Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,321 to 4,340 of 27,917

Caryslan

By the way, I really hope they improved Double Team in this game. It was useless in Brawl, and was pretty much unsafe as a counter to anything. I also hope they gave him some help when it comes to edgehoggers. That was one of his major weaknesses in Brawl.

Caryslan

Hunter-D

The force is now stronger in this one.

Hunter-D

UGXwolf

Actually, come to think of it, this lends a bit of credit to the TRANSLATOR leak. If Mewtwo gets confirmed, at some point, that'll be one of the more unbelievable aspects of the rumor turning out to come true: that Mewtwo and Lucario would both be put in the game and manage to not be clones of each other.

I still don't believe that leak, of course. If for no other reason than I really, really, REALLY don't want Pac-man playable in this game, when Namco has so many better characters to choose from (like Klonoa or Lloyd). I also would prefer Ridley remain just a boss (playable boss would be cool, though), but that hardly bothers me at all.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FriedSquid

Pit-Stain wrote:

Is it me or did his aura bomb gain more size. O.O

Sakurai did say that there would be a greater influence on aura from damage taken, so it's very likely.

I guess I'm a little disappointed to not see a new Pokemon or a Mewtwo return, but I suppose it's not all bad. At least he looks good in HD, for some reason in Brawl I thought Lucario looked strange... seems like they went for a much more textured and realistic version of him there, I didn't really like it. I just hope he gets improved, I hate playing as him since he's so slow. And I really hope his Final Smash will be Mega Lucario! I never liked Aura Storm. That perhaps can increase his speed and his aura attacks would all have a lot of power regardless of his damage percentage.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Caryslan

UGXwolf wrote:

Actually, come to think of it, this lends a bit of credit to the TRANSLATOR leak. If Mewtwo gets confirmed, at some point, that'll be one of the more unbelievable aspects of the rumor turning out to come true: that Mewtwo and Lucario would both be put in the game and manage to not be clones of each other.

I still don't believe that leak, of course. If for no other reason than I really, really, REALLY don't want Pac-man playable in this game, when Namco has so many better characters to choose from (like Klonoa or Lloyd). I also would prefer Ridley remain just a boss (playable boss would be cool, though), but that hardly bothers me at all.

Just wondering, was Ike listed in the leak?

Caryslan

PaperLucario

No Joke, the millisecond I saw Lucario on the website, I squealed like a little girl and declared to every person I regularly play with, "PREPARE. THY. ANUS!".

Edited on by PaperLucario

PaperLucario

MegaStoneSmash91

I honestly had my doubts about Lucario returning, but it wasn't entirely unlikely. Nevertheless, it's good to she him once again, and looking better than ever of course! I wouldn't have put Lucario on the list for guaranteed returns, but he was definitely in the "maybe" department. I Wonder how many more characters will make it back from Brawl? I do still hope Mewtwo makes it back as well.

Lucario will most likely be a hidden character, which doesn't help the "secret characters aren't revealed" theory. There's no way all the announced characters so far will be there from the start. Some, including unannounced ones, have been around long enough for them to be starter characters. Just how many does Sakurai plan to keep truly hidden? It has to be a least some, I would think.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pootypie

I expected Lucario to join the battle

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

@Caryslan The translator leak is in this thread, on page 236... or was is 237? Somewhere around there, anyways. For Fire Emblem, it says something like:

Chrom is the new Fire Emblem character. He will NOT be replacing Ike. Marth, Ike, and Roy are the Fire Emblem characters.

It also says that Chrom will be revealed on the anniversary of the first FE game, so that'll be April 20th. If we get a Chrom and a Mewtwo reveal, I'll be painfully certain that this person is mostly, if not entirely, correct. And then I'll groan painfully, when they announce Pac-Man. >.<

Pootypie

I expected that Lucario is going to be added.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Randomname19

Lucario Again,seriously?!There are thousands of Pokèmon and we get the same ones?As If Pikachu and Jigglypuff returning twice wasn't enough.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

UGXwolf

Randomname19 wrote:

Lucario Again,seriously?!There are thousands of Pokèmon and we get the same ones?As If Pikachu and Jigglypuff returning twice wasn't enough.

Yes, because the purpose of the game is to show off as many different Poke'mon as possible, instead of adding the ICONIC ones (you know, like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, and Squirtle.) Maybe, if you're lucky, Blaziken will be playable, since we are getting a 3rd gen remake, soon, and Blaziken is definitely iconic, in some way. If not, well maybe it'll be an assist trophy, rather than just a random Poke'mon in a Poke'ball.

Randomname19

UGXwolf wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

Yes, because the purpose of the game is to show off as many different Poke'mon as possible, instead of adding the ICONIC ones (you know, like Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, and Squirtle.) Maybe, if you're lucky, Blaziken will be playable, since we are getting a 3rd gen remake, soon, and Blaziken is definitely iconic, in some way. If not, well maybe it'll be an assist trophy, rather than just a random Poke'mon in a Poke'ball.

I'm not asking for more Pokèmons, I'm saying that a Pokèmon that has already been in a smash bros once should be replaced by another one
Sakurai should have replaced Lucario with Zoroark.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

2Sang

Sakura's obviously going to keep most of the new characters secret. He's probably trying to make unlocking characters for the first time more special.
What he doesn't get though is s that the internet will spoil all the new characters before the game gets released, just like when brawl came out we already knew lucario, ness, and jiggly were in and mewtwo was out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

19Robb92

Had to make one ;
Untitled

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Budda

To be honest.. I'm glad that Lucario is back!
He really needed a boost. I liked Lucario in Brawl, but he was a bit weak for my tastes.
I could see MewTwo still returning, but if you ask me, I hope they will use another pokemon instead (excluding Zoroark).

By the way. If we are looking at the 2nd comment from Sakurai.. It seems like they planed to cut Lucario.. So.. That means there IS a new Pokemon! No doubt. :3

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Bigtime

Hmm, hopefully this doesn't effect Mewtwos return.

I thought for sure Toon Link and Lucario would be cut, maybe there won't be any this time.

Apart from Snake.

Edited on by Bigtime

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Romeo

i want mewtwo..
and mew... ^^

Romeo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic