Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 27,917

Wheeler

^Yes. But that doesn't mean much. I wouldn't be surprised if the game is going to be release sometime in 2015 at the earliest, since Sakurai loves to have his games perfect.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Shirma_Akayaku

Orngeblu wrote:

zair zair bomb, throw, boomerang zair zair That's my Toon Link in a nut shell. Lots of projectiles and spaced Zairs.

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Toon Link's aerial power is ridiculous. It's so easy to punish people with a fast fAir or bAir. His projectile game is the best out of all the characters imo.

This got me thinking... Based on the characters that are currently revealed, where would people place them on their own tier list?
I know tier lists tend to be looked down upon, but I wanna know what others think of the characters.

IMO, Rosalina looks like a mid-to-upper tier character. People have been saying that she's gonna be a broken character, but since she's tall (large hitbox) and light (anti-gravity effect), it looks like she'll be easy to knockout. Who knows, it'd be crazy if she were lighter than Peach.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

LyIa

She's actually heavier than Peach or Daisy in the Mario Kart games.

@OdnetninAges Really? I can't get anything other than regular matches. I've never played Taunt Battles before.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

SCRAPPER392

I've gotten online Brawl matches. It's usually too laggy to play for real, though. It's kinda funny, because since my internet connection isn't as slow as others', I'm the only one who can move around sometimes, but I don't hit anyone. Once someone besides me starts moving, the connection usually goes to crap.

The new one will have way better online that actually works.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DreamyViridi

@Cyb3Rnite - Rosalina is a Heavy class in the Mario Kart games not because of her weight but because of her height. Same can be said for Waluigi.
Also, I have had good Brawl matches before. It is possible. My last good Brawl session was about a month ago.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Happy_Mask

When everyone I find has a reasonable connection, I can have good match, though that's a scarcity for sure.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Orngeblu

GamecubeMan wrote:

I admit that using the word "unavoidable" was a overstatement. However Meta Knight in his current form is still too OP for a lot of people's taste. Also, as of when was his ban lifted because I was not aware of this @Orngeblue

I don't know when his ban was lifted, but I can tell you there are a lot of big name tournaments that don't ban him, as well as the All is Brawl ladder, Meta Knight is not banned there either. But, I don't deny the power gap (if you will) between him and the cast is pretty high. Meta Knight and Ice Climbers are as high as it gets.

Wait, I forgot something. There's literally NO way to counter pick (a stage) Meta Knight.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Orngeblu

Edit: Oops, double post. >_>

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

zair zair bomb, throw, boomerang zair zair That's my Toon Link in a nut shell. Lots of projectiles and spaced Zairs.

Toon Link's aerial power is ridiculous. It's so easy to punish people with a fast fAir or bAir. His projectile game is the best out of all the characters imo.

I rank his projectiles from best to, well, lesser than best: Bomb, Boomerang, Arrow. I use bomb a LOT, because you have a lot of freedom with them, or options. I've also pick up some neat tricks over the time I was playing him such as:

Short hop -> Bomb Pull -> Arrow. If you pull the bomb as early as possible, you can get an arrow out before you hit the ground. Not that if you time the arrow right, before you hit the ground, it will have reduced frames of ending lag. This is almost guaranteed with Short Hop -> Bomb Pull -> Arrow.

You can also do a short hop double arrow as well, the 2nd arrow will have reduced frames of ending lag too because the timing on the 2nd arrow is almost guaranteed.

You can use an arrow out of every short hop aerial attack of Toon Link's except Uair, and again, if timed correctly, you get the point.

Toon Link also has a guaranteed Short Hop -> Bair -> Bair -> Utilt combo at lower percents.

I don't play a really campy Toon Link, though, I like playing aggressive and pressure my opponent. Half of the time I'll be using projectiles, the other, I'll be in on you.

Rosalina wrote:

This got me thinking... Based on the characters that are currently revealed, where would people place them on their own tier list?
I know tier lists tend to be looked down upon, but I wanna know what others think of the characters.

IMO, Rosalina looks like a mid-to-upper tier character. People have been saying that she's gonna be a broken character, but since she's tall (large hitbox) and light (anti-gravity effect), it looks like she'll be easy to knockout. Who knows, it'd be crazy if she were lighter than Peach.

Yeah, Rosalina looks mid or higher to me. Mega Man looks pretty mid-high tier, and looks like he'll have a decent projectile game. Wii Fit Trainer will probably be a bit lesser than mid in my opinion. We haven't seen what Bowser can actually do with his new power, but, I'll just say it: Mid.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

LyIa

Orngeblu wrote:

I don't play a really campy Toon Link, though, I like playing aggressive and pressure my opponent. Half of the time I'll be using projectiles, the other, I'll be in on you.

That sounds a lot like my playstyle, heh heh. I usually switch around, mix it up and adapt to how my opponent reacts. Once you get them off the edge, they're pretty much screwed.

all men are kings 👑

Orngeblu

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

That sounds a lot like my playstyle, heh heh. I usually switch around, mix it up and adapt to how my opponent reacts. Once you get them off the edge, they're pretty much screwed.

Oh, I forgot one more technique. It's great for when you need to land on the stage again, safely. Pull out a bomb, while you're in the air you can do an air dodge, and at the same time, drop the bomb by pressing Dodge and Z at the same time.

<3 Smash Bros.

Blast

Let's predict sales! How many sales will this game get on release day?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Wheeler

Blast wrote:

2. I'm buying both versions.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Blast wrote:

You know, I forgot about the "character customization" Sakurai talked about. He hasn't shared anything about that recently. Also, didn't Soul Calibur have a character customization feature? Maybe Namco will be working on this customization feature. Sakurai said before, that you would be able to customize on the 3DS, and send it to the Wii U version. That was a while ago though, things might have changed already. Depending on what the customization feature is, I might want to get both, but for now, sticking with the Wii U version.

Kinda sad to know I can only play with people who have the Wii U version, if I am only getting the Wii U version, so anyone who isn't getting the Wii U version, and just the 3DS one, I cannot play with. Also, on the 3DS version, you can't do a quick smash attack with the C-stick like you can with the home console versions. I would have to get used to manually inputting it, but I still do it even on Brawl when I am predicting a roll or something. Most of the time I am using the C-stick, though.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

Orngeblu wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Blast wrote:

You know, I forgot about the "character customization" Sakurai talked about. He hasn't shared anything about that recently. Also, didn't Soul Calibur have a character customization feature? Maybe Namco will be working on this customization feature. Sakurai said before, that you would be able to customize on the 3DS, and send it to the Wii U version. That was a while ago though, things might have changed already. Depending on what the customization feature is, I might want to get both, but for now, sticking with the Wii U version.

Kinda sad to know I can only play with people who have the Wii U version, if I am only getting the Wii U version, so anyone who isn't getting the Wii U version, and just the 3DS one, I cannot play with. Also, on the 3DS version, you can't do a quick smash attack with the C-stick like you can with the home console versions. I would have to get used to manually inputting it, but I still do it even on Brawl when I am predicting a roll or something. Most of the time I am using the C-stick, though.

Yeah, I haven't heard much about the character customization. You think it will be stat boosting or costumes? Also, I prefer to do my Smash attacks manually, but the touchscreen can be use for shortcuts.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Yeah, I haven't heard much about the character customization. You think it will be stat boosting or costumes? Also, I prefer to do my Smash attacks manually, but the touchscreen can be use for shortcuts.

That's actually not a bad idea, switching between touch screen and ABXY with your thumb, not the stylus (that would be harder), and just swiping the touch screen in the direction you wanna smash. :I Not a bad idea.

Stat boosting? I hope not. Costumes is what I was thinking of.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

^I was thinking like the stickers used in Subspace Emissary in Brawl. But yeah, the stat boosting is just terrible, it be hard to keep it balance.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

^I was thinking like the stickers used in Subspace Emissary in Brawl. But yeah, the stat boosting is just terrible, it be hard to keep it balance.

You have no idea, that's what happened to Kid Icarus: Uprising. -_-

<3 Smash Bros.

Blast

As long as the Wii U version comes out weeks before the 3DS version.... I'll be happy. I actually plan on getting both versions but even I know the Wii U needs to reap the benefits from this game more than the 3DS. Nintendo could really market this game easily when it gets time to show this game on tv.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic