Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,661 to 6,680 of 27,917

19Robb92

WesCash wrote:

That's the problem. It favours ranged characters, chain grabbers, and fast characters that can camp.

I disagree. The map is not big enough to favor ranged characters & chain grabbers are usually easily avoidable for a skilled player. Also, campers can camp all they want, the Play for Glory mode is timed. So camping will only make you lose anyway.

Kewlan wrote:

Did you guys notice that the character's eyes turn yellow when they do their final smash?

Was the same in SSBB.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

WesCash

19Robb92 wrote:

WesCash wrote:

That's the problem. It favours ranged characters, chain grabbers, and fast characters that can camp.

I disagree. The map is not big enough to favor ranged characters & chain grabbers are usually easily avoidable for a skilled player. Also, campers can camp all they want, the Play for Glory mode is timed. So camping will only make you lose anyway.

Meh, I still stand by my complaints. I'm certainly not alone in my opinion either, there's been plenty of controversy surrounding Final Destination in competitive play since Melee. It's still easily in the top 5 competitive stages though. I just think restricting "For Glory" to just Final Destination is a little silly.

Edited on by WesCash

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Blast

I wish Capcom and Nintendo would team up for a Mega Man game. Are you guys seeing how Nintendo and Namco are showing so much love to Mega Man??? His Final Smash says it all....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

citizenerased wrote:

I agree with most of that, although I think Snake's really a 50/50 toss-up depending on whether or not they've been in contact with Konami at all.

I hope they drop Wolf and maybe make him an alternative costume to Fox. Having him in the character selection screen is quite literally a waste of space.

Definitely hoping for Wario and Metaknight to make a return. Captain Falcon is a no-brainer. Ganondorf too, but I hope they entirely change his moveset. Bowser has his own move-set, why can't the villain from that other main Nintendo franchise?

As I've already argued this into the ground, I'd be pretty silly not to restate my points on this. Wolf is not a waste of space. He plays nothing like Fox. As a Wolf main, myself, I can't play Fox to save my life. Having Wolf as a Fox skin would be the ultimate insult to Wolf mains everywhere.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

19Robb92

WesCash wrote:

I just think restricting "For Glory" to just Final Destination is a little silly.

While I disagree with the stage complaints, I agree with this. It sounds very boring to have no diversity IMO.

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

I agree with most of that, although I think Snake's really a 50/50 toss-up depending on whether or not they've been in contact with Konami at all.

I hope they drop Wolf and maybe make him an alternative costume to Fox. Having him in the character selection screen is quite literally a waste of space.

Definitely hoping for Wario and Metaknight to make a return. Captain Falcon is a no-brainer. Ganondorf too, but I hope they entirely change his moveset. Bowser has his own move-set, why can't the villain from that other main Nintendo franchise?

As I've already argued this into the ground, I'd be pretty silly not to restate my points on this. Wolf is not a waste of space. He plays nothing like Fox. As a Wolf main, myself, I can't play Fox to save my life. Having Wolf as a Fox skin would be the ultimate insult to Wolf mains everywhere.

I agree to a large extent. Tweak a few moves and change his final smash. The fact that there's 3 landmasters is the only awful thing about wolf, but he's significant enough of a character and is a villain, which we need more of in Smash.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

cookiex

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

UGXwolf

Also, keep in mind, this isn't the final version. Sakurai could still add platforms to the levels, and I think with playtesting, he may realize that the lack of diversity in levels will get tedious and boring. I'm not saying to get your hopes up, but it's certainly not hopeless, by any means.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

OdnetninAges

I can't find the image right now, but I saw an image earlier this morning showing the flags from Rally-X as an item.

Pretty awesome. I wonder what they do.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

19Robb92

I hope they do a Special Edition for this title, like they're doing with Mario Kart 8 or did with Wind Waker HD. Love those.

Randomname19

Now tha Greninja is in the game I won't play as Sheik and Lucario anymore.Why choose between a ninja and a Pokèmon when you can have both? XD

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Captain_Toad

Namco..... What are you doing?!?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Budda

I have a theory here.
You remember the part in the Direct with the mysterious special moves?
It looks like they are other Versions of already existing attacks.
One of Mario's mysterious move looks like the Mega Buster shots from Mega Man.
Pit's arrow looks like PK Thunder from Ness.
Marth's looks like side special from Little Mac.
The later move from Mario looks like up B from Little Mac as well.
Or Kirby's ice attack looks like from the Ice Climbers.

I'd say. Ness and Ice Climbers 100% confirmed. lol

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

SCRAPPER392

There's definitely alot of subtle hints.

Samarai Goroh = Captain Falcon is back
Kremlings = King K. Rule probably
Shiek = Ganondorf is there

Then as BlueBlurlxM says, there's the custom moves which are variances of moves from other characters, such as Ness and Ice Climbers.

I'm pretty sure Game & Watch is back, too. There's basically no way they can get rid of him. He's iconic and his moveset represents an entire handheld lineup that Nintendo did.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I have a theory here.

I wonder how much people will be using those custom movesets, with them not working in online random matches. Also with the party gameplay of Smash could be affected by it. I am going to have my movesets on my Wii U but when my friends come over will I have to give them 30 minutes to tweak and create their movesets?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Haxonberik wrote:

+ROB, he just has one game with him and is not THAT memorable

Saying that a character might/should be removed because their game isn't "popular" is the absolute worst excuse someone could make.

Yeah, what about Pit in Brawl and the Ice Climbers?

Also, R.O.B. had 2 games.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

ShadJV

DefHalan wrote:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I have a theory here.

I wonder how much people will be using those custom movesets, with them not working in online random matches. Also with the party gameplay of Smash could be affected by it. I am going to have my movesets on my Wii U but when my friends come over will I have to give them 30 minutes to tweak and create their movesets?

Well the customizable movesets are optional and, I'd imagine, tailored toward the people who are playing it a lot, to keep it fresh. If a friend comes over often, maybe they'll want to make a moveset, but it's possible it can be stored in a Wii remote (like Miis or Brawl's customized button layout), or each person's 3DS (didn't Sakurai say the 3DS version will be more customizable?), but every friend that comes over doesn't need to have a bunch of moves set up for every character, I'd imagine the standard moveset is more tailored well to the character.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic