Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,541 to 6,560 of 27,917

LzWinky

2Sang wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'm actually glad transformations are gone

Same here.

I'm indifferent. I guess it's a good thing overall, but if a character like ZSS or Sheik is going to take a spot of someone more deserving, that could be bad.

At the same time, we don't know how many spots are available. It's not like either one required a lot of programming

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Snagrio

2Sang wrote:

Why not pick doduo?

Don't you even dare...

Also, Olimar got horrendously nerfed. Only 3 Pikmin at a time? Yikes...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Shirma_Akayaku

As Sakurai said: "Please keep in mind though, that the games are still under development, so anything in the game footage you're about to see could change."

Oh and he means it. I spotted Rosalina's legs outside of her dress. I guess this means no Rosalina panties in HD! XD

Untitled
HOLY CRAP. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

MrWalkieTalkie

I really don't like some of the comments I've read on the release dates for the 2 versions. I mean, yeah it's a bit of a bummer that the Wii U version is coming later but I don't see why people insist on cursing out the Wii U and how they're "never gonna need to buy it now" and how "IT'S COMPLETELY USELESS!"

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

LzWinky

WingedSnagret wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Why not pick doduo?

Don't you even dare...

Not really. His recovery is a LOT better in this game

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SparkOfSpirit

Unca_Lz wrote:

2Sang wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'm actually glad transformations are gone

Same here.

I'm indifferent. I guess it's a good thing overall, but if a character like ZSS or Sheik is going to take a spot of someone more deserving, that could be bad.

At the same time, we don't know how many spots are available. It's not like either one required a lot of programming

I agree with this. There's no way either of them took much, if any, time away from other characters.

Besides, the way the roster is growing it's going to be the biggest roster without question.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

MegaStoneSmash91

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I really don't like some of the comments I've read on the release dates for the 2 versions. I mean, yeah it's a bit of a bummer that the Wii U version is coming later but I don't see why people insist on cursing out the Wii U and how they're "never gonna need to buy it now" and how "IT'S COMPLETELY USELESS!"

Agreed. Each version will have it's own interesting features, not to mention completely different stages. Getting both versions is looking more viable than ever. I knew I was getting both as soon as I knew they existed. Also, the Direct was a complete joy to watch.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

2Sang

WingedSnagret wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Why not pick doduo?

Don't you even dare...

come at me brodrio
And to anyone who says mewtwo is a clone of lucario obviously didn't play melee.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

That shot of Samurai Goroh returning as an assist is a big hint at Captain Falcon returning.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

2Sang

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Agreed. Each version will have it's own interesting features, not to mention completely different stages. Getting both versions is looking more viable than ever. I knew I was getting both as soon as I knew they existed. Also, the Direct was a complete joy to watch.

Well being someone who doesn't own a wii u, I'm going to say that it's stopping me from buying one (along with games like pikmin 3, w101, and X) until at the very least November, and I'm sure others are going to wait until then. Also, if the wii u doesn't offer something completely new, most people who own the 3ds version will probably not buy a wii u just for an upscaled version of smash.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Uncle_Franklin

So Smash Bros. now has a water and fire starter Pokemon in the roster, if there were to be a grass Pokemon from the starters, which from all the generations would you like to see?

Uncle_Franklin

FriedSquid

ChoppedLiver wrote:

So Smash Bros. now has a water and fire starter Pokemon in the roster, if there were to be a grass Pokemon from the starters, which from all the generations would you like to see?

I think the only one that would work is Sceptile. They could use Chesnaught, too, but we've already got Greninja as a 6th Gen starter. Otherwise I think Venusaur, Meganium, and Torterra would not work well, as they're all four-legged and would be too large/slow. Serperior would be even worse. But I don't think we need a Grass-type starter playable anyways.

Also @2Sang, I would relax a bit. Pokemon Trainer is basically deconfirmed, so we know he won't take a spot. With the character cap possibly at 5 per series (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina), Mewtwo could still be playable. The only reason I would be angry is if Jigglypuff still gets in and would take "Mewtwo's spot". In my opinion, Jigglypuff is just as irrelevant as Greninja, if not less so, besides being in the original 12. At least Greninja has an interesting moveset.

Regardless, I think Greninja looks like a pretty fun character!

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Rezalack

ChoppedLiver wrote:

My bet would be Sceptile simply because he's the most humanoid one. Who knows though if there will even be a grass type. I think they chose Greninja because he's basically a ninja and does kind of fit the game. If they were to choose a grass type starter I think they'd all be pretty awkward. Just imagine Torterra out there, lol.

Dang, Squid beat me to it.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Eel

Greninja is a nice addition, instead of using the anime to force a popular movie pokemon in, they used a new pokemon, one already popular with competitive pokemon players. And one that fits with the theme of this game perfectly.

As much as I love pokemon, though, five is enough. Because Jigglypuff will return, and there's nothing anyone can do about it

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tobywindgassen

2Sang wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Well being someone who doesn't own a wii u, I'm going to say that it's stopping me from buying one (along with games like pikmin 3, w101, and X) until at the very least November, and I'm sure others are going to wait until then. Also, if the wii u doesn't offer something completely new, most people who own the 3ds version will probably not buy a wii u just for an upscaled version of smash.

there's the possibility of new single-player mode being added that's exclusive to the wiiu, a whole bunch of different stages, probably better control schemes (the 3ds is missing extra shoulder buttons), likely safer online play, whole bunch of interconnectivity. maybe the wiiu version will even be more polished than the 3ds version?

and what about a stage builder? - there could be a stage exclusive to the wiiu version.

Tobywindgassen

FriedSquid

Guys, don't forget that the 3DS version's Smash Run mode has probably only been shown because the 3DS version is much closer to release; I'm sure Sakurai will show off the Wii U version's goodies in due time.

Also...

Untitled

It's practically as if Nintendo knows exactly how Capcom is treating Mega Man, and decides to give every version of him an appearance to make up for it.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Pootypie

Wait what I missed the direct... I posted here when it came out and I didn't see it! Well... Winter for Wii U...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Blast

Squid wrote:

Also...

Untitled

It's practically as if Nintendo knows exactly how Capcom is treating Mega Man, and decides to give every version of him an appearance to make up for it.

Nintendo and Namco are showing more love to Mega Man than freaking Capcom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MrWalkieTalkie

I found it interesting that Waluigi's franchise emblem has changed from the Mario series to the Wario series despite never showing up in either Wario Land or WarioWare
Untitled

Also, found it kinda cool that Balloon Fight get's it's own emblem! Kind get's my hopes up for Balloon Fighter. Of course I won't be holding my breath though...
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic