Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,761 to 18,780 of 27,917

2Sang

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Are you guys SERIOUSLY thinking about Super Smash Bros 5 already?!?!?! I will be adult by the time the next game comes out...

Speculating is part of the fun. Will Ridley make it? What about K Rool? Will Snake return?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

UGXwolf

2Sang wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Are you guys SERIOUSLY thinking about Super Smash Bros 5 already?!?!?! I will be adult by the time the next game comes out...

Speculating is part of the fun. Will Ridley make it? What about K Rool? Will Snake return?

Find out the answers to all these questions... Right now! No, arguably, and oh, my no~

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

Well... Flat Zone 2 and Flat Zone 1 aren't in the Wii U version.

But we are getting Flat Zone X, it's a combination of Flat Zone 1 & 2. Yay...?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

MasterWario

SockoMario wrote:

I'm glad its not taking up two spaces then. I always thought that was a bad design choice.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

maco

Did anyone resist the temptation of pre-loading the game or are you planning to get the physical media instead ?
i failed

maco

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

Well, there's a good and bad to this. On one hand, we're getting Flat Zone 1 back. On the other, we have to deal with Flat Zone 2 again. You win some, you lose some.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Shirma_Akayaku

So this was an ad for Super Mario Strikers that was rejected. Can someone edit it to have Smash Balls instead of soccer balls and change the logo to Super Smash Bros.?
Untitled
It'd make so much sense since this is a fighting game and the previous installments were rated T for Teen.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

NintendoFan64

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

So this was an ad for Super Mario Strikers that was rejected. Can someone edit it to have Smash Balls instead of soccer balls and change the logo to Super Smash Bros.?
Untitled
It'd make so much sense since this is a fighting game and the previous installments were rated T for Teen.

I love that ad X D

Edited on by NintendoFan64

2Sang

SockoMario wrote:

Flat zone always was lame for me aside from the novelty anyways

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

<image>

Probably rejected for being a terrible ad in general, not for being objectionable.

That ad would have sold like 5 games.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Shirma_Akayaku

NintyMan wrote:

@Shirma_Akayaku: I honestly wonder what hair-brained advertiser in Nintendo or Next Level Games made that ad. I'm shocked it even got off the drawing board.

Yep. Pretty crazy. I found it on Nintendo Everything.
http://nintendoeverything.com/a-look-at-a-rejected-super-mari...

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

You guys are aware that the job of an ad isn't to sell the game, it's to put the game in people's heads, generally by being very memorable. Probably gonna remember that ad every time I see a Mario Sports title. Now, this is less useful with games than, say, fast food restaurants, since the average gamer has at least a base idea of what kind of game they're looking for, but if a guy with a Wii saw that ad and was thinking about getting a sports title of some sort, he might have remembered that ad, chuckled to himself, then decided to take a look at the game. Renting, buying, or researching, all they had to do was put the game in the guy's mind to get him to at least consider it.

Pootypie

wait what??? How can Bowser die first???

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

I don't hate any of these changes, so far. They're mostly nerfing the best characters, and in most cases, not too horribly. The loss of Bowsercide is honestly the best part of this patch, IMO. Ok, if you wanna take my stock and yours at the same time, fine, but let's not make it so you can win doing that! At least not while it's THIS easy! (At least in Ganondorf's case, the opponent can very, VERY easily avoid suicide. You'd have to be stupid or brave to set yourself up for that.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

NintendoFan64

"Pic of the day. You can play co-op in all the games in Stadium mode!! In Home-run Contest, you can either work together or compete by taking turns launching Sandbag."
Untitled
"The batting order gets determined randomly to make it fair for the poor person that has to go first. Target Blast and Home-run Contest are games that you play over and over again, but you might find unique ways to play when you only have one shot at victory.:
Untitled

DreamyViridi

I find it a bit funny that Lucina is in a couple of the menu picture but is supposed to be a hidden unlock.
Downloaded the update, deleting all of those replays was a slightly painful endeavour... If anyone finds a character change list for this update, I'd appreciate if that was posted here.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nintendo6400

So I was testing meta knight in the patch hoping for a bit of a buff and discovered something...tragic. did meta knights full charged down smash always do 9 damage (from the front)? Or is it really an accidental nerf?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic