Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 27,917

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
Pretty much. Wii U: Super Smash Bros. in HD, online, etc. 3DS: Super Smash Bros. in 3D(?), online(?), on the go, etc.

The only reason I can come up with on why you wouldn't buy both, is if you don't have one of the systems.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
Pretty much. Super Smash Bros. in HD, online, etc. Super Smash Bros. in 3D(?), online(?), on the go, etc.

The only reason I can come up with on why you wouldn't buy both, is if you don't have one of the systems.

I'm staying hopeful for online on the 3DS version but apart of me thinks they might only have local.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
Ya, as long as they haven't confirmed anything, it's still on the table. I think they will, because 3DS already has a decent amount of online users, and Miiverse/NNID can only make online better for the system. They'll do the best they can to get online going.

I'm not entirely sure about 3D support. It seems like they would be able to, but the same could have been said about Pokemon X & Y. I think Pokemon X & Y not having 3D had more to do with how big the overall game was, though. We'll just have to see, but I can assure you that they'll try to do those things for the 3DS version. Spotpass and Streetpass are pretty certain to showup in the games.

Qwest

LzWinky

WingedSnagret wrote:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

DarkwingLz wrote:

Why would it be smart to release the two versions separately at different times?

Because if the 3DS version cannibalizes the Wii U version sales that would be really bad.

That's what I'm thinking. If the 3DS version comes out the same time as the Wii U version, or before it, more people will buy only the 3DS one since they will most likely have a 3DS and not a Wii U, thus robbing the console system of potential sales. If the Wii U version comes out first then the more naive people will think it'll only be on the Wii U and buy it along with the system (lots of people are holding off getting a Wii U till Smash comes out in any case).

Many smash fans have made it clear that they want the console version.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jazzer94
Ya, as long as they haven't confirmed anything, it's still on the table. I think they will, because 3DS already has a decent amount of online users, and Miiverse/NNID can only make online better for the system. They'll do the best they can to get online going.

I'm not entirely sure about 3D support. It seems like they would be able to, but the same could have been said about Pokemon X & Y. I think Pokemon X & Y not having 3D had more to do with how big the overall game was, though. We'll just have to see, but I can assure you that they'll try to do those things for the 3DS version. Spotpass and Streetpass are pretty certain to showup in the games.

I don't know if 3D support would add much and I would rather they had a solid 60 fps for this kind of game then fancy extras just my opinion I know some people would prefer the opposite.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
Well ya. I'm assuming they would only add 3D if they can maintain the framerate.

Qwest

Nintendaholic

i dont see why anyone would ever want the 3ds version over the wii u version. the 3ds looks like n64 graphics when put up against the wii u. i really hope they come up with a bundle beecause i ill be buying both!

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

SCRAPPER392

Nintendaholic wrote:

i dont see why anyone would ever want the 3ds version over the wii u version. the 3ds looks like n64 graphics when put up against the wii u. i really hope they come up with a bundle beecause i ill be buying both!

I think the 3DS version looks pretty good. It will have all the same mechanics. The only difference is the visual style, and it gets the job done.

It WOULD be cool if they do a buy one get 1/2 off or something, but that most likely won't happen. It's just like the Pokemon 3DS XL bundle. They didn't give you the game with the system, because they know you'll buy it anyway.

Qwest

LyIa

I'm pretty sure we need more screens or stuff before we start a boss or hazard debate.

all men are kings 👑

Snagrio

I'm trying so hard not to keep my hopes up. But considering it's been so long since the last character reveal (well over a month) and this Direct is supposedly gonna be big, my mind is just screaming that another roster addition will be made known. And perhaps even a newcomer at that.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Budda

Some of my gaming websites I visit regularly are changing SSB4's Releasedate from just "2014" to "2nd quarter 2014".
Do they know something we don't know (yet)? :3

Just asking. Don't want to make any hopes!

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

LzWinky

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Some of my gaming websites I visit regularly are changing SSB4's Releasedate from just "2014" to "2nd quarter 2014".
Do they know something we don't know (yet)? :3

Just asking. Don't want to make any hopes!

Well they know how to take credit on baseless rumors

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Budda

Two of the websites I checked don't take rumors seriously. Would be new to me.
But just let us say they do.. What kind of rumor would that be? We would have heard about it by now.

It's just weird that they are doing this on the same time. Nothing more.^^

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Orngeblu

I'm hoping for some Smash news in tomorrow's direct. If anything it'll be a veteran most likely, but even if it is, it still feels good to know said veteran revealed isn't cut. c:

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

MAN1AC

I'm hoping for a character reveal tomorrow.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Nintendaholic

captain falcon

Nintendaholic

nintendo is too mean too announce anything about smash. they love to disappoint us.

Nintendaholic

i really hope so. i just hate being underwhelmed every direct

SCRAPPER392

I'm usually pretty content with the NDs. I don't expect anything, so anything is better than nothing.

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic