Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,861 to 5,880 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

To further add to the point that Phosphora could be an assist trophy, she is a character from a handheld game and yet she has a trophy in the version that's mostly about console games. If she is a cross-platform assist trophy, that would be a good reason why she would be a handheld character exception.

Hmm, good point, but do we know if all of the trophies are exclusive to the console that their games are associated with, or if it is most of them? If so Sakurai might be giving us more hints than i thought.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

19Robb92

Jazzer94 wrote:

didn't happen then.

They did. And the reason is that they're all iconic characters with a huge amount history in gaming. MH has no characters and not much history.

Tsuchinoko wrote:

That was my point. And it does make some sense since Capcom is working on the game.

Capcom isn't working on SSB, if that's what you meant.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Blast

DreamyViridi wrote:

Ah, OK. Here's the Miiverse Post...
Untitled
"Pic of the day. The most powerful commander of the Forces of Nature, Lightning Flash Phosphora!!"

Untitled
"...is a Trophy. The detail in her scarf is amazing."

Ohmygawd... she looks good. Mario Kart 8 is still the prettiest Wii U game I've seen but man... this game comes a close second.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shirma_Akayaku

Blast wrote:

Ohmygawd... she looks good. Mario Kart 8 is still the prettiest Wii U game I've seen but man... this game comes a close second.

Same here. Mario Kart 8 looks super, sexy smooth with stunning visuals. It makes me wonder it the SSB4 models are gonna be more smoother looking...

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Dark-Luigi

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

cookiex wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I really like Wario's biker outfit, but I agree that Wario Land should get more representation.

Maybe a nod to Wario Land: Shake It - one of Wii's more under-appreciated titles - while they're at it? Untitled

Oh, that could make a good grab attack. He can just shake an opponent like crazy!

That'd be awesome!

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Snagrio

I know Directs with newcomers are (so far) bi-monthly, but I can't help but get the feeling we'll see a Direct next week. With the end of the fiscal year, and the fact that there hasn't been a character announcement for March whatsoever, things seem to be adding up.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Donalp15

WingedSnagret wrote:

I know Directs with newcomers are (so far) bi-monthly, but I can't help but get the feeling we'll see a Direct next week. With the end of the fiscal year, and the fact that there hasn't been a character announcement for March whatsoever, things seem to be adding up.

I kinda of agree with you, the lack of any veteran this month so far is suspicious, maybe there will be something more interesting in store for march.
Maybe that is it, or maybe they only plan to show the starter characters, (with a few exceptions), and need to space them out a bit.
Still with a lot a previously starter characters waiting, and the release edging nearer, I cannot explain March's character drought.

FC 0516 7736 7877

Blast

Rosalina wrote:

Blast wrote:

Same here. Mario Kart 8 looks super, sexy smooth with stunning visuals. It makes me wonder it the SSB4 models are gonna be more smoother looking...

Hmm.. I think SSB4 is gonna be a pretty game, too. I plan on playing with the Gamepad. Off-tv play is awesome

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

1) I see no reason to think we'll get a character this month, though I am kinda hoping for a Direct with a dual reveal like Wario and Palutena or something like that. I still don't see any reason to just assume that we'll even get a character, this month.

2) @Donalp15 What makes you think we don't already have all the starter characters? Maybe all the unannounced veterans are unlockable, this time around. Maybe Mewtwo /is/ in this game. Maybe they've added ten other characters. We really have no idea. Patterns mean nothing. This is Sakurai, we're talking about. He can change anything he likes and do whatever he wants, and he has a tendency to try and make things as unpredictable as possible.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

linkismyhero

When was Earthbound released? Or F-Zero? Cuz I can see Ness or Captain Falcon being revealed soon.

P.S. To the person who said Villager can grab pretty much anything that's not a character, G&W could catch things, but he used them as oil.

Goomba for SSB4

I wanna see Kirby's Wii Fit Trainer form so bad.

Snagrio

@UGXwolf Um, we've gotten at least one character per month since June, so yes, it would in fact be highly unusual if there isn't one this month.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

camerica1618

Wow @UGXwolf it really doesn't take much to get you excited for this game huh?

When we go this long without any real significant news I think most of us kinda lose hype. If there isn't a character reveal or some other cool announcement next week (considering its the last week of the month) I will be severely disappointed and it'll take something big to get me excited again.

Actually, thinking about the lack of significant Nintendo news in the past couple weeks makes me think that Nintendo has a big direct with some big surprises coming up. Lets hope that's not just wishful thinking.

camerica1618

2Sang

I totally agree with the previous 2 posts on the page before, but don't blame sakurai. games like DKCTF keep getting postponed, so diddy may have been planned in december or january. Probably he wanted to reveal a new character, but with no direct, there's no point in posting the video on the website, it just wouldn't be the same.

Edited on by 2Sang

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

2Sang

linkismyhero wrote:

When was Earthbound released? Or F-Zero? Cuz I can see Ness or Captain Falcon being revealed soon.

P.S. To the person who said Villager can grab pretty much anything that's not a character, G&W could catch things, but he used them as oil.

earthbound was released in june 1995
F-Zero was released in 1991 but can't remember which month.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Yeah all of the Mother games were summer releases, except for Mother 3, which was in April, as was Fire Emblem awakening. The original Fire Emblem came out March 31.
The Star Fox anniversaries already past, for the original at least, as has the anniversary for Ice Climber. The original f-zero was released in japan in November

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Donalp15

UGXwolf wrote:

1) I see no reason to think we'll get a character this month, though I am kinda hoping for a Direct with a dual reveal like Wario and Palutena or something like that. I still don't see any reason to just assume that we'll even get a character, this month.

2) @Donalp15 What makes you think we don't already have all the starter characters? Maybe all the unannounced veterans are unlockable, this time around. Maybe Mewtwo /is/ in this game. Maybe they've added ten other characters. We really have no idea. Patterns mean nothing. This is Sakurai, we're talking about. He can change anything he likes and do whatever he wants, and he has a tendency to try and make things as unpredictable as possible.

1.We have at least one character every month, so why not now.
2.Obviously I don't, but if we have seen all the starter characters, and no more planned to be shown, would they not have been spaced out a bit more?

FC 0516 7736 7877

UGXwolf

Donalp15 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

1.We have at least one character every month, so why not now.
2.Obviously I don't, but if we have seen all the starter characters, and no more planned to be shown, would they not have been spaced out a bit more?

You skipped around my point shamelessly, sir.

1. It's not a question of why not. I never said we wouldn't. I said we have no reason to assume we will. Sakurai will reveal these as he pleases, and any patterns you notice will often be broken soon. It also annoys me greatly when people refer to 1 repeat or even half a repeat as a patter. Two numbers does not a pattern make, and three does not an alternating pattern make. See what I mean? People stating that we get a newcomer every other month is illogical because we've only gotten two newcomers since December.

2. I wasn't saying we were done. I was simply stating that we don't know how many characters are left in either camp. Sakurai could pull a total curve ball on us, and we'd never see it coming.

If you place your faith in patterns, you'll find yourself soon disappointed.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Donalp15

I see no reason to assume we won't see a character reveal this month, and there has been a pattern. Ever since the reveal of Olimar there has been at least one character reveal. Sometimes more, but always at least one. That is eight months worth of pattern, not one or two as you say.
Also my newcomer comment was more of a vain hope, i don't see anything coming from it.
My guess, someone random like CF or Ness.

FC 0516 7736 7877

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic