Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,781 to 18,800 of 27,917

crimsoncavalier

So I bought Smash for 3DS and was so extremely let down, that I almost didn't get the Wii U version. I got it anyways (preordered) because I know I'd regret it later on if I didn't, but I really wasn't looking forward to it that much at all.

Then I saw that video 50 Smash Facts, or whatever it's called, on the eShop channel ....

Not only did my excitement for the game suddenly explode, but it made my regret for getting the 3DS version all that greater. I'd seriously rank my Smash 3DS experience as one of my Top 5 all time most disappointing in terms of gaming. But I can't wait for Smash Wii U now. FRIDAY NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Pootypie

crimsoncavalier wrote:

So I bought Smash for 3DS and was so extremely let down, that I almost didn't get the Wii U version. I got it anyways (preordered) because I know I'd regret it later on if I didn't, but I really wasn't looking forward to it that much at all.

Then I saw that video 50 Smash Facts, or whatever it's called, on the eShop channel ....

Not only did my excitement for the game suddenly explode, but it made my regret for getting the 3DS version all that greater. I'd seriously rank my Smash 3DS experience as one of my Top 5 all time most disappointing in terms of gaming. But I can't wait for Smash Wii U now. FRIDAY NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

How was the 3DS disappointing lol, if you like Super Smash Bros in general then... you wouldn't hate any of the games.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

OneBagTravel

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

How was the 3DS disappointing lol, if you like Super Smash Bros in general then... you wouldn't hate any of the games.

It's the internet. People will find any irrational reason to be disappointed. I doubt this person would have like Smash in any form other than just porting whichever version he's the most nostalgic over.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'm sure this has been asked but when does the embargo Lift on the review? Kart 8's review came out much quicker.

Oh and why is there over 20,000 comments on a game yet released lol!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

crimsoncavalier

OneBagTravel wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

It's the internet. People will find any irrational reason to be disappointed. I doubt this person would have like Smash in any form other than just porting whichever version he's the most nostalgic over.

Thanks for attempting to speak for me, but you fail.

I dislike the 3DS version not because of the internet or "whatever reason I've made up to not like it".

The reasons are quite clear and logical. Number one, the 3DS nub is not ideal for playing a game like Smash. Second, the screen zooms out way too far (a complaint, might I add, many people had with the Wii version as well, and that one was on a TV, not a handheld)

Finally, I'll point out I loved both the original (N64) and Melee. Both of which I still play regularly. Brawl was a step backwards, IMO, but not a completely disappointment. The 3DS version, because of what I mentioned, just doesn't stand up to the rest. Besides, the Wii U version seems to be having everything the 3DS version had PLUS more, so it really seems like a waste of money.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

jariw

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm sure this has been asked but when does the embargo Lift on the review? Kart 8's review came out much quicker.

Tomorrow.

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Oh and why is there over 20,000 comments on a game yet released lol!

Because it's Smash. Miiverse is also flooded with posts about Smash in all possible places. Volume over substance.

jariw

OneBagTravel

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I fail? I'd say I nailed it.

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Finally, I'll point out I loved both the original (N64) and Melee.

3DS version isn't nostalgic enough for you. The controls would be different because it's a hand held. If you went into purchasing it expecting anything else, then that's your own fault.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

UGXwolf

OneBagTravel wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I fail? I'd say I nailed it.

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Finally, I'll point out I loved both the original (N64) and Melee.

3DS version isn't nostalgic enough for you. The controls would be different because it's a hand held. If you went into purchasing it expecting anything else, then that's your own fault.

Nope, I'm gonna have to agree with you here. The limited amount of content (which is still quite a bit of content, might I add) was to be expected. Same goes for the circle pad (I'd say this is the exact opposite of a nub, but ok) which was already imprecise to begin with. We knew from the outset that the controls could only be so good, and besides, there was a free demo. You could have tried it for yourself.

Now I personally didn't feel that the 3DS Version was a waste of money. I just think gamers are getting too entitled. Smash Wii U has an absolutely absurd amount of content. $60 is a steal, if you ask me. $40 for Smash 3DS? Seems to match up quite well to me.

If you were expecting way more than Smash 3DS could possibly offer, that's your own fault.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

I think Olimar's been buffed. At least I feel his Pikmin Side-Smash covers a fair bit more ground.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

I think Olimar's been buffed. At least I feel his Pikmin Side-Smash covers a fair bit more ground.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate Olimar getting buffed because my friend uses Olimar, and if he gets buffed it makes him harder to win... My Captain Falcon will still do the job though hehe

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Wait... what is the exact time the game is getting released? I thought it was midnight est, but now it looks like it might have been moved a couple of hours earlier?

Pootypie

Yoshi

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Wait... what is the exact time the game is getting released? I thought it was midnight est, but now it looks like it might have been moved a couple of hours earlier?

Midnight Eastern Time, Thursday night/Friday morning....like it's always been.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Pootypie

brewsky wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Oh ok I thought it changed according to the timer on smashboards... anyways that means it comes out 7am for me, that's good!

Pootypie

Pootypie

Spoony_Tech wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

brewsky wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Oh ok I thought it changed according to the timer on smashboards... anyways that means it comes out 7am for me, that's good!

7am? Do you live in Hawaii?

Even if you do that don't seem right. Your math must be off.

GMT+2 lol

Pootypie

Pootypie

Spoony_Tech wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

brewsky wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

7am? Do you live in Hawaii?

Even if you do that don't seem right. Your math must be off.

GMT+2 lol

Still doesn't seem right at all.

https://www.google.com.eg/search?q=est+and+gmt+difference&...

Pootypie

Pootypie

The quote is getting big, @Spoony_Tech I am GMT+2 so add 2 hours to that...

Pootypie

Spoony_Tech

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

The quote is getting big, @Spoony_Tech I am GMT+2 so add 2 hours to that...

It all makes sense now. Now I'll go delete some of those quotes lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Maelstrom

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate Olimar getting buffed because my friend uses Olimar, and if he gets buffed it makes him harder to win... My Captain Falcon will still do the job though hehe

Nope. Smashboards confirmed it multiple times. With 95% of this stuff, it's just placebo.
and this:
If anyone wants to do a knockback comparison on a character's move, all you need is 2 sd cards. One with patch 1.0.4 and the other with an older patch. All you have to do is set lvl 1 cpu Mario's damage to 150% (for more accurate data) and at the start of the match use the move you want to test on Mario once and quit the match. Look through stats in the results screen and find Max Launcher Speed and write that number down. Do this for every move you want to test. After you have all your data written down, turn off the game and insert the other sd card. Do the same tests on lvl 1 Mario and compare your results. This way is much more accurate than using kill percents for finding a moves new knockback.

Edited on by Maelstrom

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

CapeSmash

I wake up, and there's a new Smash update.

Life is kinda cool sometimes.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic