Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,561 to 6,580 of 27,917

SparkOfSpirit

Squid wrote:

ChoppedLiver wrote:

So Smash Bros. now has a water and fire starter Pokemon in the roster, if there were to be a grass Pokemon from the starters, which from all the generations would you like to see?

I think the only one that would work is Sceptile. They could use Chesnaught, too, but we've already got Greninja as a 6th Gen starter. Otherwise I think Venusaur, Meganium, and Torterra would not work well, as they're all four-legged and would be too large/slow. Serperior would be even worse. But I don't think we need a Grass-type starter playable anyways.

Also @2Sang, I would relax a bit. Pokemon Trainer is basically deconfirmed, so we know he won't take a spot. With the character cap possibly at 5 per series (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina), Mewtwo could still be playable. The only reason I would be angry is if Jigglypuff still gets in and would take "Mewtwo's spot". In my opinion, Jigglypuff is just as irrelevant as Greninja, if not less so, besides being in the original 10. At least Greninja has an interesting moveset.

Regardless, I think Greninja looks like a pretty fun character!

Jigglypuff wouldn't take Mewtwo's spot because Jigglypuff is part of the original 12 and has an incredibly unique moveset AND is a popular character.

If Mewtwo doesn't get in, it isn't because of Jigglypuff.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Blast

Sakurai was incredibly laid back and funny in the Direct. He even teased Iwata's infamous: "DIRECT" moments

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tsuchinoko

Thoughts. I'm sorry guys, but as much as i love Sheik, I'm so excited with Zeldas new phantom move. Its so cool looking.

Now, we know both games will have the same roster, so no matter the gap, we will know all the characters when the 3ds version comes out. That will give them more time to work on game mechanics and stages for the WiiU version without distraction.

As far as the 3ds version release date, i still think, especially for the Japanese audience, that they are wanting to get this game out before August. Thats whentthe big summer break starts for students all the way up to high school (though i remember in my days in college here having a nice chunk of the month off). At the very least that still leaves us with 3 to 4 months, so theres still plenty of time for lots of new info.

Also, and i only saw the Japanese direct, but it seemed like there might be another direct for Smash, at least a smaller one or part of a video on summer games. I heard him mention that he was going to talk about the 3ds WiiU connectivity at a later date.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

e-love

I was very happy to see Greninja as a playable character. I love the mysterious vibe.

I chose my Pokemon X starter well

I wish they could just show us Ness, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff already. I know they'll end up in the final roster but still
/the feelings

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

2Sang

Tobywindgassen wrote:

2Sang wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I really don't like some of the comments I've read on the release dates for the 2 versions. I mean, yeah it's a bit of a bummer that the Wii U version is coming later but I don't see why people insist on cursing out the Wii U and how they're "never gonna need to buy it now" and how "IT'S COMPLETELY USELESS!"

Agreed. Each version will have it's own interesting features, not to mention completely different stages. Getting both versions is looking more viable than ever. I knew I was getting both as soon as I knew they existed. Also, the Direct was a complete joy to watch.

Well being someone who doesn't own a wii u, I'm going to say that it's stopping me from buying one (along with games like pikmin 3, w101, and X) until at the very least November, and I'm sure others are going to wait until then. Also, if the wii u doesn't offer something completely new, most people who own the 3ds version will probably not buy a wii u just for an upscaled version of smash.

there's the possibility of new single-player mode being added that's exclusive to the wiiu, a whole bunch of different stages, probably better control schemes (the 3ds is missing extra shoulder buttons), likely safer online play, whole bunch of interconnectivity. maybe the wiiu version will even be more polished than the 3ds version?

and what about a stage builder? - there could be a stage exclusive to the wiiu version.

Stage builder and exclusive stages aren't going to be selling much to anybody, and definitely not for me. If there's something in the 1 player mode that is exclusive, I'd be more interested. But since the characters are the same and there's no adventure mode, there's 2 major reasons why the wii u version won't sell a fraction of what the 3ds sells. If Iwata doesn't have something REALLY big lined up for e3 (we need something big other than just a new zelda), his job may be on the line because smash isn't going to move consoles like brawl or melee did. That combined with the huge game drought for the wii u is hurting nintendo bad. My bet is they have another year in the red AGAIN unless they have a huge lineup for e3.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SomeBitTripFan

I have a theory. Has anyone looked at the Pic of the Day today? The crate in the middle looks like a Weighted Storage Cube. Also, during the Direct, Sakurai said he was "still alive". My Portal senses are tingling...

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

FriedSquid

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I have a theory. Has anyone looked at the Pic of the Day today? The crate in the middle looks like a Weighted Storage Cube. Also, during the Direct, Sakurai said he was "still alive". My Portal senses are tingling...

lol no, never happening.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Shirma_Akayaku

Oh my gosh.... I don't even
Untitled
WHY NINTENDO, WHY???

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Rezalack

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So Zero Suit Samus. Minus well have put in Bayonetta. Immediately got that impression with her reveal. And Sakurai sure seems to have made her... Stonger.

That was my immediate thought as well, the shoes were screaming Bayonetta at me. That being said though, I think ZSS looks awesome and I'm really looking forward to trying her now.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

2Sang

Speaking of characters, whatever happened to Sakurai being interested in "retro" characters. I'm hoping for balloon fighter due to the stage, but what about some nes and snes era characters? Why are we putting in so many new characters while ignoring the past?

I guess little mac is retro, but all other characters revealed are very new.

Maybe nintendo wants us to forget the past so we forget how good they used to be in the previous 3 decades.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Based on the fact that their assists are in the game, can we count Wario and Captain Falcon as nearly confirmed now?

@2seng wow, that was like, an epic downer comment.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

FriedSquid

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Based on the fact that their assists are in the game, can we count Wario and Captain Falcon as nearly confirmed now?

Yes. Especially Captain Falcon.

Do people really think that the only representation F-Zero will get is one Assist Trophy of Goroh? The Falcon is in.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Rezalack

@2sang Seriously? Balloon Fighter? Let's add Urban Champion and Bubbles from Clu Clu Land while we're at it. Lol. Wait.. that actually would be hilarious, though probably a terrible choice. What are some retro Nintendo characters you'd personally like to see?

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

SparkOfSpirit

DestinyMan wrote:

I can't believe people would seriously fear Captain Falcon would get cut. I just can't seriously consider it, being an original veteran and an iconic Smash Bros. character.

I think we went through this with Brawl, too.

Nobody from Smash 64 is getting cut.

The only question is where the character count will cap at.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tsuchinoko

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I can't believe people would seriously fear Captain Falcon would get cut. I just can't seriously consider it, being an original veteran and an iconic Smash Bros. character.

Well we're at 29 now. Brawl had 40 including transformations, which we should count now since those characters split off.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

SparkOfSpirit

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Well we're at 29 now. Brawl had 40 including transformations, which we should count now since those characters split off.

Hmm. Then I'd say between 45-50 sounds like a likely number. That would still be quite a bit left to be announced.

― G.K. Chesterton

LzWinky

Mine01 wrote:

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-sma...
I was like "meh" then i read
Pokemon from x and y.

Greninja

Oh wow! That site must be given a medal for their obviously made Pokemon rumor... How many Smash games did not feature Pokemon from a recent generation?

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SparkOfSpirit

DestinyMan wrote:

An interesting thing I want to mention is that Brawl stages will return with the first one revealed being Halberd, but the 3DS version is getting a Melee stage in Jungle Japes. Is the Wii U version getting Brawl stages and the 3DS version getting Melee stages? In the past, I struggled to figure out how Sakurai and his team could divide up returning Brawl stages between the two versions.

But what about Smash 64 stages!

I don't think they're split by game. Locking stages from one game to each system would be a bit limiting, I think.

― G.K. Chesterton

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic