Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,701 to 4,720 of 27,917

Budda
So we need some imagination at the next Direct? OKAY, I'm ready!

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Snagrio

Where's @SheldonRandoms when you need him?!

But yeah, unless it is a Diddy/Dixie duo, I'm hoping for a newcomer.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Romeo

when they finally introduce Yoshi as a playable character... i hope it'll be without Baby Mario..
man.. i like Yoshi, such an awesome character.. i have absolutely no interest in playing a weird yoshi-baby mario mix

Romeo

cookiex

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Romeo

well.. seeing how nes has his own baseball bat.. the redesign was probably a smart choice

Romeo

Rezalack

DestinyMan wrote:

So I guess there's no Diddy today. That would open it up to a possible newcomer for today's Direct.

EDIT: I doubt it, but what if Diddy and Dixie were announced as a pair, and Dixie is the one holding Diddy back from being confirmed early?

This is the only way I'd accept the announcement of Dixie Kong. She's just uninteresting and would be a waste of a character space otherwise. That's obviously my opinion though.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Pazzo-TheFool

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

I'm Impressed.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...and the day the new Nintendo Direct airs! It will stream in Japan at 7 AM so it's going to be a very early morning for us...!"

o.o Woah, that looks cool, it doesn't look anything like her other moves, doesn't seem like a taunt, yay, new moves!

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Nice to see Smash Bros has come a long way since the first.

Wheeler

UGXwolf

On the topic of Peach's new move (or so it appears to be), could this mean she's drawing more inspiration from Super Princess Peach? I seem to recall rainbows were in her emotion set, somewhere.

As to the Direct, I honestly really hope for a Diddy/Dixie DKC2-style pair. I would absolutely love this. I mean, Diddy's down-B is a banana, anyways, which looks like it might not even be useful, anymore, so he'd be missing absolutely nothing while Dixie could bring a bit of range to his moveset.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Snagrio

UGXwolf wrote:

On the topic of Peach's new move (or so it appears to be), could this mean she's drawing more inspiration from Super Princess Peach?

Nope, Sakurai is a Spongebob fan.

Snagrio

Heartful

I am quite excited about the picture hinting a new move set for Peach. I just hope she isn't the only character to have tweaks on her moves. Ganondorf is in need of a desperate change of moves.

Heartful

Snagrio

Guys, the official Smash account for YouTube is down... And the challenger approaching banner on the main website is down...

Newcomer is inevitable!

Snagrio

MrWalkieTalkie

I don't know how I'd feel if Diddy & Dixie were paired as 1 fighter. I loved using Diddy in Brawl, and the thought of such a drastic change as giving him a partner like the Ice Climbers makes me feel sorta uneasy...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

UGXwolf

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I don't know how I'd feel if Diddy & Dixie were paired as 1 fighter. I loved using Diddy in Brawl, and the thought of such a drastic change as giving him a partner like the Ice Climbers makes me feel sorta uneasy...

It's more like Zelda/Sheik in function, I assume. You could always just use Diddy and ignore Dixie, if you wanted to.
The only loss would be his bananas.

Orngeblu

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Yeah, I hope that doesn't happen. :I

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Toad160

UGXwolf wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

It's more like Zelda/Sheik in function, I assume. You could always just use Diddy and ignore Dixie, if you wanted to.

How would this even work? For Zelda/Sheik there is a magic change, and Pokemon Trainer changes Pokeballs, but if down B were to be a change from Diddy to Dixie, what kind of mechanic could they use? I guess they could use barrels, but it would be kind of awkward in my opinion.

Also, does anyone think it might be possible to announce both Diddy and Dixie as separate players in the Nintendo Direct? I don't know the likeliness of it, but it is certainly doable.

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

UGXwolf

Toad160 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

How would this even work? For Zelda/Sheik there is a magic change, and Pokemon Trainer changes Pokeballs, but if down B were to be a change from Diddy to Dixie, what kind of mechanic could they use? I guess they could use barrels, but it would be kind of awkward in my opinion.

Also, does anyone think it might be possible to announce both Diddy and Dixie as separate players in the Nintendo Direct? I don't know the likeliness of it, but it is certainly doable.

Have you ever played DKC? The SNES trilogy, I mean. They'd both be on the stage, but only one would be able to act at a time. Arguably, this could lead to the partner being vulnerable and losing them would lose your character change advantage. Alternatively, they could use the banana teleport from DK64 to handle it, if they don't want both on the stage at the same time.

I honestly don't understand the opposition to this. You're gaining a whole new character with a better horizontal recovery, and all you're losing is Diddy's banana attack, which might not even be functional, in this game, anyways. Diddy's recovery could become more vertical. Diddy may be sped up while Dixie could use her hair for range. There's plenty of good reasons for this pairing. It just seems odd to me that people are so apprehensive about this.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic