Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,621 to 7,640 of 27,917

Earth

Azooooz wrote:

In case you don't know yet, Nintendo announced a contest called Super Smash Bros. People's Challenger. Here's a picture of it and how to enter:
Untitled

Interesting haha curious to see who does this around here.

Earth

NintonicGamer

I have a question that might be a bit offtopic but still related to Smash Bros. I'm curious, the more I see of Smash Bros, will it just basicly spoil the game for me when I play it or will it cause me to enjoy it more when I play it? This is a question I've had for a while but never knew how to ask it.

NintonicGamer

iKhan

Moorpheel wrote:

Smash bros games tend to represent the previous generation.

Metal Gear was a highlight during the Game Cube era, so his inclusion in Brawl was justified.

And the Wii saw ToS: DotNW and Tales of Graces, while the DS saw Tales of the Tempest, Tales of Innocence, and Tales of Hearts.

That's not counting spin offs.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

UGXwolf

Moorpheel wrote:

Smash bros games tend to represent the previous generation.

Metal Gear was a highlight during the Game Cube era, so his inclusion in Brawl was justified.

We really have to stop pretending that there are rules behind this. I can name plenty of examples of characters that don't fit this false classification in the slightest, and they aren't just from one game, but Melee, Brawl, AND Smash 4. Not to mention Snake was supposed to be in Melee, but didn't make the deadline.

Besides all of that, Sakurai has very clearly been adding characters that no one expected. Everyone expected Mewtwo. We got Greninja, instead. A lot of people expected Bowser Jr. or ever Toad. We wound up with Rosalina & Luma. How many people do you know that even considered Wii Fit Trainer a possibility before E3, last year, and how many of them haven't laughed at a single suggestion for an Animal Crossing character, let alone the entirely customizable protagonist? There was a whole subgroup of people that insisted Little Mac wouldn't make for a good character because all he does is punch, so a full moveset would be a stretch. Heck, I even had a big long rant as to why I didn't think Capcom would ever allow us to have Mega Man in Smash, and yet here he is!

What else do you think we'll get? A lot of people expect Palutena. Maybe Sakurai will make her an assist trophy. Maybe Viridi will be a fighter, instead. Maybe Magnus. A lot of people expect Chrom, but what if we do get Lucina? What if it's Macaiah, instead? It's not exactly a secret that EVERYBODY expects Pac-Man, but looking at the character reveals thus far, what's so far-fetched about Lloyd Irving or Cless?

None of our silly rules that we THINK Sakurai operates under are worth a hill of beans and assuming that characters are impossible or even unlikely just because they don't fit the design pattern is silly, at best.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Eel

I did not say it was rule, did I?

It's a tendency.

Wanna know why?

Because smash bros games have the tendency of being developed early during the life of their console. Which means the previous console has more material to take things from.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

Nintonic wrote:

I have a question that might be a bit offtopic but still related to Smash Bros. I'm curious, the more I see of Smash Bros, will it just basicly spoil the game for me when I play it or will it cause me to enjoy it more when I play it? This is a question I've had for a while but never knew how to ask it.

Eh, I don't feel spoiled by seeing stuff of this game. The gameplay will drag you in. You will enjoy it when you play it... trust me

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

Was hoping for Chrom but I guess marth technically represents awakening as well as the FE series.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

JoyBoy

Ike lol, he's back.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

FriedSquid

Wow, glad to finally see another character reveal! His design here looks much better...

I thought Ike was unlikely to return and I didn't care for him much, but I know others will be glad to see him again. I seriously still hope Chrom shows up, too.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CapeSmash

Ike looks like an American football player.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MAN1AC

So I guess this means no Chrom....

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

shingi_70

He's pretty bulky and reminds me a lot of Gutz from Beserk.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

JoyBoy

Chrom would be way too similar to Marth. Besides, we need more MANLY characters, which reminds me... Falcon, where art thou?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Blast

Ike looks cool but seriously... how does Ike stay in the roster but not Chrom or Lucina? Keep Marth but at least give us Lucina or Chrom! No one is that excited for Ike!!!! Does Sakurai not know who they are???? Lol

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

The fans cheered "We Like Ike" and so he is back lol jk

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

bassoongoon

@nintonic , knowing TOO much about a game tends to spoil it for me. I haven't really been following gaming news a whole lot though, so I do not know much about the new smash so I'm not too worried about myself.

I think a little bit of teasers are nice, but too much spoils it for me. I guess it just depends on the person.

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

Eel

Oh wow Ike looks like ten times better.

Although he looks like he trained a bit with Chris from Resident Evil.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

iKhan

I'm really confused about who Sakurai is going to cut. There are clearly going to be cuts, but the most likely and best cuts, Toon Link, Lucario, and Ike, are returning.

Surely Sakurai isn't cutting Metaknight in a kneejerk reaction to him being broken in brawl right?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic