Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 361 to 380 of 8,074

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

361. Posted:

Neoproteus wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Um, okay...

Now to put this thread back on track, I wonder how many characters from Brawl that were only Assist Trophies will become playable? I'm placing my bets on Issac, Lyn, and maybe Saki. Heck, Resetti would be kinda hilarious, if not annoying (during one of his droning episodes he does mention what he would do if he joined "this here Brawl"). Besides Tom Nook as a possibility, we need someone from the Animal Crossing series to be actually playable, seeing as there is a stage, Assist Trophy, many trophies and stickers, and music from it in Brawl.

Totally agree. Lyndis was the first main character from a Fire Emblem game released in North America, she'd better become a character at some point. Or maybe even an alternate costume for Marth... Or how about bosses like Ridley?

Um, considering that she is a girl and Marth is a guy, yeah... Enough people as it is think Marth is a girl, having a palette swap involving a female character certainly won't help with that. XD

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Final-Starman

362. Posted:

Who Still Wants Jeff Andonuts as a Assist Trophy?

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

363. Posted:

I was in a BestBuy the other day. Not surprisingly there wasn't really anything Wii U related yet, except for a giant lit sign on one wall saying "Wii U coming soon!" Anyway, there was a demo of Sony's "non-rip off and totally original" All Stars Battle Royal that some other guys were playing. While it did look nice, I was still mentally destroying the thing with my mind. Out of all the Nintendo series Sony had to blatantly copy next, they chose Smash Bros! Oh how I hate them for their non-creativity at times.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

364. Posted:

I still 2nd the guy who said they should have ripped off Power Stone instead, since Capcom's never gonna do anything with it.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

365. Posted:

Couldn't resist bumping this. Besides, better then making Smash Bros. thread number 9000.

So anyway, while I'm ecstatic that Iwata gave a shout out for Smash Bros. in the latest (and most spectacular) ND, something he said about it bothered me a little. He said they would reveal the first GAME SCREENS at E3; he didn't say a TRAILER. So does this mean we'll only get to see a few tantalizing pictures? Or am I just overreacting and they will have a video? I'm betting the latter...

AuthorMessage

swordx

366. Posted:

Either way, at least we can finally see some footage.

swordx

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

367. Posted:

@swordx I suppose that's good in itself. Heck, it'll be nice to finally know what the official name is so we don't have to keep calling it SSB 4 or SSB Wii U/3DS.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

368. Posted:

There's only going to be a collection of interesting screenshots shown, like what happened when Super Mario 3D Land was first announced, although there's a good chance the official name will be revealed.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

369. Posted:

I don't think that they will show screenshots, i think it will be a trailer. I hope they wouldn't make us wait and troll us with just pictures.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

CM30

370. Posted:

I really think it'll be a trailer. After all, screenshots aren't what you use to excite people at E3.

But I'll be really happy to know the name, since it seems I can refer to it properly and get the right name for a future project of mine...

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

371. Posted:

True, i think it will be called super smash bros world.

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

372. Posted:

It'll be called New Super Smash Bros.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

373. Posted:

I still think they should have Paper Mario as a playable character, but i'll be happy to just play the game. As long as Namco doesn't try to ruin it by shoving their franchises into the game, i'll be happy.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

374. Posted:

Yes paper mario would be awesome.

AuthorMessage

PSI_King

375. Posted:

At this rate,i'm not complaining.
Characters that I hope return from Melee
Mewtwo
Roy
Young Link
Characters that I hope return from Brawl
Red (He's more likely to get replaced by Gold,Ruby,Platinum,or Black but whatever :P )
Toon Link (He's more likely to get replaced Young Link,Toon Zelda/Tetra,or another Link clone but whatever :P )
New Characters I hope Make It into SSB4
Midna
Victini
Ridley
Ghirahim
Vaati

Buying: Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam), Retro City Rampage (3DS), The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
My new BL
Me vs. 3DSFan134
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
"Want a cookie? So do I. Let's Pokemon battle for it!"

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Grodus

376. Posted:

Um, just keep pac-man out of my game, and I'll be good.

I am Grodus. I will kidnap YOUR princess for the Shadow Queen, too!

AuthorMessage

Lan

377. Posted:

I have a feeling Chrom will be in it

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

378. Posted:

It seems everywhere I go someone points out Ridley, and, although I think it would be cool to have someone from Metroid other than Samus (I refuse to call Zero-Suit Samus a different character, it's just more variety to a moveset), how would that work? In the Subspace Emissary, he was the size of the the Blue Falcon (If I'm recalling correctly). I guess they could downsize him, but they haven't done that for another character.
I'm just hoping they keep all of the characters they have right now, save Lucario, as he pretty much was only there for the release of the fourth gen. He'll probably get replaced not by Zoroark, but a sixth gen Pokemon. Or they can just toss him for all I care; really, they can save the room for more needed characters.
In the online, they need to let people change the rules. People wanna play stock.
At E3, all I need is some screenshots; I'd give anything for a glimpse of Smash Bros. And just wondering, what was that theory it would be called Smash Bros Universe? Does anyone know how it was born or where it died (I never hear about it anymore)?

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
I would give it a creative name, but I'm not good with "humor", so I'll just give you that :3
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

379. Posted:

RedPanda wrote:

It seems everywhere I go someone points out Ridley, and, although I think it would be cool to have someone from Metroid other than Samus (I refuse to call Zero-Suit Samus a different character, it's just more variety to a moveset), how would that work? In the Subspace Emissary, he was the size of the the Blue Falcon (If I'm recalling correctly). I guess they could downsize him, but they haven't done that for another character.

And here's the same comeback that many other people use for Ridley. Bowser is normally twice the size he is in Smash Bros. so he was shrunk down. On the other side of the scale, Olimar (with Pikmin) is normally a couple inches tall, so he got bigger. And that's just two examples. But like you said, it would be slightly confusing to see Ridley at canon size in one game then be shrunk down the next.

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

380. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I still think they should have Paper Mario as a playable character, but i'll be happy to just play the game. As long as Namco doesn't try to ruin it by shoving their franchises into the game, i'll be happy.

At this point I no longer believe that Mario & Paper Mario are the same person. Paper Mario has truely proven himself to one of the best contenders for Smash Bros. with the potential to have one of the most unique movesets! :)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Mallo, Wonder-Red, and Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!