Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 3,401 to 3,420 of 12,812

AuthorMessage

Romeo

3,401. Posted:

"to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun"
sigh..........

because that's clearly what you need to pay extra attention/time to, that's clearly what matters
not balance or anything like that

sometimes i wonder if they're just trolling us

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

AuthorMessage

Late

3,402. Posted:

@Romeo: Do you really think that making an item takes so much time out of everything else? Not everyone was working on that same gun at the same time. Some of them are constantly trying to find the perfect balance while others do different things.

I'm glad they're showing some items too although I think the Ray Gun had better design in Brawl.

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage

Romeo

3,403. Posted:

that's not the problem i have with it
"to ensure it doesn't look like a real gun"

that's my problem. every 6 year old has seen gungs (+ plays with gun-toys), has seen blood/death in movies, etc.
and Nintendo goes out of their way to ensure that an ingame weapon/gun doesn't look like a gun

really.. who cares? the ressources/time they spend on "protecting the children" and ensuring that this game is playable for 2year olds.. should instead be used for making sure that this game is balanced really well for the competitive players

i'm not saying i want blood/death in Super Smash Bros... that's not what this game is all about, i just want them to get their priorities straight

there's a reason im so hard on nintendo when it comes to Super Smash Bros.
games like Zelda, Mario, etc... they always give us perfect games... i don't have to worry about anything most of the time

but Super Smash Bros. is one of the few (maybe the only) Nintendo games which can be played on a competitive level. What's important for competitive games? Online multiplayer of course

Nintendo has never been good when it comes to online multiplayer or online features...
they won't let us chat/talk with each other.. add friends or anything like that... their online servers are usually horrible (most of the time), and they won't accept the fact that people like playing Smash Bros. competitively
so they dumb down the game.... so we focus on having fun instead of playing it competitively (even though that's exactly what's so fun about it)...

on top of that they want to protect the children (because appearantly it's their job and not the parent's job... and parental controls aren't enough?!) and therefore we don't get ingame chat, friendlists, teamspeak-like programs, etc.... because we could be pedophiles and other shi*.. lol

and they think we really care and applaud when they managed to make an ingame gun not look like a gun at all? like that's an accomplishment and we should be grateful

• there are also swords and other stuff in this game, why even bother?
  • Sakurai wants to balance the game by himself.. even though he could just ask for help from Namco
    (he even admitted that he's not trying to fully balance it)

im probably looking forward to smash bros. more than anyone else here.. and that's exactly the reason why im so worried and hard on nintendo when it comes to this game
i want good online-multiplayer + online features... i want them to stop dumbing down the game for the casual noobs out there.. and i want them to focus on balancing this game for the competitive players instead of wasting time on making sure that an ingame gun doesn't look like a gun

but im really looking forward to this game... i'm just worried, that's all

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

3,404. Posted:

They had problems implementing Snake with real guns, so they gave him explosives only.
Don't forget. This game is for kids exporting to different countries etc. They have to generalise this game. ;)

Rings! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

3,405. Posted:

Here is how the ray gun looked throughout the series.
Super Smash Bros.
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Untitled
Whoa, that is a radical change.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

TheGreatGamer

3,406. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Super Smash Bros.
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Untitled
Untitled

that's obviously the best one (last one)

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegreatclasher
Facebook for Youtube Channel: https://www.facebook.com/thegreatclasher
Twitter for Youtube Channel: https://twitter.com/TheGreatClasher

3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

AuthorMessage

TheGreatGamer

3,407. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Super Smash Bros.
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Untitled
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Untitled
Untitled

that's obviously the best one (last one)

AuthorMessage

Romeo

3,408. Posted:

Oo
3 is obviously the best one

4 looks like a fu***** scanner

Romeo

AuthorMessage

TheGreatGamer

3,409. Posted:

Romeo wrote:

Oo
3 is obviously the best one

4 looks like a fu***** scanner

oh romeo, you just lost juliet with your words romeo

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

3,410. Posted:

The new ray gun resembles a blow dryer, but it's how it shoots that will count. Maybe it shoots bigger lasers this time?

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Pit-Stain

3,411. Posted:

Am I the only one who liked that new design? Everyone is complaining about it in Miiverse.

Have I told you how much I like apples? Apple is love! Apple is life!
Currently playing: Zelda ALBW, Pokémon Y, Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Bravely Default, Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Waiting for: SSB4, MK8, Bayonetta 2, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6995-3808 | Nintendo Network ID: Captain-Pit

AuthorMessage

Romeo

3,412. Posted:

no, you're not the only one... there are others who like that design, but im certainly not one of them

brawl version looks cool, but appearantly that's too "hardcore"/violent for nintendo nowadays... so we'll have to use a scanner or rather a blow-dryer (like DestinyMan already said) this time around
that's just great! /s

Romeo

AuthorMessage

Caryslan

3,413. Posted:

Honestly, people are up in arms over the look of the Ray Gun? It kinda looks like those old ray guns that were in the space Lego Sets from the 90s or old cheesy sci-fi movies. And I want to say this much, like it or not Nintendo has an image to uphold. Yes, they may go insane with it sometimes, but imagine the headlines if Snake had his guns in Brawl and was shooting Pikachu or Kirby. While people don't look twice when Nathan Drake or Radec shoot Parappa in PSBAR with real guns, Nintendo is often held to a different standard from other studios. If you had even one character in a Smash game packing heat, it would look bad.

I like the new Ray Gun Design. It has that old-school sci-fi movie look to it. I never liked how it looked in Brawl. And I can see Sakurai's point, from a distance in the chaos of playing smash Brawl's Ray Gun does kinda look like a normal gun. Granted, once you pick it up and use it, its clear what it really is. But given many people who start things with Video Games never play them, imagine the thought that runs through a parent's head as they are walking by the TV screen and see the Brawl Ray gun laying on the stage.

Yes, it seems excessive, but Nintendo has built their image on family fun. Besides, the SSB4 version has a good look.

I would be more worried about the balance of the weapon in this game. In Brawl it was far too easy to knock heavyweights like Ganondorf off the stage with the Ray Gun and carry them off the screen or far enough where their recovery would not work.

instead of the look, maybe everyone should be worried about the weapon's balance. It was overpowered in Brawl.

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

3,414. Posted:

Pit-Stain wrote:

Am I the only one who liked that new design? Everyone is complaining about it in Miiverse.

I think this is the best one yet.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

Romeo

3,415. Posted:

Caryslan wrote:

Honestly, people are up in arms over the look of the Ray Gun? It kinda looks like those old ray guns that were in the space Lego Sets from the 90s or old cheesy sci-fi movies. And I want to say this much, like it or not Nintendo has an image to uphold. Yes, they may go insane with it sometimes, but imagine the headlines if Snake had his guns in Brawl and was shooting Pikachu or Kirby. While people don't look twice when Nathan Drake or Radec shoot Parappa in PSBAR with real guns, Nintendo is often held to a different standard from other studios. If you had even one character in a Smash game packing heat, it would look bad.

I like the new Ray Gun Design. It has that old-school sci-fi movie look to it. I never liked how it looked in Brawl. And I can see Sakurai's point, from a distance in the chaos of playing smash Brawl's Ray Gun does kinda look like a normal gun. Granted, once you pick it up and use it, its clear what it really is. But given many people who start things with Video Games never play them, imagine the thought that runs through a parent's head as they are walking by the TV screen and see the Brawl Ray gun laying on the stage.

Yes, it seems excessive, but Nintendo has built their image on family fun. Besides, the SSB4 version has a good look.

I would be more worried about the balance of the weapon in this game. In Brawl it was far too easy to knock heavyweights like Ganondorf off the stage with the Ray Gun and carry them off the screen or far enough where their recovery would not work.

instead of the look, maybe everyone should be worried about the weapon's balance. It was overpowered in Brawl.

you really think parents would be worried by this?

we're in the year 2013... kids these days start having sex and drink by the age of 14 and do all kinds of other stuff
you think parents care if their child plays a video game... and one character in this game uses a gun (which has the size of an ant)?

it's not like this is a FPS... or some bloody horror game, we're talking about something parents wouldn't even recognize... a little laser-gun

even LEGO is more violent than this

• please do not forget that this is a fighting game... you fight against each other... use your fists/legs or swords/bombs, etc.
    how is that fine, but guns are not?

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

3,416. Posted:

That new ray gun looks like a hammer, maybe you can also use it..................as a hammer (If that's the case, then the Hammer Bro(s). need be in this game as playable characters).
Untitled

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

3,417. Posted:

I like the new design on the gun. :I

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

3,418. Posted:

I'm not upset about the blow-dryer-like look, it just looks fine to me. It's how it works that I'm more interested in. The Brawl ray gun was pretty powerful because in the first two games, those ray guns prevented you from moving while shooting. In Brawl, you can walk and shoot the ray gun at the same time, and that made a huge difference. It's quite easy to KO an opponent just by shooting a steady stream of lasers at any opponent, light or heavy, out of bounds if the character didn't try to get out of the way. I wouldn't mind at all if this new ray gun required you to stay in one spot while firing, as well as having bigger laser shots than before.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

3,419. Posted:

I agree with @DestinyMan.
The new ray gun does look a bit daft in comparison, yes, but it looks alright. I do prefer Brawl's design a bit more but I like it too and hope you can still move while shooting. Besides, the look of one item isn't going to stop me (or anyone with a brain) from buying the game.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

3,420. Posted:

I really don't care about the ray gun. -_-

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763