Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,581 to 17,600 of 27,917

SparkOfSpirit

Kongo Jungle makes me hopeful for other returning Smash 64 stages. Saffron City, Peach's Castle, Dream Land, or Hyrule Castle would be highly welcome.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eel

Aw I wish the 3DS could've gotten a retro stage from smash 64 too.

<cough>Saffron City<cough>

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sir_Diabeetus

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Legitimately pissed a bit that Megaman isn't referred to as Blue Bomber.

Untitled
WHY IS IT SO GENERIC? This is honestly irking the living heck out of me. Come one Nintendo!

They should have refer Mega Man as a Super Fighting Robot.

EDIT: Fix'd

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

MasterWario

Man I can't wait to actually make stages. Like I'm overwhelmingly excited. 8-player smash is amazing, I'm excited for the DK stage, and all these new features are cool. But at the end of the day, nothing could have made me more dumbfounded and amazed than being able to draw stages exactly the way I want it. Yeah they'll be some limitations, but I cannot wait to build that King K. Rool ship stage I could never really do in Brawl, or any other stage for that matter.

The hype, is real. BRING ON THE SMASH!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

shingi_70

Was going to get a new tablet come Christmas but Mab this game sends me over board.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CapeSmash

The ONLY thing I don't like about Smash Wii U is Smash Tour. What is this?? Miis running around on a party board? What is this casual crap? Such an abomination. It's just a poor man's version of Smash Run. Although, Special Orders looks great, but I'm not sure what to think about the new Classic mode.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Mikes

SockoMario wrote:

The ONLY thing I don't like about Smash Wii U is Smash Tour. What is this?? Miis running around on a party board? What is this casual crap? Such an abomination. It's just a poor man's version of Smash Run. Although, Special Orders looks great, but I'm not sure what to think about the new Classic mode.

Ouch. Why not give it a chance? We haven't tried it, yet. You might like it.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

LzWinky

SockoMario wrote:

I'm not sure what to think about your premature judgments

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MegaStoneSmash91

Anyone who ever doubted the Wii U version should now be silenced. You wanted info? The game's announcer (so cool) gave you info. 8-players, new stages, new modes, much improved Trophy Photo mode, drawing on screenshots, tons of music, better Masterpieces, etc. The Stage Builder was something especially exciting. I knew it would be included, but I never thought it would have been done this well. Being able to actually draw out what you want will be soooooo awesome, and it appears the background and stage feature choices are much better now. I couldn't be more pleased with how that Direct went.

Oh, and Mewtwo is in the works? It's not particularly interesting for me, but I am glad nonetheless. This could mean other possible characters will be added later, and maybe stages as well.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Sir_Diabeetus

StaticWind wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Ouch. Why not give it a chance? We haven't tried it, yet. You might like it.

This.

CapeSmash

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

I would probably hate it less if it wasn't just Miis.

Smash Mains:

Joeynator3000

Um, you pick up other fighters during the Tour and use them at the final battle, it's not just Miis. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Sir_Diabeetus

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

So? Do you think Miis are going to ruin the mode itself? Do I hear anyone giving a hoot about Miis in this mode? No. I only hear you giving a hoot about this mode, just because of Miis.

NintendoFan64

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but given your attitude towards them, I'm getting this hunch that you're not a fan of the Miis. Because of that, I must ask this: why? I mean, I'm not trying to insult you, I just would like to know why you don't like them.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CapeSmash

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but given your attitude towards them, I'm getting this hunch that you're not a fan of the Miis. Because of that, I must ask this: why? I mean, I'm not trying to insult you, I just would like to know why you don't like them.

I like Miis, I just wish you could use the fighters on the board instead of them.

Also, I hate how the mode is on the main menu. Put that in games and more.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

LzWinky

Except the Miis work better for this purpose since you collect fighters as you play the mode

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

WaLzgi wrote:

Except the Miis work better for this purpose since you collect fighters as you play the mode

Oh, so you collect fighters? Didn't know that...

Smash Mains:

KO-Cub

WiiU has so much to offer. I have to get it. I don't think I could play smash on the 3ds all of this console gen knowing I could have more fun with the WiiU.
I kinda guessed 8-Player smash would just be hectic playes on a massive edited stage. Stage editor too. I thought it would happen. But everything else... Mind blown to be honest. I truelly am. Trailers are beast. new modes. Look, just ditto @MegaStoneSmash91 comment.
Only one thing I'm butthurt about. Mewtwo I don't care about, but being Pay to Win (In my view) "Yeah, buy both versions and get it free. Why? becuase you have money." That's the only thing that pisses me off in the entire direct. I just wanna learn the moveset, weaknesses and advantages of a new character and I have too waste almost $270 to do that. People buy both Pokemon X and Y, Pearl and Diamond and Black and White versions and don't get anything special. Probably in the end they'll go, "$4, 95 for Mewtwo on eshop" anyway.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic