Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,081 to 18,100 of 27,917

CapeSmash

Nintendo6400 wrote:

think the best update they could give the hard core smashes, aka melee fans, is the ability to switch between melee and brawl style air dodges through special smash. Alol the could add a hit stun ratio as well.

YES 100% YES! Of course, Nintendo fans would be against this because they hate options and the competitive scene.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

SparkOfSpirit

SockoMario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Not sure what the game would gain from offering Melee's air dodge mechanic (which was horrible)

How was it "horrible"? At least in Melee you couldn't spam air dodge repeatedly.

More options = worse?

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

jariw

TeeJay wrote:

Henmii wrote:

As for the opening, this is my opinion:

1: Melee. Awesome cinematic
2: N64. Nice cinematic
3: Brawl. Starts strong with a cinematic piece, then just goes to small snippets of other included cutscenes. Not very inspired.
4: Wii u. No real cinematic. Just gameplay snippets and some snippets from reveal-trailers
5: 3DS. Just a slideshow.

Took the words right out of my, um, fingertips. I would rank them the same for the same reasons.

So melee's and N64's openings have no analysis, other than "awesome" and "nice"?

I watched the Meele and N64 opening for the first time ever now.

For Meele, that opening doesn't explain anything what the game is about. In fact, it would be easy to just remove the "Melee" text at the start and then replace the last 10 seconds with "Amiiiiibooooo", and there would be a trailer that would work equally well for Amiibo. The presentation of each character is stylish and each character presentation gets good time to evolve, though.

The N64 is excellent in its story telling, and it also explains very well what the game is about. It also connects to the master hand.

To me, it's irrelevant where the source material for the Wii U opening cinematic comes from, since the opening is different to the source material. The Wii U opening is a much more fast-paced game opening compared to all the others, it explains the gameplay, presents a large roster without being too chaotic. It also fixes the many pacing issues that the Brawl opening has.

jariw

theWAITisOVER

Melee DLC and Brawl DLC

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

FriedSquid

I really have no complaints with the opening. I mean, sure, it would have been cool to see something more like Melee's opening, but with all the newcomer videos, who honestly expected them to not re-use that material?

Anyways, it's at least twice as good as Brawl's opening. It might seem like a lazy effort but I think the music and clips all fit together much better than they did in Brawl's.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Aviator

jariw wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Henmii wrote:

As for the opening, this is my opinion:

1: Melee. Awesome cinematic
2: N64. Nice cinematic
3: Brawl. Starts strong with a cinematic piece, then just goes to small snippets of other included cutscenes. Not very inspired.
4: Wii u. No real cinematic. Just gameplay snippets and some snippets from reveal-trailers
5: 3DS. Just a slideshow.

Took the words right out of my, um, fingertips. I would rank them the same for the same reasons.

So melee's and N64's openings have no analysis, other than "awesome" and "nice"?

I watched the Meele and N64 opening for the first time ever now.

For Meele, that opening doesn't explain anything what the game is about. In fact, it would be easy to just remove the "Melee" text at the start and then replace the last 10 seconds with "Amiiiiibooooo", and there would be a trailer that would work equally well for Amiibo. The presentation of each character is stylish and each character presentation gets good time to evolve, though.

The N64 is excellent in its story telling, and it also explains very well what the game is about. It also connects to the master hand.

To me, it's irrelevant where the source material for the Wii U opening cinematic comes from, since the opening is different to the source material. The Wii U opening is a much more fast-paced game opening compared to all the others, it explains the gameplay, presents a large roster without being too chaotic. It also fixes the many pacing issues that the Brawl opening has.

Smash Bros is a story game?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

jariw

Aviator wrote:

Smash Bros is a story game?

The Subspace Emissary was, if that's what you're looking for.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Pootypie

Wow 1000 pages!

EDIT: YAY! I'm in the 1000th page! I know I'm just that awesome.

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Eel

Eh, the big highlight about the WiiU's opening is that for the first time Jigglypuff is featured in the opening of a smash game as a fighter. (And it's not for a split second).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gridatttack

I wonder if people would have liked the intro better if they didnt saw any of the newcomer trailers.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Pootypie

3 more weeks left!!!! I seriously can't wait for the game...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Screenshot

@Morpheel was Jigglypuff not in melee's opening once they were unlocked?

Proud owner of a New 3DS Ambassador Edition
Previously known as: SlicingScyther

Nintendo Network ID: Blastoise286

Eel

SlicingScyther wrote:

@Morpheel was Jigglypuff not in melee's opening once they were unlocked?

It's a short cameo in the part when the pokemon series is represented.

It literally just pops out of the corner and the camera focuses on it for less than a second. Similar to the Intro of the first game.

In this one it appears as a fighter. Even if it's just normal gameplay footage...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Inkling

1000 pages

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Azooooz

A celebration for a 1000th page!!

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

NintendoFan64

Oh, I see we reached the 1000 page mark. Good.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

WaveWarlock wrote:

So which controller will you guys be using? I'm kind of torn between the new Wii U Pro controller and GCN pad.....I honestly don't like the idea of once again using the GCN controller....I want something NEW, to give it that true next gen feel and the Wii U pro controller might just be it regardless if the 4 face buttons are crunched in the lower right side. I love the feel of the triggers over the sloppy push sensitive GCN ones and the entire Wii U Pro controller overall just feels more polished, cleaner and tactile.....AND it's wireless...But far less unique, obviously adopting the XBOX 360 controllers design with a superior Nintendo touch and both analog triggers being at the top.

I'll most likely map the jump buttons to B & A, and use the X for main attack and Y for special attack. But blugh, I mean....then again, it just feels sooo good pressing that big A button on the GCN controller. ahhhh vhat to do!

Either Gamepad or Wii U Pro Controller, I have a brother and we only have one Wii U Pro Controller so we have to buy another

Pootypie

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

A look at the stage builder:

Nice to see there's at least five backgrounds to choose. That's what I wanted.

I guess backgrounds and more objects for the editor are unlockables. Even Pullblox World have unlockable editor content.

jariw

NintendoFan64

Yellowtails wrote:

The Wii U's opening can only be better than Brawl's opening.

It at least has that going for it.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic