Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,581 to 6,600 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

An interesting thing I want to mention is that Brawl stages will return with the first one revealed being Halberd, but the 3DS version is getting a Melee stage in Jungle Japes. Is the Wii U version getting Brawl stages and the 3DS version getting Melee stages? In the past, I struggled to figure out how Sakurai and his team could divide up returning Brawl stages between the two versions.

Wait, didn't Temple get shown as well?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Retro_on_theGo

Unca_Lz wrote:

Mine01 wrote:

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-sma...
I was like "meh" then i read
Pokemon from x and y.

Greninja

Oh wow! That site must be given a medal for their obviously made Pokemon rumor... How many Smash games did not feature Pokemon from a recent generation?

Melee.

LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Melee.

Oh well. I still think it's hilarious how the last one is so vague while the others are specific. I still call BS on the "rumor"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

Squid wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Based on the fact that their assists are in the game, can we count Wario and Captain Falcon as nearly confirmed now?

Yes. Especially Captain Falcon.

Do people really think that the only representation F-Zero will get is one Assist Trophy of Goroh? The Falcon is in.

Of course he's in. Him and Ness are 2 of the most popular characters in smash and have been around since the 64. I wish they would actually SHOW them though, instead of toon link.

Also, I may be a downer, but I'm being real too. NIntendo will look back at the wii u 20 years from now and wonder what the heck they were thinking. I can't remember a game drought as bad as the wii u's year and a half drip feeding of a few good games over the first 18 months of the console's lifespan.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Shulk, Palutena and Chrom would all make fine additions.

I love me some Rhythm Heaven-Tengoku, but really?

Im not a Pokemon player at all, but that new character seems pretty cool. Is he a major character or fan favorite?

Mine01

Unca_Lz wrote:

Mine01 wrote:

Pokemon from x and y.

Greninja

Oh wow! That site must be given a medal for their obviously made Pokemon rumor... How many Smash games did not feature Pokemon from a recent generation?

The point is the "leaker" aldo "leaked" wft megaman villager and little mac before e3

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

camerica1618

I'm truly shocked that some people are actually disappointed with this Direct.

camerica1618

Tsuchinoko

2Sang wrote:

Squid wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Based on the fact that their assists are in the game, can we count Wario and Captain Falcon as nearly confirmed now?

Yes. Especially Captain Falcon.

Do people really think that the only representation F-Zero will get is one Assist Trophy of Goroh? The Falcon is in.

Of course he's in. Him and Ness are 2 of the most popular characters in smash and have been around since the 64. I wish they would actually SHOW them though, instead of toon link.

Also, I may be a downer, but I'm being real too. NIntendo will look back at the wii u 20 years from now and wonder what the heck they were thinking. I can't remember a game drought as bad as the wii u's year and a half drip feeding of a few good games over the first 18 months of the console's lifespan.

I disagree, but, this is not the place for that discussion. There are other threads better suited for that. Can we talk about the topic this thread was created for please?

FriedSquid

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Mine01 wrote:

Pokemon from x and y.

Greninja

Melee.

Melee did, actually. Pichu is 2nd Gen, and Pokemon was only up to 2nd Gen by the time Melee came out.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Retro_on_theGo

Unca_Lz wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Melee.

Oh well. I still think it's hilarious how the last one is so vague while the others are specific. I still call BS on the "rumor"

Yeah I agree. The pokemon character was the easiest thing to guess and get lucky.

Anyways.
I know Kamiya called out the fans demanding it, I know the character doesn't have much history with Nintendo, but I'm really starting to wish Bayonetta would be in this Smash. She'd only be as out of place as Snake, but he was begged to be put in lol so it's not happening.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

2Sang

Spuratis wrote:

@2sang Seriously? Balloon Fighter? Let's add Urban Champion and Bubbles from Clu Clu Land while we're at it. Lol. Wait.. that actually would be hilarious, though probably a terrible choice. What are some retro Nintendo characters you'd personally like to see?

Well you said Balloon Fighter. Also, I'd add takamaru as a nod to nintendo land.
Monty Mole would be another unique choice, and although not super important, it would beat having another pokemon of the week.
Sheriff would be a good choice too for an oddball out-of-nowhere character ala game and watch.
Nester could be another choice.
How about a third Kid icarus character? Palutena seems in for sure, but why not Medusa?
King K. Rool while not too retro (although slowly becoming retro) is another great choice. More villains are needed anyways.
Mike from Star Tropics, Nitnen from Mother 1, Geno, Sukapon, Lip. The point is I could list another 100 characters who would are more important than frogger. We don't need another jigglypuff in the roster, and comparing frogger to jigglypuff is an insult to jigglypuff because at least jigglypuff was important in the first couple years pokemon was being promoted and was relevant in the anime.

Bubbles would be a good assist trophy, and urban champion can go die (although he technically is more important to nintendo's history than a random frog pokemon). Pretty much anything that's somewhat relevant would be a better choice than a pokemon that is destined to become the next jigglypuff. And what I mean by that is that he won't get cut in future games

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

Retro_on_theGo

Squid wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Mine01 wrote:

Pokemon from x and y.

Greninja

Melee.

Melee did, actually. Pichu is 2nd Gen, and Pokemon was only up to 2nd Gen by the time Melee came out.

I just had to check that. Wow. I stand corrected! I thought for sure Hoen was already established when Melee came out. My bad.

LzWinky

Squid wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Mine01 wrote:

Pokemon from x and y.

Greninja

Melee.

AHA! So I wasn't going crazy....this time

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

camerica1618 wrote:

I'm truly shocked that some people are actually disappointed with this Direct.

For me, the direct was great for the first 35 minutes. The end was awful though. Worst character since pichu was created along with a confirmation that the pokemon trainer, squirtle, and ivysaur are very likely gone from the smash universe.

SparkOfSpirit

The only retro characters left I would care for would be Takamaru or Mike Jones and I doubt either would make it in.

I hope Sakurai was visiting Platinum so long ago to get Wonder Red in the game. He would be a perfect fit.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

PanicPuppet

My personal, simplified list of what I thought:

The Good:
-Zero Suit Samus is separate from regular Samus
-The 3DS version is coming this summer
-"For Fun" or "For Glory" online play is a HUGE plus
-"Smash Run" looks like a fun, addictive way of playing against online opponents
-Costumes are being hinted at after Little Mac's wireframe skin

The Bad:
-Dark Samus is neglected to an assist trophy
-Still no awesome Captain Falcon reveal
-Zero Suit Samus is basically being "counted" as another Metriod rep. at this point
-Samurai Goroh is once again an assist trophy

The Unknown:
-Was that really Ridley being teased at the Pyroshere? I think Sakurai's hiding something...

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

hylianhalcyon

Overall I thought it was a pretty good presentation. Had lots of nice footage. But one thing I don't like with the online competitive mode is that the only available stage is Final Destination. Competitive smash has never limited itself to only Final Destination. Battlefield, and really any stage that doesn't move and have cheap gimmicks is played on, and should be available in the online mode. Some characters really benefit from having platforms to work with, and some benefit from the flatness of FD. That was probably my biggest gripe.

Barring that, I think the most intriguing reveal to me was the move set swapping.

Edited on by hylianhalcyon

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

Rezalack

@2Sang Although I like some of your choices, I don't see how any of them are more important than Greninja. I'm going to go ahead and state that I did pick Froakie as a starter in Y, but I didn't know who he'd evolve into and with that being said, I was SLIGHTLY disappointed with the appearance of Greninja, despite him being the best of the starters final evolutions. Now that I've got that out of the way, I said before that I think Frogger depicts and represents more than just Pokemon, he is a fighter type, a Ninja in fact and that isn't a common fighting class in SSB. He can bring something new to the table. I understand that people want other retro characters brought into the fold, but they just wouldn't have the impact that Greninja had.. heck, not even the surprise factor. I was seriously shocked to see him and I was actually somewhat disappointed, but now I find myself defending him after I gave it some thought and realized how relevant he is and what he actually brings to the game.. That's not to say I wouldn't trade him for Geno.. that would just be unreal.

As far as some of the others you mentioned, I don't even know who half of the more obscure ones are. I wouldn't mind seeing more KI representatives or K. Rool for that matter. They would be much better options than some names being thrown around. Someone said a page or two ago that Mario has more reps than Pokemon does, so I don't I really see the issue with more Pokemon, especially when they embody a fighting class/style all their own... and IMO much more personality than some other Nintendo IP characters.

...Doduo would have been downright histerical though, I would main him.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

WesCash

hylianhalcyon wrote:

But one thing I don't like with the online competitive mode is that the only available stage is Final Destination. Competitive smash has never limited itself to only Final Destination.

It's funny that Nintendo thinks this is the best stage for competitive play. It has some major issues.
I personally believe that Smashville has been the best competitive stage so far.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic