Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,101 to 18,120 of 27,917

Blast

NintyMan wrote:

Prima's Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U guide cover:
Untitled

WOW

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

lkm

1000 Pages in this forum !!!!!!!!

Edited on by lkm

lkm

vonboy89

I'm guessing since you can make such big levels, that stage builder stages will support 8 players? Has anyone found confirmation of this? don't remember seeng it in any press videos.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

LucinaSmash

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Classic mode in the Wii U version is set up like a battle coliseum with multiple fighters teamed up with each other. Move your trophy and join in anywhere you want. You can see faint images of stages on the platform--the number of fighters clustered on those images indicates the number of fighters you'll face. As you can see, this feature leverages the fact that the game supports multiplayer with up to eight players."
Untitled
"After each battle, the fighters that lost get blown away!! The fighters remaining on the field will once again team up with other fighters on the field. You can actually choose fighters you've blown away to join your team in team battles. A rival will always appear in this mode, and the longer that character survives, the stronger it will get."

Classic mode looks really improve. I was sick and tired of Classic mode in Brawl, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong in Rumble Falls every time for me

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Pootypie

vonboy89 wrote:

I'm guessing since you can make such big levels, that stage builder stages will support 8 players? Has anyone found confirmation of this? don't remember seeng it in any press videos.

I'm pretty sure it does depending on the stage

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Oh my! Supposed dlc leak!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNhYHPAhhg
Most likely fake, but I kinda wanna hear what you guys think of it.

1) The character placement makes no sense

1a. Why would they have made the clone corner and then just decided to put the clones back with their respective franchises?

1b. The roster as it currently is, is set up by franchise debut date and separated out into four groups, being multi-character franchises, single-character franchises, ex-costume clones, and 3rd party characters. With this in mind, move the Kirby series to the fifth row makes absolutely no sense as Kirby came out before Star Fox and Poke'mon. Similarly, moving Duck Hunt and Rob to the sixth row is also nonsensical. Isaac shouldn't be to the right of Shulk, as Golden Sun came out well before Xenoblade Chronicles.

2) All of the characters in the current Smash Bros. roster have gradients in their backgrounds. All of these seem to fade to white towards the top of their icon. So why is it that all of the DLC characters just have one solid color? Design-wise, it would serve no purpose and graphically, it looks awful. Sakurai wouldn't likely do this.

3) Wolf and Isaac's character icons are zoomed out. Why are you showing more of them than you do of other characters.

Until I see Waddle Dee and Isaac in action, I'm convinced this is a very unconvincing fake.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Oh my! Supposed dlc leak!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNhYHPAhhg
Most likely fake, but I kinda wanna hear what you guys think of it.

1) The character placement makes no sense

1a. Why would they have made the clone corner and then just decided to put the clones back with their respective franchises?

1b. The roster as it currently is, is set up by franchise debut date and separated out into four groups, being multi-character franchises, single-character franchises, ex-costume clones, and 3rd party characters. With this in mind, move the Kirby series to the fifth row makes absolutely no sense as Kirby came out before Star Fox and Poke'mon. Similarly, moving Duck Hunt and Rob to the sixth row is also nonsensical. Isaac shouldn't be to the right of Shulk, as Golden Sun came out well before Xenoblade Chronicles.

2) All of the characters in the current Smash Bros. roster have gradients in their backgrounds. All of these seem to fade to white towards the top of their icon. So why is it that all of the DLC characters just have one solid color? Design-wise, it would serve no purpose and graphically, it looks awful. Sakurai wouldn't likely do this.

3) Wolf and Isaac's character icons are zoomed out. Why are you showing more of them than you do of other characters.

Until I see Waddle Dee and Isaac in action, I'm convinced this is a very unconvincing fake.

I asked him to show the bottom of his screen, let's see if he will reply :3

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

lkm

Yellowtails wrote:

WaveWarlock wrote:

So which controller will you guys be using? I'm kind of torn between the new Wii U Pro controller and GCN pad.....I honestly don't like the idea of once again using the GCN controller....I want something NEW, to give it that true next gen feel and the Wii U pro controller might just be it regardless if the 4 face buttons are crunched in the lower right side. I love the feel of the triggers over the sloppy push sensitive GCN ones and the entire Wii U Pro controller overall just feels more polished, cleaner and tactile.....AND it's wireless...But far less unique, obviously adopting the XBOX 360 controllers design with a superior Nintendo touch and both analog triggers being at the top.

I'll most likely map the jump buttons to B & A, and use the X for main attack and Y for special attack. But blugh, I mean....then again, it just feels sooo good pressing that big A button on the GCN controller. ahhhh vhat to do!

Probably gamecube controller if I ever get the adapter. (Or Wii U for that matter)

(Side note: I've posted the 20,000 comment, but it's the 19,999th reply.... Yay.....I think)

You didnt post the 20,000 comment it is actually 19,993 comment

lkm

Blast

That DLC video showing Bananda Dee and Wolf and others is FAKE Those DLC characters have too small of faces and its obvious. Mewtwo is still in development!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pootypie

Brb deleting some comments

EDIT: Hehe

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

lkm

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Brb deleting some comments

EDIT: Hehe

We all know you been deleting all those comments

lkm

CapeSmash

Classic mode doesn't seem like Classic mode anymore. They should have ripped the one from the 3DS version, and make this new Classic mode a separate mode with a different name.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

Hoenn region confirmed guyz. I have this video of a still shot to prove it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

The menu music for Smash Bros. Wii U that sounds a little different, as well as a few menus.

I like it, I also like the background as well

Pootypie

Pootypie

Yellowtails wrote:

Classic mode isn't "classic" anymore.

Don't jump into conclusions, you didn't even try it yet. Also does that really matter?

Pootypie

Nintendo6400

I do like the background of the menu in the wii u version along with the animated character select screen background. Although my eyes sorta a feel irritated when transitions to white. Does anyone else have that problem, or is that just me?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Azooooz

Yellowtails wrote:

Classic mode isn't "classic" anymore.

Fighting against series of opponents then defeating Master Hand and Crazy Hand is a classic to me.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

NintendoFan64

Blast wrote:

That DLC video showing Bananda Dee and Wolf and others is FAKE Those DLC characters have too small of faces and its obvious. Mewtwo is still in development!!!

The most realistic looking one was Bandana Dee. Everything else was just...fake. Still, it's definitely more realistic than other leaks I've seen.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic