Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 27,917

shinpichu

I really hope that Dixie and Diddy don't end up paired together.....Diddy worked just fine in Brawl, he doesn't need a gimmick foisted on him.

If you want a team-up, I'd say do Dixie and Kiddy.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Shirma_Akayaku

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Very interesting, and in two different ways no less! For one, what is Peach doing there? This must be why Sakurai specifically mentioned that her moves might change, as this looks like an entirely new move. Rainbows have never been part of her moveset before.

AnActualDash wrote:

Hell yes! Rainbow Power!

Dark-Luigi wrote:

I love Peach's new rainbow move. :3

Orngeblu wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...and the day the new Nintendo Direct airs! It will stream in Japan at 7 AM so it's going to be a very early morning for us...!"

o.o Woah, that looks cool, it doesn't look anything like her other moves, doesn't seem like a taunt, yay, new moves!

UGXwolf wrote:

On the topic of Peach's new move (or so it appears to be), could this mean she's drawing more inspiration from Super Princess Peach? I seem to recall rainbows were in her emotion set, somewhere.

Upon further inspection, Peach DOES NOT have a new Up-Tilt. In fact she is holding/using an item. To get a closer look, right-click the image an open it in a new tab. ALSO, we already know she retains the Up-Tilt from Brawl.
Untitled
Untitled
New move debunked.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

shinpichu wrote:

I really hope that Dixie and Diddy don't end up paired together.....Diddy worked just fine in Brawl, he doesn't need a gimmick foisted on him.

If you want a team-up, I'd say do Dixie and Kiddy.

Except no one remembers Kiddy, unless they started with DKC3. Kiddy is also completely irrelevant to the series, at this point. He was in two games, over 15 years ago. You could argue that since Chunky was related to Kiddy, that he was relevant to DK64, but that's still three generations ago. Dixie Kong, however, is contemporary to the series. And before anyone argues King K. Rool, he was always the villain, in past games. He even got invited to all the DK party-type games. He's still relevant to the series, although he IS losing relevance.

And besides, you're complaining about Diddy, who worked just fine before, and will work just the same, even if paired with Dixie. It's essentially two different move sets. Where's the problem? I really don't see it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Caryslan

UGXwolf wrote:

Toad160 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I don't know how I'd feel if Diddy & Dixie were paired as 1 fighter. I loved using Diddy in Brawl, and the thought of such a drastic change as giving him a partner like the Ice Climbers makes me feel sorta uneasy...

It's more like Zelda/Sheik in function, I assume. You could always just use Diddy and ignore Dixie, if you wanted to.
The only loss would be his bananas.

How would this even work? For Zelda/Sheik there is a magic change, and Pokemon Trainer changes Pokeballs, but if down B were to be a change from Diddy to Dixie, what kind of mechanic could they use? I guess they could use barrels, but it would be kind of awkward in my opinion.

Also, does anyone think it might be possible to announce both Diddy and Dixie as separate players in the Nintendo Direct? I don't know the likeliness of it, but it is certainly doable.

Have you ever played DKC? The SNES trilogy, I mean. They'd both be on the stage, but only one would be able to act at a time. Arguably, this could lead to the partner being vulnerable and losing them would lose your character change advantage. Alternatively, they could use the banana teleport from DK64 to handle it, if they don't want both on the stage at the same time.

I honestly don't understand the opposition to this. You're gaining a whole new character with a better horizontal recovery, and all you're losing is Diddy's banana attack, which might not even be functional, in this game, anyways. Diddy's recovery could become more vertical. Diddy may be sped up while Dixie could use her hair for range. There's plenty of good reasons for this pairing. It just seems odd to me that people are so apprehensive about this.

Diddy losing his Bananas would be a huge nerf that would really hurt him in the long run. Diddy's success in Brawl is largely due to his nanner game, which if played properly, can give him total control over a stage, and can even shut down or hinder some characters outright would play better on the ground. Losing that would be a nerf Diddy pretty badly.

I would say if he had to lose any move due to being in a team with Dixie, make it his Peanut Popgun. I never really saw much use for that move

Caryslan

DreamyViridi

@Rosalina - I'm probably just blind but I can't see the item Peach is supposedly holding. It could still be a new Up-Smash if it's not her Up-Tilt.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

@Rosalina I'm not seeing a hold item, there. And just because we've seen an up-tilt before doesn't mean it's still there. The movesets can change. Bear in mind that this game isn't out yet, and all character move sets are subject to chance as Sakurai sees fit.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's not a hold item. I only said I don't /see/ it. Even so, I only see that the Super Princess Peach influence may be bigger than I thought.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shinpichu

UGXwolf wrote:

And besides, you're complaining about Diddy, who worked just fine before, and will work just the same, even if paired with Dixie. It's essentially two different move sets. Where's the problem? I really don't see it.

Except he WON'T work the same. He'd lose one of his moves, unless Sakurai added some new way to switch characters, which I doubt he has.

I'll concede your point on Kiddy, it's a bit of an out their choice. In that case, I'd rather we got solo Dixie(or no Dixie).

Toad160

UGXwolf wrote:

Toad160 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I don't know how I'd feel if Diddy & Dixie were paired as 1 fighter. I loved using Diddy in Brawl, and the thought of such a drastic change as giving him a partner like the Ice Climbers makes me feel sorta uneasy...

It's more like Zelda/Sheik in function, I assume. You could always just use Diddy and ignore Dixie, if you wanted to.
The only loss would be his bananas.

How would this even work? For Zelda/Sheik there is a magic change, and Pokemon Trainer changes Pokeballs, but if down B were to be a change from Diddy to Dixie, what kind of mechanic could they use? I guess they could use barrels, but it would be kind of awkward in my opinion.

Also, does anyone think it might be possible to announce both Diddy and Dixie as separate players in the Nintendo Direct? I don't know the likeliness of it, but it is certainly doable.

Have you ever played DKC? The SNES trilogy, I mean. They'd both be on the stage, but only one would be able to act at a time. Arguably, this could lead to the partner being vulnerable and losing them would lose your character change advantage. Alternatively, they could use the banana teleport from DK64 to handle it, if they don't want both on the stage at the same time.

I honestly don't understand the opposition to this. You're gaining a whole new character with a better horizontal recovery, and all you're losing is Diddy's banana attack, which might not even be functional, in this game, anyways. Diddy's recovery could become more vertical. Diddy may be sped up while Dixie could use her hair for range. There's plenty of good reasons for this pairing. It just seems odd to me that people are so apprehensive about this.

So both of them on stage at the same time is the way you see it? Why not just make it into two separate characters? And the Banana Teleport could work, I suppose, but again I think it would be awkward. Making them two individual characters would bring more diversity to both of them, plus we can (hopefully) get a more comprehensive move set for Dixie this way. In some regard, too, I think pairing too many characters together will take away the specialness of the Ice Climbers. I am just saying I would rather see two different characters. Also, what would they list it on the website as (newcomer vs. veteran)? They would label them as a newcomer, of course, but I'm just saying it would be kind of awkward because of the whole Diddy is a veteran and Dixie is a newcomer thing.

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

Shirma_Akayaku

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Rosalina - I'm probably just blind but I can't see the item Peach is supposedly holding. It could still be a new Up-Smash if it's not her Up-Tilt.

UGXwolf wrote:

@Rosalina I'm not seeing a hold item, there. And just because we've seen an up-tilt before doesn't mean it's still there. The movesets can change. Bear in mind that this game isn't out yet, and all character move sets are subject to chance as Sakurai sees fit.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's not a hold item. I only said I don't /see/ it. Even so, I only see that the Super Princess Peach influence may be bigger than I thought.

I can clearly see some sort of item. If you look along the yellow portion of the rainbow, you can see two little shapes sticking out. To me, it looks like it has a 'Y' shape to it (with it being covered by the flash). I doubt it's a new move, even if the movesets are subject to change. I'm gonna stick with my claim until then.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

Masahiro Sakurai is still hurting from his arm injury. In this week's issue of Famitsu, Sakurai revealed that the condition affecting his right arm is now affecting his left, probably from working so hard on the Super Smash Bros. games.

“The tendon sheath inflammation symptoms in my left forearm are especially hard to deal with. I’ve been moving the controller as gently as possible. And losing at Smash Bros….”

http://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-on-why-japanes...

Poor man, I feel bad for him.

Poor guy. I really hope he takes a very long vacation after this before his arms fall off.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Toad160

DestinyMan wrote:

@Toad160: But as I stated before, Dixie wouldn't bring much to the table as a standalone fighter. She's very similar to Diddy, and I don't think her ponytail and gumball popgun would be enough.

As we all know, smash fighters have been assigned moves that make them unique without actually being apart of their canon move set. Dixie Kong can have some moves that tie her to her roots, like the two you mentioned, but she can always obtain some unique moves.

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

SomeBitTripFan

@Rosalina: It looks more like islands floating in the distance to me, but who knows what Sakurai has up his sleeve (other than an injured arm, poor Sakurai).

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

shinpichu

Actually, I think Dixie being similar to Diddy works against the diea of a tag-team. Unless you were pairing the two IC-style, for a tag team wouldn't you want characters who are distinct from each other, so that you have a reason to switch between the two?

Shirma_Akayaku

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

@Rosalina: It looks more like islands floating in the distance to me, but who knows what Sakurai has up his sleeve (other than an injured arm, poor Sakurai).

Now this I can agree with. It's entirely possible it's the background making it look like an item (although it looks really close to the camera). Honestly, my first reaction was that they were replacing her Up-Tilt (so much hype), but since I had the balls to say otherwise (and say it's an item), I feel it's too late to back away from that idea.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Wheeler

DestinyMan wrote:

Masahiro Sakurai is still hurting from his arm injury. In this week's issue of Famitsu, Sakurai revealed that the condition affecting his right arm is now affecting his left, probably from working so hard on the Super Smash Bros. games.

“The tendon sheath inflammation symptoms in my left forearm are especially hard to deal with. I’ve been moving the controller as gently as possible. And losing at Smash Bros….”

Sakurai working as hard as hell and you have so called "fans" whining about the game. No appreciating for Sakurai.

Wheeler

SheldonRandoms

Sakurai should take the longest of vacations with extra pay when he's wrapped up with the game.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

shinpichu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Sakurai working as hard as hell and you have so called "fans" whining about the game. No appreciating for Sakurai.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Yes, I feel sorry for the man, and it's admirable how much he loves his work and how dedicated he is to making this game as good as it can be, but I'll still criticize the game if I see something about it that I don't like.

Unless you're talking about the people who whine about stuff like no Goku in Smash. In tha case, yeah, **** those people.

Edit: I hope Sakurai is able/willing to retire from his position after this game. It's not good for his health for him to do this.

Edited on by shinpichu

DefHalan

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Sakurai should take the longest of vacations with extra pay when he's wrapped up with the game.

Yea, he should take some time off while his team starts work on Kid Iccaus Uprising 2 for Wii U. Those HD graphics are going to take awhile so gameplay tweaks can wait until he is all healed up lol jk

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SheldonRandoms

@DefHalan Not Uprising 2, but Uprisings

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic