Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 27,917

LyIa

Orngeblu wrote:

Oh man, that... I had one of those done on me around the first time I joined the Smash Boards Arena. ._.

Diddy got way higher up the tier list when people found out how to abuse bananas.

all men are kings 👑

LzWinky

He should be banananed from tournaments

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Untitled
Let's hope it won't be as broken as this is. :3

writes Diddy Kong's name on the list of characters who I plan out wiping out first when I see online
He's going down

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jazzer94

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Untitled
Let's hope it won't be as broken as this is. :3

I'm ashamed to admit I used that technique a lot in the past when I played as Diddy Kong.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

Diddy Kong is one of my mains, but I never used the banana technique like that. I don't even use his bananas very much, honestly.

Since he's very likely to return, Sakurai will have to make sure to take that out or seriously downgrade it.

Is it bad that I hope he doesn't even touch it? >_> I'd hate the removal of almost any technique, especially DACUS. (Dash Attack Canceled Up Smash) That would be just downgrading the game even more... I do hope there would be new techniques discovered afterwards then, and I hope to god they won't get patched if they are discovered, so long as it's not waaay too overpowering and brain dead easy to set up. As long as it takes skill to set up.

And, Diddy's Banana's are pretty annoying, then combined with Glide Toss... I don't think that lock is easy to set up, though. I haven't done it myself, so I don't really know how hard it is.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

JoyBoy

Pff, those cheap tricks wouldn't even work on me. I would Falcon Knee Kick him out of the screen before he even tries!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Pootypie

Spanjard wrote:

Pff, those cheap tricks wouldn't even work on me. I would Falcon Knee Kick him out of the screen before he even tries!

complete show off...lol...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Blast

@Orngeblu Well... In that Gif... The guy using Diddy Kong doesn't have any skill. He's just SPAMMING THE SAME MOVE OVER AND OVER. Its CHEAP. IT HAS TO GO.

Master of the Hype Train

Orngeblu

I've actually had moments in Basic Brawl where I would troll the person attacking us (it was a taunt party, and yes, I was into those back then) by going King Dedede, on... I forgot the name of the stage, whatever that Snake stage is, and infinitely Down Throw them at the wall. Now, THAT is something brain dead easy to set up, only on that stage. Other times, I was vs a Marth an he would set up and infinite Down Tilt on me at a wall on the Temple stage... >_> I think I've done one of those too, haha.

Blast wrote:

@Orngeblu Well... In that Gif... The guy using Diddy Kong doesn't have any skill. He's just SPAMMING THE SAME MOVE OVER AND OVER. Its CHEAP. IT HAS TO GO.

You aren't taking into account HOW he has to set it up. The banana's have to be in the right position, and the opponent has to be aligned right with your banana's also, not to mention your Banana has to hit the opponent. It's up to the player to capitalize on the situation. From what I see in the gif, the Diddy Kong was just pulling out a Banana, the ZSS came running up and it fell on her. I don't know if this can be done through a regular banana throw or not, though.

But eh, maybe that one should go.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

DreamyViridi

Hmmm... I actually know the guy who did that, or rather I used to. Not personally irl but y'know, one of my Wii friends.
He goes by KillerSpatula on YouTube and his vids were hilarious. I'm even in a couple of them! His Wii and Brawl disc started resulting in online errors when certain characters were chosen and it got worse over time. So he quit making videos to focus on university. From the times I played with him, he played for the lols than that 'tier' rubbish. Those were great times...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Orngeblu

DreamyViridi wrote:

From the times I played with him, he played for the lols than that 'tier' rubbish.

Are you implying the competitive scene players play their characters because of the tier list? I hate using tier list as an example, though. -_- Let's say this: Are you implying competitive scene players play/don't play characters based on how strong or weak they are in the meta game? I hate that mind set, no offense. Correct me if I am wrong, though, elaborate if you can, but please don't ignore the fact that lower tier characters have a lot of weaknesses compared to higher tiers, not that I'm complaining, but it's fact. I hate when people ignore it, too, and say Brawl is balanced...

I've seen a few people do this in this thread already, and I held it in.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Snagrio

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

I don't think Snake will return. You know how Konami dislikes Nintendo >.<

I'd be very surprised if he does. Honestly I even hope he doesn't come back. He stuck out like a sore thumb and didn't fit in the roster that well in terms of appearance, at least in my eyes.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

I hope Snake returns! :c I really doubt he'll go, though, but he is a very unique character because (I actually might've said this before in this thread, but I don't remember) 1. Well, he isn't a Nintendo character, which is different, and 2. I like how he plays very differently than the average fighter. Well, he's the only fighter I recall at the moment that uses the ground game. (Well, there's IC's and Diddy)

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Blast

@Kawaii_Neko Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes isn't coming to Wii U so no... Snake won't be in the game.

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

@Kawaii_Neko Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes isn't coming to Wii U so no... Snake won't be in the game.

When was the last time a Metal Gear game on a Nintendo platform?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Orngeblu

Has anyone seen this? Sakurai discusses game balance. Also, Captain Falcon confirmed! (Because he explains how the falcon punch is be good for Free-For-All's, but not so much in 1v1's) Apparently Bowser is MUCH stronger now. I wonder how easyily he'll be able to KO people now. He's faster, and stronger now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/30/sakurai-importance-balan...

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

KingDunsparce

@Orngeblu Was there ever any doubt about Captain Falcon returning?

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Orngeblu

CaptainCharlie wrote:

@Orngeblu Was there ever any doubt about Captain Falcon returning?

Not to me, but there are a lot of people who just want to see him announced already!

<3 Smash Bros.

Blast

DarkwingLz wrote:

Blast wrote:

When was the last time a Metal Gear game on a Nintendo platform?

@DarkwingLz Good point. LOL but still... is MGS: GZ was coming to Wii U then the chances of Snake being in the game would be higher than usual.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic