Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,641 to 3,660 of 27,917

DreamyViridi

Orngeblu wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

From the times I played with him, he played for the lols than that 'tier' rubbish.

Are you implying the competitive scene players play their characters because of the tier list? I hate using tier list as an example, though. -_- Let's say this: Are you implying competitive scene players play/don't play characters based on how strong or weak they are in the meta game? I hate that mind set, no offense. Correct me if I am wrong, though, elaborate if you can, but please don't ignore the fact that lower tier characters have a lot of weaknesses compared to higher tiers, not that I'm complaining, but it's fact. I hate when people ignore it, too, and say Brawl is balanced...

I've seen a few people do this in this thread already, and I held it in.

Yeah, that's the mind set I hate that some players have. I know not all competitive players go by the tier list but I'm not big on those who blindly follow it as they often treat lower tier smashers like they can't do anything. I don't really mind the tier list itself and I won't deny how low tier characters have more weaknesses, I just don't play attention to the list.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

snip

No problem, just browsing SB and I found it, looked at the date, and it was recent.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

JoyBoy

CaptainCharlie wrote:

@Orngeblu Was there ever any doubt about Captain Falcon returning?

Yes, the doubt is my heart! And I'm still not convinced till I see him show his bo.. uhh moves!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Wheeler

DarkwingLz wrote:

Blast wrote:

@Kawaii_Neko Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes isn't coming to Wii U so no... Snake won't be in the game.

When was the last time a Metal Gear game on a Nintendo platform?

Last year.
Untitled

Wheeler

GamecubeMan

DestinyMan wrote:

It should be interesting to see how Sakurai will handle Meta Knight this time around.

I imagine he will be neffed significantly. Hopefully he decides to scrap all of his unavoidable attacks. I doubt he won't make the cut considering how much of a beloved character he is. If he was not so popular I doubt Sakurai would be so lenient. >_>

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Orngeblu

GamecubeMan wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

It should be interesting to see how Sakurai will handle Meta Knight this time around.

I imagine he will be neffed significantly. Hopefully he decides to scrap all of his unavoidable attacks. I doubt he won't make the cut considering how much of a beloved character he is. If he was not so popular I doubt Sakurai would be so lenient. >_>

Unavoidable? That's a bit over the top. .-. Although his recovery, along with Ike's is almost perfect. There's almost no way to punish it.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendaholic

simply remove meta knight?

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Wheeler

Nintendaholic wrote:

I wanted Toon Link to be removed, but that didn't happen.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Wheeler

Jazzer94 wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Nintendaholic wrote:

But but Toon Links not that bad.

True. He's better than Link (don't deny it). But I still think he shouldn't have return. Could have picked a different Legend of Zelda character, though.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

GamecubeMan

Orngeblu wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Unavoidable? That's a bit over the top. .-. Although his recovery, along with Ike's is almost perfect. There's almost no way to punish it.

There is a reason why Meta Knight is banned from tournaments....

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Nintendaholic wrote:

Hey, my Brawl Toon Link is god like. I haven't played him in a while, but I betcha I still got it in me! >:I zair zair bomb, throw, boomerang zair zair That's my Toon Link in a nut shell. Lots of projectiles and spaced Zairs.

GamecubeMan wrote:

There is a reason why Meta Knight is banned from tournaments....

Ugh, not this again. Meta Knight is not presently banned, he WAS banned, but was unbanned a long time ago. TO's can choose whether to ban a character or not, though, so it's possible there are tournaments out there that do ban Meta Knight, though.

Meta Knight's attacks aren't unavoidable, though, that's not the problem with Meta Knight. It's his attack speed and recovery time of his attacks that's the problem. I think they should reduce his recovery time a bit, and make him somewhat lighter.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

^I gave him a complement.

Wheeler

GamecubeMan

I admit that using the word "unavoidable" was a overstatement. However Meta Knight in his current form is still too OP for a lot of people's taste. Also, as of when was his ban lifted because I was not aware of this @Orngeblue

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

OdnetninAges

The most amazing thing happened to me last night.

I went on Basic Brawl online, and actually got a real match, not some random taunting crap.

And I won.

It was magical.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Shirma_Akayaku

OdnetninAges wrote:

I went on Basic Brawl online, and actually got a real match, not some random taunting crap.

And I won.

It was magical.

I find that hard to believe.... but hey, anything can happen.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

StarFalco

I am very excited for this. Believe it or not I have neve played a Smash Bros.

I plan on purchasing the Wii version shortly and am ready to Learn the ins and outs.

All In The Reflexes

Switch Friend Code: SW-1852-3950-9117 | My Nintendo: StarFalco | Nintendo Network ID: StarFalco | Twitter:

Wheeler

OdnetninAges wrote:

And I won.

It was magical.

Congrats. What was the score?

Wheeler

LyIa

Orngeblu wrote:

zair zair bomb, throw, boomerang zair zair That's my Toon Link in a nut shell. Lots of projectiles and spaced Zairs.

Toon Link's aerial power is ridiculous. It's so easy to punish people with a fast fAir or bAir. His projectile game is the best out of all the characters imo.

all men are kings 👑

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic