Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,641 to 6,660 of 27,917

Nintendo6400

Haxonberik wrote:

I'll throw in my expected missing characters, feel free to comment:
Most veterans would likely return, the ones that may not (I think) are:
+Ice Climbers, due to technical difficulties
+Ike, may be replaced with another FE character
+Lucas (would be cool if they kept him as a Ness skin)
+Pokemon Trainer (no duh)
+ROB, he just has one game with him and is not THAT memorable
+Falco and Wolf, though the first one is more likely to stay
+Snaaaake, almost forgot him as I have basically already counted him out

So that being said, here are some new characters I'd like and are somewhat likely to appear:
+Chrom/Lucina
+Shulk from Xenoblade
+A namco character (Pac-Man? Lloyd Irving?)
+Some non-clone character from Star Fox (Krystal, anyone?)
+Isaac from Golden Sun (notice how he still isn't an Assist Trophy?)
+Someone from Advanced Wars (don't really know the series well), mainly to replace Snake
+Someone really out of the blue from an unrepresented series (A la Game & Watch)
+Palutena (especially since it's Sakurai's game and has also been removed from Pits Final Smash)

I agree with your choices, except wolf he has to stay. You also forgot about the pseudo palutena trophy quiz. He got me there. XD

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Nintendo6400

Haxonberik wrote:

I'll throw in my expected missing characters, feel free to comment:
Most veterans would likely return, the ones that may not (I think) are:
+Ice Climbers, due to technical difficulties
+Ike, may be replaced with another FE character
+Lucas (would be cool if they kept him as a Ness skin)
+Pokemon Trainer (no duh)
+ROB, he just has one game with him and is not THAT memorable
+Falco and Wolf, though the first one is more likely to stay
+Snaaaake, almost forgot him as I have basically already counted him out

So that being said, here are some new characters I'd like and are somewhat likely to appear:
+Chrom/Lucina
+Shulk from Xenoblade
+A namco character (Pac-Man? Lloyd Irving?)
+Some non-clone character from Star Fox (Krystal, anyone?)
+Isaac from Golden Sun (notice how he still isn't an Assist Trophy?)
+Someone from Advanced Wars (don't really know the series well), mainly to replace Snake
+Someone really out of the blue from an unrepresented series (A la Game & Watch)
+Palutena (especially since it's Sakurai's game and has also been removed from Pits Final Smash)

I agree with your choices, except wolf he has to stay. You also forgot about the pseudo palutena trophy quiz. He got me there. XD

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LyIa

Aviator wrote:

Understand the hype, but do we really need a bunch of high-res images.

The daily posting (and re-posting) of the PotD is fine. This is not.

Not everyone has high speed internet.

I second this.
Chill out with the imagespam, guys. One pic per post is okay, but don't cram so many hi-res images into one post. That's pretty inconsiderate for people with dinosaur-internet.
Untitled

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings πŸ‘‘

Orngeblu

So, what do you guys thing about alternate costumes? Little Mac got one. I used to think the Female/Male Wii Fit Trainer was just for the sake of being able to play their counterparts, but I guess I was wrong, alt costumes for some or all seem possible, if anything, just one for each character.

I hope Smash Run is playable online, too, or else I won't be playing it very much. It looks fun, and I would play it for a while, but it's not the core game so I'll get bored of it within a few days or so. :I

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Perfect final smash for Charizard!

Are you sure that's his Final Smash? He didn't say it was, same thing for Lucario's Mega too. It might have to do with the damage meter for Lucario. :I

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Bigtime

Has the Smash 6 rumour been addressed around here yet? Haven't seen it mentioned.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

LyIa

Bigtime wrote:

Has the Smash 6 rumour been addressed around here yet? Haven't seen it mentioned.

You mean this rumor?
It sounds pretty impossible as there is only one Smash per gen, and I'm pretty sure the Wii U and 3DS both count as 4 (so this would be 5, not 6). And, 2015 release date? Really?

I am pretty sure the only reason it hasn't been mentioned is that it's stupid and ridiculous. And should be dismissed immediately.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings πŸ‘‘

Randomname19

I wonder if Sonic wil get a Shadow costume and if Peach will get a proper Daisy one(I call them costumes but they are basically hidden clones with the exact same moveset like the male trainer)

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Tsuchinoko

Im still confused why some people are referring to the new Pokemon rep as a frog. Its japanese name makes it seem like a gecko.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんγͺη΄ ζ•΅γͺγ‚²γƒΌγƒ γ‚’δ½œγ£γ¦γγ‚Œγ¦γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†οΌ

Rezalack

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Im still confused why some people are referring to the new Pokemon rep as a frog. Its japanese name makes it seem like a gecko.

Froakie is a frog, Frogadier is an obvious frog.. and Greninja, well I'm assuming is a frog as well. That's his tongue he's using as a scarf after all.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Rezalack

@Guitardude7 Well said. I do find the character thing a bit disappointing though, just because like you said, we'll know them all before we even get the Wii U version. I definitely think it's smart of them though to release the 3DS version ahead of time. If they released them together I probably never would have bought it.. but now, I'll definitely get the 3DS version to tide me over. It's nice that they'll have different modes, too. I think the 3DS version might leave people wanting more and the Wii U version will be there to remedy that.

Rezalack

WesCash

19Robb92 wrote:

WesCash wrote:

it has some major issues.

Like what..? It's just a flat surface.

That's the problem. It favours ranged characters, chain grabbers, and fast characters that can camp. Also, the edges are poorly designed (in Brawl) for many character's recoveries. It's still a fine stage most of the time, but Battlefield and Smashville are better for competitive play in my opinion. Yoshi's Island is pretty good too.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Kewlan

Did you guys notice that the character's eyes turn yellow when they do their final smash?

Also, Pseudo-Palutena being shown as an assist trophy instead of the real one basically confirms Palutena as a playable character, no?

ΰ² _ΰ² 
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Tsuchinoko

Kewlan wrote:

Did you guys notice that the character's eyes turn yellow when they do their final smash?

Also, Pseudo-Palutena being shown as an assist trophy instead of the real one basically confirms Palutena as a playable character, no?

There are quite a few characters that are being hinted at, some quite aggressively. Mostly its veterans like Wario, Captain Falcon, the just mentioned polar bear hinting at the Ice Climbers, the items from Mother hinting at either Ness or Lucas, or both. Palutena is being teased hardcore by Sakurai. Pits final smash being changed helps that as well. Chrom seems very likely since the Awakening stage is in the game. Looking for G&W clues. He's given us a lot to work with today.

Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんγͺη΄ ζ•΅γͺγ‚²γƒΌγƒ γ‚’δ½œγ£γ¦γγ‚Œγ¦γ‚γ‚ŠγŒγ¨γ†οΌ

Rezalack

Kewlan wrote:

I think that was hilarious and a dig at the fans for the "leak". I had all the Palutena fans from this thread in mind the second I saw the back of the trophy and I was just laughing. Will she be a playable character now..? I'm leaning towards yes.

Do you guys think there will be unannounced newcomers for us to unlock in the game? Or will all the newcomers be shown off before release?

Rezalack

Tsuchinoko

Spuratis wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

I think that was hilarious and a dig at the fans for the "leak". I had all the Palutena fans from this thread in mind the second I saw the back of the trophy and I was just laughing. Will she be a playable character now..? I'm leaning towards yes.

Do you guys think there will be unannounced newcomers for us to unlock in the game? Or will all the newcomers be shown off before release?

Oh of course. They don't want to reveal all of the characters and stages before release.

LzWinky

WesCash wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

WesCash wrote:

it has some major issues.

Like what..? It's just a flat surface.

That's the problem. It favours ranged characters, chain grabbers, and fast characters that can camp. Also, the edges are poorly designed (in Brawl) for many character's recoveries. It's still a fine stage most of the time, but Battlefield and Smashville are better for competitive play in my opinion. Yoshi's Island is pretty good too.

And in such competitions you can still pick your own stage.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Adam

Yes, in a tournament you could just pick your stage, but if For Glory is intended to cater to the same crowd, which it obviously is, FD is not the best choice. A random pick from it, Battlefield, and City and Town would probably have been best, but this mode is way more than I expected, so I am more than satisfied that they are paying attention to both crowds!

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic