Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 28,771

Snagrio

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

There's a rumor that Super Smash Bros 4 is getting a release date on a Nintendo Direct in January.
It's a rumor so I just let it be a rumor and don't post any links to that. A few gaming websites mentioned it though.

Even if this rumor turns out to be true and Nintendo does give it an actual release date I still won't believe it, given how delay-happy Sakurai is known to be.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Blur_Escalation

WingedSnagret wrote:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

There's a rumor that Super Smash Bros 4 is getting a release date on a Nintendo Direct in January.
It's a rumor so I just let it be a rumor and don't post any links to that. A few gaming websites mentioned it though.

Even if this rumor turns out to be true and Nintendo does give it an actual release date I still won't believe it, given how delay-happy Sakurai is known to be.

At last we would have some hint when we can expect the game at the earliest . ^^
I hate it when someone leave me in the dark. lol

Blur_Escalation

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

@DreamyViridi: Brawl's development was four years, from 2005 to 2008.

Incorrect. October 2005 (when development officially began) to January 2008 (Japanese release) is 27 months, as in two years and three months.

Edit: I meant 27 months, damn my stupid math. :X

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

DreamyViridi

@cookie - Well, Brawl's development time certainly felt really longer than that... but if what you say is true, then Smash Bros. U/3DS releasing next year wouldn't be as unlikely as I thought. Smash Bros. U/3DS has been in development since Kid Icarus: Uprising was released; meaning it has been a good 20 months since.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

cookiex

Partly because when Iwata first talked about Brawl in 2005, it came out of thin air. Sakurai didn't even know another Smash Bros. game was in the pipeline, and nobody else had been attached to do it. Nothing had been made of the game when people started hyping it up.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

cherrysunburst

Let's hope the Melee fans don't mindlessly hate this one for not having complicated universal techs. Pff. L-cancelling. What were you thinking, Sakurai?

former usernames because i'm fickle: sushifreAk, Cyb3Rnite, Justice, AnActualDash, cath3Rine, rayneee
currently playing: nothing. i'm burnt out, i guess.

i like girls.

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

DreamyViridi

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Let's hope the Melee fans don't mindlessly hate this one for not having complicated universal techs. Pff. L-cancelling. What were you thinking, Sakurai?

This! At the risk of sounding ignorant or stupid, I don't like the complicated tech 'skills' that weren't originally implemented in the game, like L-cancelling. Melee techs end up making things too fast-paced for my liking. I'd rather be able to keep track of what's happening.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

OdnetninAges

DestinyMan wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Partly because when Iwata first talked about Brawl in 2005, it came out of thin air. Sakurai didn't even know another Smash Bros. game was in the pipeline, and nobody else had been attached to do it. Nothing had been made of the game when people started hyping it up.

Just like Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!

I thought the story was that Iwata asked him which system he wanted to put the next Smash Bros. on, and he said that he liked the features of both platforms, so both. And then Iwata announced at E3 that Sakurai was considering it, and then Sakurai stated that development wouldn't start until Kid Icarus: Uprising's completion.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

SCRAPPER392

Ya. If you guys don't remember, there was even an article here on NL that said they considered a DS version of the game. I honestly thought that sort of thing would happen back then, too.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

2Sang

Any update on miiverse?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

R_Champ

DreamyViridi wrote:

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Let's hope the Melee fans don't mindlessly hate this one for not having complicated universal techs. Pff. L-cancelling. What were you thinking, Sakurai?

This! At the risk of sounding ignorant or stupid, I don't like the complicated tech 'skills' that weren't originally implemented in the game, like L-cancelling. Melee techs end up making things too fast-paced for my liking. I'd rather be able to keep track of what's happening.

I totally agree as well. Things like tripping and a horrendously unbalanced roster would be nice things to fix, but reincorporating things like L-canceling, limited roster, useless clones (Pichu...), and ridiculous drop speeds seems like bad ideas.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Late

Pic of the day: "Dismantle! Unite!! Yellow Devil!!!"
Untitled

Yellow Devil was shown in the trailer at E3 and caused confusion if he's a stage hazard, boss or something else. To me it seems like he's a boss since he takes so big part of the stage and there are only two players battling.

Edited on by Late

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

DreamyViridi

@Late - I don't know, I still think Yellow Devil's more of a stage hazard. There have been big hazards in Smash Bros before. Also, that rumour that the game could be released in Spring 2014 was shot down by Nintendo. ...Which I'm actually OK with, because of all games; Smash Bros should not be rushed.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Late

@DreamyViridi: There is still a big chance that Yellow Devil's a stage hazard but I think I'd have hard time dodging the Yellow Devil + 3 players if there were 4 players battling. It's also kinda in a way because if one punches/kicks another to the side they'd almost certainly bump into Yellow Devil. Yellow Devil is also really close to ledge so if someone would get knocked behind him they'd have hard time getting back to the center. Though if you take damage only by touching those spheres he turns into when switching the side I wouldn't see those problems but I think it'd be kind of odd. These are my reasons to think that he'd be more likely a boss but I won't exclude the possibility that he's just a stage hazard.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

DreamyViridi

@Late - Very valid points, he is taking up a lot of the stage space. There might be some space to the right but it's hard to tell from the pic. But hey, maybe you're right and some stages have their own separate boss fights in Single-Player or something like that. It'd make up for the apparent lack of SSE-style adventure mode.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Orngeblu

DreamyViridi wrote:

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Let's hope the Melee fans don't mindlessly hate this one for not having complicated universal techs. Pff. L-cancelling. What were you thinking, Sakurai?

This! At the risk of sounding ignorant or stupid, I don't like the complicated tech 'skills' that weren't originally implemented in the game, like L-cancelling. Melee techs end up making things too fast-paced for my liking. I'd rather be able to keep track of what's happening.

Why do people have make it sound like you need to be gifted to play Melee, or have god like reflexes? I've been playing Project: M and it's not hard at all. It just took some practicing and I could do wavedash easily and L-cancel is pretty much burned into my brain, haha. It doesn't make the game 10x's faster, it's what you do out of the techniques that can make it fast-paced. Wavedash is best used in place of dodge roll because it's faster than a roll, and you can attack or jump out of it. There's more than just wavedash and L-cancel though, you also have Crouch Canceling, Directional Influence, and Tech Roll. I won't go into detail about those though, but the only one that would be hard is DI if you try to DI every single hit, that requires pretty god like reflexes, but I just DI grabs is all.

If you don't wanna play a character who you need godlike tech skill, DON'T PLAY FOX, or any spacey for that matter. (Spacey = Space animals(?), which is Fox and Falco) Play someone easy like Peach, Marth, or Link for that matter. Guys, really, you don't have to play like Mew2King or Mango to enjoy Melee gameplay. (In other words, top players)

I'm not one of those to hate on Smash 4 or Brawl, though, I just don't like when everyone exaggerates how hard it is to play Melee.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Romeo

sigh.... all these casuals :/
ruining all the games nowadays

go play on your smartphone

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

Orngeblu

Romeo wrote:

sigh.... all these casuals :/
ruining all the games nowadays

u wot m8

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Orngeblu

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Late - I don't know, I still think Yellow Devil's more of a stage hazard. There have been big hazards in Smash Bros before. Also, that rumour that the game could be released in Spring 2014 was shot down by Nintendo. ...Which I'm actually OK with, because of all games; Smash Bros should not be rushed.

Anyways, back on topic. Kinda hoping that's not a stage hazard, and instead part of some boss mode.

And sorry for the double post...

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

cherrysunburst

@Orngeblu We don't talk about P:M here, but I play it, and it's not that hard. What I'm saying is that it'll turn a lot of players away when they see all the intimidating techs and empty depth in the fighting system. Secondly, there are people who hate on Brawl because they're used to Melee. Fact.

All that wavedashing and l-cancelling stuff is completely unnessesary for a fighting game. I think keeping it a balanced, easy to learn game will attract more players, and that's basically what you want to do with a franchise, especially on a weak system like the Wii U.

@Romeo Class-A butthurtitude. Don't like casuals? Stop playing casual games.

Edited on by cherrysunburst

former usernames because i'm fickle: sushifreAk, Cyb3Rnite, Justice, AnActualDash, cath3Rine, rayneee
currently playing: nothing. i'm burnt out, i guess.

i like girls.

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic