Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,321 to 18,340 of 27,917

VoodooTrumpet

Although I had a Gamecube and Wii I never played SSB on either and now I'm wondering whether I should get the Wii U version or not. I'm not that big a fan of beat-em-ups typically (although I was fond of the latest Mortal Kombat) but I do appreciate that SSB is supposed to be more fun and light-hearted.

Is is somewhat similar to Powerstone on the Dreamcast? I loved those games.

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Joeynator3000

Yellowtails wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

You know what I'm kinda worried about for smash 4? Weather or not you can us more than one pokeball at a time. I know that 3ds version can only support one at a time, probably due to limitations, but is the wii u version going to follow the same fate for balancing reasons. I remember seeing more than one pokeball from the greninja trailer and e3 demo, but not in recent footage. Maybe 8 player smash is to blame if only one mon can be on the field at a time.What do you guys think?

God I hope not. Though it probably won't be as insane as Melee. I would just go to Training for no other reason than to spawn a ton of Pokemon.

I'm think it'll be just like Brawl, where you can have 3 at a time. I also notice that a Pokemon and Assist Trophy can be out at the same time again, which isn't possible on the 3DS.

If that's the case with just 3 Pokemon at a time, then that would be disappointing.

Was fine with it in Brawl, especially since it also introduced Assist Trophies.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DreamyViridi

It's amazing how a previously hated character is rather likable now. Nobody would still want to do this now... Would they?
Untitled

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

@DreamyViridi: Personally, making the dog from Duck Hunt likable will go down as one of Masahiro Sakurai's achievements.

I really like the trailer!

I honestly think that if anyone looks at that trailer, and STILL hates the Duck Hunt Dog, then they have a serious problem.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MsJubilee

NintendoFan64 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

DreamyViridi: Personally, making the dog from Duck Hunt likable will go down as one of Masahiro Sakurai's achievements.

I really like the trailer!

I honestly think that if anyone looks at that trailer, and STILL hates the Duck Hunt Dog, then they have a serious problem.

Who can hate that cute dog and that adorable duck after that trailer?I can't.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

LzWinky

Duck Hunt is a troll

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Undead_terror

NintyMan wrote:

Actually, I'd say Duck Hunt's trailer is now my favorite newcomer trailer followed by Rosalina & Luma's.

It's nice to see a Duck Hunt stage too!

I wish the 3DS got the Duck Hunt stage as well...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

MsJubilee

WaLzgi wrote:

Duck Hunt is a troll

A very cute one.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NintendoFan64

'Game not compatible with zapper'. Yeah, well it SHOULD be!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MegaStoneSmash91

The Direct was excellent all around for sure, but the Duck Hunt trailer was definitely one of the high points for me. I watched it about 5 more times after the Direct ended. So many entertaining moments, and I love the sound of that Duck Hunt music!

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pootypie

Now I want to be able to main Duck Hunt...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

VoodooTrumpet

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

Although I had a Gamecube and Wii I never played SSB on either and now I'm wondering whether I should get the Wii U version or not. I'm not that big a fan of beat-em-ups typically (although I was fond of the latest Mortal Kombat) but I do appreciate that SSB is supposed to be more fun and light-hearted.

Bump...

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

jump

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

Bump...

Yes and no, Powerstone was an arena fighting game but Smash is 2D things like picking up power ups and interacting with the stage is in Smash but the main difference between Smash and other fighting games is the goal is to knock people off the stage rather than depleting their health.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

luisesteban

I don't know who is the cuttest, the dog or the duck?

luisesteban

Yoshi_Prime

Another interesting stage, and another one for my favorite character. Can't wait!

Yoshi_Prime

The_Ninja

That DH trailer.. seriously, all trailers are epic, but none beats this one.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Inkling

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Commander Video trophy

I've noticed that loads of indie trophies are in Smash 4

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Captain_Toad

Heh, Nice of Nintendo...Sakurai...Whatever to acknowledge the indies and commander video in that direct. Pretty sweet.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic