Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,801 to 7,820 of 27,917

iKhan

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Franklin wrote:

If Chrom doesn't make the cut, then this is Brawl 2.0. It's still a game I'd want to play, but it will be a shame.

Sure just like Melee was Smash 64 2.0, and Brawl was Melee 2,0. Not sure if you're completely serious here, but I do get tired of hearing this. We already have 6 completely new characters, tons of new items and stages, a new mode, fantastic online features, and not to mention two different versions of Smash coming out the same year. Considering all the content we haven't even seen yet, "Brawl 2.0" is a pointless insult for a game that hasn't even released yet.

The Melee 2.0 has some credence (but not much). Compared to the evolution Melee was over 64, Brawl wasn't really that big a change.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

UGXwolf

iKhan wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Franklin wrote:

If Chrom doesn't make the cut, then this is Brawl 2.0. It's still a game I'd want to play, but it will be a shame.

Sure just like Melee was Smash 64 2.0, and Brawl was Melee 2,0. Not sure if you're completely serious here, but I do get tired of hearing this. We already have 6 completely new characters, tons of new items and stages, a new mode, fantastic online features, and not to mention two different versions of Smash coming out the same year. Considering all the content we haven't even seen yet, "Brawl 2.0" is a pointless insult for a game that hasn't even released yet.

The Melee 2.0 has some credence (but not much). Compared to the evolution Melee was over 64, Brawl wasn't really that big a change.

I couldn't disagree more. Yeah, so the graphics weren't exactly a massive leap, but the art style, voice acting, mechanics, the sheer VOLUME of the content, and the completeness of the character roster in terms of covering certain play styles are all very, VERY different. In fact, I'm struggling to find anything even similar to Melee in Brawl, aside from 20 (or 21) of the characters (depending on how you count them). You said this before. I didn't understand it, then, and I still don't understand it. If anything, Melee is the closest game to its predecessor as it was just a natural progression from one to the other. Brawl took the game in an entirely different direction. and went absolutely nuts with the idea of unlocking things.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

iKhan wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Franklin wrote:

Well, yes and no. I was just using the 2.0 thing rather sarcastically, since each entry in the series has brought its own fair share of new content. The visuals are noteworthy in comparing the evolution of the series, but the amount of content has grown with each game and is far more important. Graphics wise, Melee was a drastic change from Smash 64, but Brawl wasn't really a huge step up from Melee. The change between Brawl and the Wii U version can be considered similar to the jump from Melee to Brawl, but not identical. Of course the HD helps the game to look better, but the complete 180-degree change in the style is what sets it apart from Brawl. The more vibrant and colorful look the game has is a significant difference from Brawl's more dull, realistic look. The amount of features and content improves with each game, as does the size of the roster. Obviously, more characters are going to be kept than cut out of the next game. When some of the Brawl veterans like Diddy Kong or Lucario were revealed for the new games, people for some reason took this as a sign that the games weren't going to be much different from Brawl. How the return of important and deserving characters combined with new stages, items, and game modes equals "Brawl 2.0" is beyond my knowledge. Hence why I made reference to the possibility of each sequel being a 2.0 of its own, since that seems to be the definition of what the 2.0 means.

EDIT: I agree with what UGXwolf posted above this, and it illustrates the point pretty nicely.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

cookiex

Back when Brawl came out, people called it Melee 2.0. Now that people are calling this Brawl 2.0 that would technically make it Melee 3.0, since people already called Brawl Melee 2.0.

You get what I'm sayin'?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

iKhan

UGXwolf wrote:

iKhan wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Franklin wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. Yeah, so the graphics weren't exactly a massive leap, but the art style, voice acting, mechanics, the sheer VOLUME of the content, and the completeness of the character roster in terms of covering certain play styles are all very, VERY different. In fact, I'm struggling to find anything even similar to Melee in Brawl, aside from 20 (or 21) of the characters (depending on how you count them). You said this before. I didn't understand it, then, and I still don't understand it. If anything, Melee is the closest game to its predecessor as it was just a natural progression from one to the other. Brawl took the game in an entirely different direction. and went absolutely nuts with the idea of unlocking things.

Brawl added a ton of content, yes. But Melee really evolved Smash 64 from a very bare bones game into a full fledged party-fighter game. The gameplay was fundamentally altered with the addition of a brand new move (Side-B) (that's the big one). The character roster grew to great sizes, the combat mechanics were dramatically smoothed out, and like Brawl massive amounts of content were added.

I'm not saying Brawl was a CoD or NSMB rehash though. Just that Melee was the bigger jump.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

2Sang

Saratoga NY for me I'm going to camp overnight to get a gold coin.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Jazzer94

If this happened in July I would've gone ugh and the Long Island City Bestbuy would only take me an hour to get to as well.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

OdnetninAges

Despite the fact that the E3 demos were in my city last year, there are no SSB demos in my city this year.

And my family doesn't have a car, so...

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

2Sang

OdnetninAges wrote:

Despite the fact that the E3 demos were in my city last year, there are no SSB demos in my city this year.

Sorry bro. You should check and see if you can get a ride with a friend or even check a bus schedule.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Shirma_Akayaku

Well I'm in NYC, and the nearest ones are far away it seems.... Well, I'm done for.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

Gaaah, Nintendo!! How are you gonna just ignore Arkansas completely?! Not even the obligatory Little Rock Demo?! I'm gonna have to are if any of my friends are really up for a 3-and-a-half-hour drive to Missouri or the dead middle of Oklahoma. I don't think i'm gonna make it to this one.

Nintendo6400

I have to drive 40 minutes up to my best buy assuming that there demo works. Last year I had to drive to 2 best buy's last year. The one closest to me had a broken demo.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

SparkOfSpirit

OdnetninAges wrote:

Same here.

Shame they didn't keep the same locations as last year and just add new ones.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Azooooz

Well, sharing is caring. So anyone who will attend the smash fest @ best buy should give us their impressions and more reasons why the game worth the wait.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Nintendo6400

I'm definitely going to try and record some matches! Too bad my phone is not that great at recording.

UGXwolf

Here's a video with a good amount of speculation and theory behind it as to what the roster may look like.

I don't agree with everything this guy says, mind you. I don't see Mewtwo or Ridley joining the game, but I can admit that he makes an excellent point.

Edited on by UGXwolf

camerica1618

Wow....lucky me. One of the locations is within five miles of my house. I'll definitely be going. After church on Wednesday night I'll go and watch some matches. If I get the chance on Wednesday I'll play too, but I highly doubt the line will be short enough. On Saturday I'll try to show up early and I'll hope to get a shot at playing! I'm excited! What character should I play as?

camerica1618

Nintendo6400

I think it's strange how some locations are different from last year.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic