Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,121 to 18,140 of 27,917

SparkOfSpirit

How is classic mode not classic? You fight seven battles and then fight Master Hand at the end.

The only difference is the presentation.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Henmii

"So melee's and N64's openings have no analysis, other than "awesome" and "nice"?"

I should have explained that more. I like it when developers make a cool cinematic especially for a opening. Like the Banjo Kazooie intro. Or the Melee intro, wich had a real Disney flair. Just taking some gameplay footage/footage from reveal-trailers/stills feels very lazy in comparison. Yeah, gameplay footage may give a better impression of what's it all about, but for that we have attract mode! However, I am very happy that all the reveal-trailers will be in the final game (Wii u version). Looks like they persuaded Sakurai (or he changed his mind). And there will also be demo's of the featured franchises in the game (Wii u version), while I heard before that wouldn't be the case. Maybe there will also be a Chronicle after all?

Henmii

CapeSmash

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Blast wrote:

That DLC video showing Bananda Dee and Wolf and others is FAKE Those DLC characters have too small of faces and its obvious. Mewtwo is still in development!!!

The most realistic looking one was Bandana Dee. Everything else was just...fake. Still, it's definitely more realistic than other leaks I've seen.

Bandana Dee's artwork in that video is just his normal artwork. Nothing about it is realistic at all.

Untitled

NintyMan wrote:

@Henmii: Sakurai said last year that the movies would be unlockable from the start and can be watched right away.

Just saying, he specifically said that about Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man.

Yellowtails wrote:

Well, it's not the same mode as the previous ones (even though Brawl's version sucked) so they should have named it something else. It does look interesting though.

I agree. And yeah, Brawl's Classic mode sucked. Why? Because it was sooooo long, boring, and the loading times were pretty bad.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Crimzonlogic

Henmii wrote:

... Just taking some gameplay footage/footage from reveal-trailers/stills feels very lazy in comparison. ...

Sure, but look at it this way: Time and money not spent on the intro was spent on making the actual game.

...Whoa, over 1000 pages. This thread should be gilded now.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

LucinaSmash

Using Chrome browser to watch Smash Bros Wii U Nintendo Direct at 1080p in 60fps (new to Youtube). It works, it's like I'm watching the video from the Nintendo eShop

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

CapeSmash

LucinaSmash wrote:

Using Chrome browser to watch Smash Bros Wii U Nintendo Direct at 1080p in 60fps (new to Youtube). It works, it's like I'm watching the video from the Nintendo eShop

Chrome??? Crap, when's 60fps coming to Firefox??

Smash Mains:

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Not sure what the game would gain from offering Melee's air dodge mechanic (which was horrible)

How was it "horrible"? At least in Melee you couldn't spam air dodge repeatedly.

I don't see how this is a bad thing and you couldn't really "spam" it. You could do it more than once, but you were plenty vulnerable inbetween dodges.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

I think it would be really cool if there was Pac-Man World music in Smash. Pac-Man World 2 was on GameCube, after all.

The final boss music would be great. Seriously, that's the one Pacman track I want the most. Also, @sockomario I forgot about the artwork. I gotta say, Saturday's probably going to be interesting, seeing as I think we've all agreed that this leak is complete bullcrap. Let's see just what the leaker shows, it's probably going to be hilarious.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

SockoMario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Not sure what the game would gain from offering Melee's air dodge mechanic (which was horrible)

How was it "horrible"? At least in Melee you couldn't spam air dodge repeatedly.

It is horrible because you can't jump or use up-B after using it and could only dodge once in air until landing. You can't spam air dodge in Smash 4, you are vulnerable inbetween dodges in Smash 4. The only nice thing about Melee's air dodge is that you can travel a small amount of distance while using it. The physics in Smash 4 are different meaning the wave dashing glitch probably wouldn't occur. Just think about how often you used air dodge in Melee (not wave dashing) compared to Smash 4.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CapeSmash

DefHalan wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Just think about how often you used air dodge in Melee (not wave dashing) compared to Smash 4.

Come to think of it... I rarely use air dodging in the Smash games. It's incredibly situational, but that's not to say I don't use it. I just don't use it a whole lot. Also, I kind of find Melee's air dodge a little more helpful (not because of wavedashing).

Smash Mains:

MsJubilee

Hmm i wonder if i still have my copy of melee?You guys talking about it makes me want to play it again for some reason.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

midnafanboy wrote:

Hmm i wonder if i still have my copy of melee?You guys talking about it makes me want to play it again for some reason.

Only play it for nostalgia purposes, or to get in the competitive scene. Other than those things, there's really no need to go back to it.

Smash Mains:

Gridatttack

You know. I recently stumbled upon this fake 'brawl' roster image I remember seeing looooooooong ago.

Untitled

I cant help by noticing that it has 8 player listing like in 8 player smash.

Something I long ago thought it was just ridiculous.

My, how times have changed...

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Pootypie

Gridatttack wrote:

You know. I recently stumbled upon this fake 'brawl' roster image I remember seeing looooooooong ago.

Untitled

Dude!!! It has Star Wars!!!!!!!!!!! So legit!!!!!!!@!!!11!!111!!!!!!!!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

Gridatttack wrote:

Untitled

Oh,hey! I remember that!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

Actually, that is Melee's roster expanded

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Inkling

Untitled

This is the demo icon for that leak.

If you can't read it, it says Super Smash Bros: DLC Demo Version

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Crimzonlogic

Look at all the blur. I thought my glasses suddenly fogged up. It's probably to cover up the editing and fake text added to it.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Zerodactyl

Crimzonlogic wrote:

Look at all the blur. I thought my glasses suddenly fogged up. It's probably to cover up the editing and fake text added to it.

Either that or the person was using a pretty rubbish camera, like mine.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic