Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,261 to 19,280 of 27,917

yokokazuo

So what is everyone's experiences with amiibo? I decided to do a 1 on 1 with my lvl 50 Link amiibo using a default Marth and ended up losing by 2 stocks! I was able to win later when using my custom Marth and Link as well (that was like fighting a mirror haha). He is pretty tough with an explosive shield I gave him, still thinking about what other abilities to add.
If I can find one somewhere, I plan on picking a Marth amiibo as well soon.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

LzWinky

So I got Smash and my Link amiibo today. Toysrus.com was kind enough to upgrade the shipping to express due to their handling delay

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MsJubilee

I think i have the worst luck ever i finally downloaded Smash bros,when it was about to be 100 percent fully finished.Boom error has occurred redownload it again!Then i finally went back to the eshop another thing happened can't access it due to high traffic, can't access Miiverse or internet browser either.This been happening to me for the past three days!Oh my god i'm going to lose it! I called Nintendo they didn't have an answer,they told me to wait even more.So i'm just waiting now.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

LzWinky

Can a pro controller be used in single player mode?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Iggly

WaLzgi wrote:

I believe so considering the fact that I can use my classic controller for Event Mode and Classic Mode without troubles. The only controller that I know of that doesn't work for single player mode is the 3DS.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

MasterWario

WaLzgi wrote:

Considering that's all I use, yes.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

LzWinky

Good. The Gamepad cramped my hand after a minute. I plan to get a Pro controller tomorrow

Eel

yokokazuo wrote:

So what is everyone's experiences with amiibo? I decided to do a 1 on 1 with my lvl 50 Link amiibo using a default Marth and ended up losing by 2 stocks! I was able to win later when using my custom Marth and Link as well (that was like fighting a mirror haha). He is pretty tough with an explosive shield I gave him, still thinking about what other abilities to add.
If I can find one somewhere, I plan on picking a Marth amiibo as well soon.

My Yoshi's second jump is crazy good, no need for recovery moves for him. Also he loves to spam his up b everywhere, it's actually kinda hard to get to him because of that.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

My Link amiibo is a trickshot master. The shots he lands with his bow, boomerang, and even bombs are nuts. King of long range game.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Sir_Diabeetus

Malkeor wrote:

irken004 wrote:

I'd love another emissary-style story mode. That was my favorite mode in the game! They need to fix the online too

Agreed I loved the single player and the cutscenes were fantastic.
And a vastly improved online...make it happen guys! I know you can.

Agreed, but we need moar powerline, so we can possibly have a lag-free online multiplayer for wireless users.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

CapeSmash

NintyMan wrote:

I'm happy that Multi-Man Melee 2 is in this game as part of the huge soundtrack..

But my favorite song from Melee didn't make it in (Multi-Man Melee 1). I'm BEYOND mad!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MegaStoneSmash91

Somehow, my Link amiibo learned to be an edge of the stage coward. If I let him, all he'll do is stand near the edge of the stage and use arrows and his boomerang. Only if I get close does he start becoming more interesting. There's no way I taught him any of that, so I can't imagine how he picked that up. He's also made quite a few terrible mistakes in an effort to stay near the edge. This didn't end well on the Garden of Hope stage with those sinking platforms. He also seems to favor grabbing, and he misses with it most of the time. I'm seriously considering erasing him and starting over.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Moshugan

Man! I'm totally bummed out. Super Smash Bros. Wii U special edition pre-orders are completely sold-out and I just learned that the Gamecube controller adapter isn't going to be released separately until the beginning of next year! I'm so disappointed.
On top of that, the Wii U Pro Controllers cost a fortune, and most stores are sold out on those too in my town! My Smash release day is ruined.

I sure learned my lesson on the wonderful world of special edition pre-orders...

P.S. On a side note, it seems that there's no game+adapter+controller packs in Europe (or in my country at least). Only game+adapter bundles. That sucks!

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

CaviarMeths

Getting a Pikachu amiibo tomorrow. Going to be very interested to see what sort of game it brings at Lv50.

@Moshugan Sorry to hear that. Dunno what the import scene is like in your country, but you may be better off importing the adapter if it's going to be that tricky to find. The accessory isn't region locked, and neither are the controllers. You can actually import the controllers from Japan for a decent price. The official Smash Gamecube controllers are 13,09€ and the Pro Controller is 23,86€ (plus shipping). That's where I got mine.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/551-nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan

The adapter is there too for 19,09€ and releases Dec 6.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

TeeJay

So! Do you guys still play the 3DS version now that you have your fabcy shmancy Wii U version with all its bells and whistles?

It is a genuine question, though.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CaviarMeths

TeeJay wrote:

So! Do you guys still play the 3DS version now that you have your fabcy shmancy Wii U version with all its bells and whistles?

Lol, no.

jariw

Is there any official count yet on the total number of music pieces when all have been unlocked?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

@jariw: I don't know. Getting CDs is very hard, much harder than I thought. They are extremely rare to pop in during a match. In Master Orders, you only get them after winning an intense special smash. And then there's the ones in challenges. Before, I thought there were a hundred more songs after the default list, but now it doesn't seem that way for some reason.

Found it! There are 437 music tracks:
http://numbers.kotaku.com/smash-bros-for-wii-u-has-437-tracks...

jariw

DBPirate

TeeJay wrote:

I haven't touched it since I got the Wii U version.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

MsJubilee

TeeJay wrote:

I have to until the problem i'm having fixes.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic