Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,561 to 17,580 of 27,917

FriedSquid

So this rocky nighttime area with the full moon that's in Mega Man/Bowser Jr.'s trailers... I think it could make a cool stage! It would be simple but I think it could look really cool with the moon as a backdrop.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CapeSmash

I'm not buying a 2DS anymore. Portability is overrated, and the 3DS is overrated.

Oh yeah, never visting Smashboards again. Too many psychopathes.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Budda

Silly question now... Sorry.. But..
Doesn't the announcer sounds like 'Maximilian Pegasus' from Yu-Gi-Oh some times in the stream-video? xD
No seriously. He totally reminds me of him. lol Dunno why.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Joeynator3000

What stage is that at the very bottom? I mean, you'd think that's where the "Random" option would be, but it looks like the Main Menu. lol
Imagine having a battle on the main menu, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

e-love

They brought back the Wii Animal Crossing stage even though the new one is basically the same thing?
Am I seeing that correctly?

I'm so hyped for this game though.

8 PLAYER SMASH. FOX ONLY. NO ITEMS. FINAL DESTINATION.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Joruus_Cbaoth

NintyMan wrote:

What do you guys think about the board game mode? Haven't seen anyone talk about that yet.

I

It's garbage if that is the true potential of the game.

Joruus_Cbaoth

MasterWario

What's that stage that looks like the Paper Mario Stage but clearly isn't the Paper Mario Stage? The one with the windmill.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Joeynator3000

MasterWario wrote:

What's that stage that looks like the Paper Mario Stage but clearly isn't the Paper Mario Stage?

Could be a Paper Mario stage. lol

Either that or Yoshi's Story/Wooly World.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Grumblevolcano

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

For the person asking about the N64 Dk stage you can see it here.

Untitled
First in third row. Hype.

Ok, so a separate screenshot different from the trailer confirmed that and Smashville but for some reason doesn't show the new DK stage.

EDIT: Ignore my comment, it was just moved up to the 2nd row.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CapeSmash

Xiao_Pai wrote:

What stage is that at the very bottom? I mean, you'd think that's where the "Random" option would be, but it looks like the Main Menu. lol
Imagine having a battle on the main menu, lol

It's just menu music.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Joeynator3000

....I knew that. >_>
hides

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Allx360

Personally the only thing that was disappointing was the new DK stage, I was hoping for something based on DKC2 or DKC 3 so it being another generic jungle stage from my opinion the weakest DKC game is kind of sad. Hopefully we will get a remix of forest interlude.

PK Hype!

MasterWario

I'm glad Luigi's Mansion is returning. It can be annoying at times but its nice to see representation for the Luigi's Mansion series.

@Allx360 Well I for one am really glad to see a returns stage. Returns and Tropical Freeze were great games and really deserved to be represented, and I do like the design compared to just about every other DK stage. That being said, the Factory, Beach, or Prehistoric worlds might have made a much better rep.

Also those screaming totem poles are in the stage so that's awesome!

Honestly what I feel is really disappointing is the return of 75m.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Allx360

@MasterWario
If they wanted to have a stage based on a new DKC stage then they should've based it on Tropical freeze. Sawmill thrill stage anyone?

PK Hype!

Grumblevolcano

Allx360 wrote:

@MasterWario
If they wanted to have a stage based on a new DKC stage then they should've based it on Tropical freeze. Sawmill thrill stage anyone?

I was confused as well for why they chose Returns over Tropical Freeze, especially as Mario Kart 8's Mario Circuit is a stage.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sir_Diabeetus

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

jariw wrote:

This was an entertaining post on the SmashBoards (post #10 in the thread):

"That gamecube controller and those HD graphics will sell you literally anything, huh? Look at it objectively: Smash Wii U is full of really awful looking game modes and extra bells and whistles you'll use all of twice before noticing how stupid they are. Wow! More stages! Except 95% of them will be awful, riddled with annoying hazards and be useful only for another different looking Final Destination. Even Gaur Plains has somehow been made worse with the addition of Metal Face.

3DS version is the superior version. If I want to play against someone in Smash, I don't have to say "hey come over to my place later and we'll play Smash", I can just whip the 3DS out and we can play. It's the same reason that Pokemon is successful. Honestly, there shouldn't even be a Wii U version. Mewtwo will just end up being like $2.99 on the eShop a week after he goes live anyway. "

http://smashboards.com/threads/i-kinda-feel-like-the-3ds-vers...

The butthurt is real. And, just as I suspected, on SmashBoards. That place needs to die.

Not a big surprise. Few of the people aren't always like this on SmashBoards.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Allx360

@grumblevolcano

Especially with us already having kongo jungle N64 to fulfill the jungle stage need having another based on a wii game and not the most recent one is mystifying.

PK Hype!

ThePirateCaptain

Here is a list of every confirmed stage so far as well as my thoughts on them:

• Final Destination - As basic as they come, though it does look neat.
  • Battlefield/Big Battlefield - Simple, but quite fun. I'm looking forward to trying the larger version.
  • Mario Galaxy - The wait was worth it, as the music, visuals, and layout are all superb.
  • Mushroom Kingdom U - Looks like it has some good variety without being too intrusive to the fighting.
  • Mario Circuit - They could have picked a more interesting track from Mario Kart 8, but I'm sure it will still be good.
  • Mario Circuit (Brawl) - Pretty hectic with all the racers coming at you. I'm neutral on it coming back.
  • Luigi's Mansion (Brawl) - One of my favorite stages from Brawl remade in HD, no complaints here.
  • Delfino Plaza (Brawl) - I always liked this stage an how it traveled around Isle Delfino, glad to see it back.
  • Skyloft - Looks like it borrows from Delfino Plaza and carries you around to different parts of Skyloft via a platform. One of the stages I'm most excited for personally.
  • Temple (Melee) - I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. It can be good fun at times and is big without being too big.
  • Bridge of Eldin (Brawl) - Probably my most played stage in Brawl. Really glad to see it's returning, now if only we could get Pirate Ship too...
  • Yoshi's Island (Melee) - Always felt a little too cramped to me.
  • 75m (Brawl) - Really? Just why, Hanenbow was way more fun than this.
  • Jungle Hijinx - Jumping between foreground and background seems pretty cool, though I do wonder how if will effect you when actually playing.
  • Pyrosphere - I love the look of the stage and how they implemented Ridley, even if he does seem overpowered.
  • Norfair (Brawl) - The constant battle to stay alive by avoiding the waves of lava while still battling your foes is really crazy and fun.
  • The Great Cave Offensive - Looks really unique and well layed out, especially for a large stage. Color me intrigued.
  • Halberd (Brawl) - That music. The way the ship fires its weapons at you while you fight is neat as well.
  • Orbital Gate Assault - The setpiece is breathtaking, and I think this will easily end up as my favorite Star Fox stage.
  • Lylat Cruise (Brawl) - Again, I think the stage is just too small. It's not as bad as others though.
  • Port Town Aero Dive (Brawl) - Aside from the ugly brown background, it's the perfect F-Zero stage.
  • Kalos Pokemon League - Somewhat glad it's not another Pokemon Stadium and something unique instead.
  • Onett (Melee) - Nice, colorful, cheery, bright, perfect for beating up your friends.
  • Coliseum - Interesting choice for a Fire Emblem stage. Looks like it plays well though.
  • Castle Seige (Brawl) - Can't really complain about the Coliseum since we get this stage as well.
  • Palutena's Temple - I get a lot of Temple vibes from this. Seems to be varied and interesting to battle on.
  • Skyworld (Brawl) - Nothing too special, overall pretty solid.
  • Gamer - I'm still not quite sure how this one is going to play, but it seems interesting. At least Wario Ware Inc. was in the 3DS version.
  • Garden of Hope - Finally, a stage that will do justice to Olimar. Anything would be better than Distant Planet.
  • Town and City - Straightforward smashing here.
  • Smashville (Brawl) - I'm a bit confused as to why this came back when it looks so similar to Town and City as well as Final Destination. I'll take the Animal Crossing motif over Final Destination any day.
  • Boxing Ring - Seems simple at a first glance, but has some nice touches.
  • Wii Fit Studio - Wii Fit Trainer will be unstoppable in her dojo!
  • Guar Plain - I like the look of the stage, but the lower platforms are just too small for my tastes.
  • Pilotwings - What's cooler that fighting on the wings of two planes as they fly far above the ground?
  • Windy Hill Zone - Looks like a lot of fun to play on and way better tan Green Hill Zone.
  • Wily Castle - The Yellow Devil is a nice tough, otherwise, pretty basic.
  • Pac Land - As long as it's better than Pac Maze.
  • Wuhu Island - I admit, I have a soft spot for Wuhu Island. I'm really excited to see it making a return once again.
  • Wrecking Crew - Rather unexpected, but it could turn out rather well. I'm guessing it will be like Mario Bros. was in Brawl.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic