info on this in Famitsu. This is one of the best times to be a Pokemon fan.

I'm really excited to see how this shapes up! Here's hoping for unique fighters like Hawluch, Hitmontop, and Heracross.

EDIT: Also you can tweet @pokken_official with the hashtag #ポッ拳 to let them know what Pokemon you want to see in this game!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

turtlelink

@Shingi don't forget about Persona 4 Arena Ultimax!
@Retro, yea I heard that too. Something tells me they're going to end up using the Pokken engine for Tekken x Street Fighter lol... Also, Lucario... He is the only pokemon I need in this game haha. It would be cool if they ended up having different types though. Scizor would fit in perfectly.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

shingi_70

I just realized that Pokemon and Tekken put together equal Pokken.

We should be getting some more infomation on the game in Fatismu or corocror.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ZurrrrBlattTron

YESSSSSSSSS! The Smash crew is obviously in (Pikachu, Jiggly(?), Mewtwo, Charizard and Greninja) I would like to see Garchomp, Keldeo, Gardevior, DiggersbyTho, Bunery, Gallade, Gengar, Infernape and Ryperior

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

DefHalan

I really want to see Breloom, and back when I thought it was going to be just Fighting types I thought Breloom had a chance, now I doubt it.

Retro_on_theGo

Ugh, that's actually pretty disappointing… So I'm guessing it'll be like Mortal Kombat blocks? I don't like having a button just for blocking though. Well I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'd really love it if this saw like some competitive play lol.
Aye at least he confirms Non-humanoid Pokemon! That's awesome. This is really gonna be cool. Maybe they'll add Typholsion lol.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

turtlelink

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ugh, that's actually pretty disappointing… So I'm guessing it'll be like Mortal Kombat blocks?

It'll probably be like the Namco Naruto fighting games. You hold back but but you can't block low.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Retro_on_theGo

turtlelink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ugh, that's actually pretty disappointing… So I'm guessing it'll be like Mortal Kombat blocks?

It'll probably be like the Namco Naruto fighting games. You hold back but but you can't block low.

Oh,eh, that's not too bad I guess. Never played those games but I could adjust to that.

DefHalan

I forget is the arcade version out yet? How long after that release do people think we will get a Wii U release?

Retro_on_theGo

DefHalan wrote:

I forget is the arcade version out yet? How long after that release do people think we will get a Wii U release?

Game is not finished yet, but is set to release in arcades this year. Home console ports usually take a year for fighting games. However, some have come in sooner, and Tekken 7 will be hitting home consoles much faster than that, and considering this is the Pokemon brand we're talking about, I'd assume a home console port of this once it's in arcades will take 4-5 months. Arcades are kind of like a test to make tweaks and a few extras for the console release.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.