Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,221 to 17,240 of 27,917

MsJubilee

Smash bros Wiiu trumps all four.Believe it friendo's

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

LzWinky

midnafanboy wrote:

Smash bros Wiiu trumps all four.Believe it friendo's

It's possible. We'll see next month

Anyway, 3DS has so many characters that I like to play:

Duck Hunt, Dedede, Wario, Luigi, Link, Toon Link, Villager, Robin, Shulk (Don't judge me), Bowser Jr., Kirby, etc. etc. etc.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Storytime7

Melee > Smash 3DS > Brawl > 64

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Blast

Will there be a Smash Wii U demo on Eshop before release? What do you guys think????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Smash 4 is the best Smash, even better than Melee

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Smash 4 taught me that Melee is horribly outdated and anyone clinging to it is in denial

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

Will there be a Smash Wii U demo on Eshop before release? What do you guys think????

I don't think so, but I also didn't think there was going to be a Smash 3DS demo

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

If there is a demo, I will rage if there are codes again >:[

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

I don't think so, but I also didn't think there was going to be a Smash 3DS demo

Agreed but a Smash 3DS demo was brilliant cuz it was a tease of what the 3DS version could do. Is a Smash Wii U demo necessary? Hmmmmm....

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

WaLzgi wrote:

If there is a demo, I will rage if there are codes again >:[

Haha XD

Master of the Hype Train

CapeSmash

WaLzgi wrote:

Smash 4 taught me that Melee is horribly outdated and anyone clinging to it is in denial

Melee still holds up pretty well to this day. If it wasn't, nobody would be playing it. Oh, and I still "cling" to Melee. I don't stick to just one Smash game (unlike most people) I try to play all of them at least once a month (because they're fun, and each one feels different).

Also, Melee has the best gameplay in the series.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

Smash 4 has nearly twice as many characters as Melee. It is objectively better

Blast

Smash Melee is the one on Gamecube, right? Yeah... Its still really fun. I'm not a diehard Melee fan at all but I will say that Melee is SOOO MUCH fun with friends. Smash Wii U is looking to keep the awesomeness from the previous Smash games and create even more fun!

Master of the Hype Train

R_Champ

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Melee still holds up pretty well to this day. If it wasn't, nobody would be playing it. Oh, and I still "cling" to Melee. I don't stick to just one Smash game (unlike most people) I try to play all of them at least once a month (because they're fun, and each one feels different).

Ehhhhhh, people keep making this claim that Melee has the best gameplay, but I don't buy it. YOU may like it best (and the dedicated elitists), but I can't stand games that mostly rely on glitches and exploits to be good. IMO Smash isn't a true fighting game anyway (it's a party-fighter). That doesn't mean it can't be competitive, but no matter how "good" melee is it gets trump from a technical standpoint by pretty much every competent fighter.

I still prefer Smash over true fighting games, but it bothers me that people keep trying to make it what it's not. I mean, how many melee fanboys are even that good? LOL, probably not many, they're just following the elitist crowd.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

CapeSmash

R_Champ wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Ehhhhhh, people keep making this claim that Melee has the best gameplay, but I don't buy it. YOU may like it best (and the dedicated elitists), but I can't stand games that mostly rely on glitches and exploits to be good. IMO Smash isn't a true fighting game anyway (it's a party-fighter). That doesn't mean it can't be competitive, but no matter how "good" melee is it gets trump from a technical standpoint by pretty much every competent fighter.

I still prefer Smash over true fighting games, but it bothers me that people keep trying to make it what it's not. I mean, how many melee fanboys are even that good? LOL, probably not many, they're just following the elitist crowd.

"If you play Melee competitively and are dedicated to it, you're an elitist." - You

It's tough being a competitive Melee player when you have people constantly ****ing on the competitive scene. This is pathetic. smh

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

Mikes

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

StaticWind wrote:

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

Also, Melee community is terrible and is just full of people who hates every Smash Bros. that's not Melee.

...B-But I like all of the games!
There's no need for that generalization, though. That isn't true.

Well. I was actually refering to few people who were "Melee try hards" and bashes someone who prefer Brawl and maybe even Smash 64. I just honestly don't see Melee as the best Smash Bros. game at all. Sure the game was fast, but seriously, I would rather 64 all day.

Also, all I'm seeing are Space animals and Marths of some of the Melee tournaments. Yes, I watched a Melee tournament match before, but I'm not surprised that people uses them, because of the "Tier List"

In fact, I do like Melee and Brawl. I just don't like some people on the Melee community.

Like I said, I prefer Smash 64 more than Melee and Brawl.

I understand. 64 is still a fun one to play. ^^
I sort of don't blame them for using high tiers. With all of the high tier characters being used, it can be pretty tough to face an experienced player with a low tier.
Man! I can understand that there's always those few people that act like idiots, but the hatred on the Melee competitive scene sucks. Geez, and I thought I hated it when some people kept bashing Brawl players...

Blast wrote:

I hope so, but if they do something like "Each Club Nintendo Platinum Member will receive three extra demos codes!", I'm going to flip some tables. I just don't have very good luck.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Yoshi

I wouldn't be opposed to having demos for platinum members if I actually got one for Smash 3DS. I got the special demo, but I was a little ticked that I didn't get selected. What's worse is that Nintendo themselves couldn't decide if the demo was intended for all platinum members or a select group, because I heard both sides straight from the horse's mouth.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

CapeSmash

Anyone remember this?

Untitled

"Just roughly..."

So what? Does this mean Smash Wii U will have a handful of exclusive Pokemon and assist trophies?

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

TEMPLE IS BACK1!!!!1111 IT LOOKS AMAZING!11!!!!!!!!!!!!111 OH11!1

AND GRAB THE COINS IS BACK OH MY AHHH!!!!!!!11

EDIT: WHAT IS THAT STAGE KIRBY IS ON!!?????

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

UGXwolf

Storytime7 wrote:

@UGXwolf You have no clue what you're talking about. Single player content in Smash is usually subpar, and most people who like Melee would prefer to have a better multiplayer game than getting a ton of content thrown into the game. Also, where do people get this idea that making a game more competitive prevents it from being fun? People who play competitively most certainly enjoy the game. Honestly, they probably enjoy it more than most people considering they put hundreds, even thousands of hours into mastering the game. Melee, despite being the most popular Smash game in the competitive scene, wasn't just for hardcore players. It was also very accessible for people who wanted to play casually, and it being the highest selling game on the GameCube is a testament to this. Competitive players didn't forget how to react to RNG, they'd just rather play a fighting game with Nintendo characters without it becoming Mario Kart.

That being said, Melee HD is unnecessary. Smash 4 has made some nice changes, and future games will probably make even more changes to find a nice balance between casual and competitive play.

I think you missed the part where I said I played Melee. It wasn't fun to me. I watched people playing it the other day and felt no different about it. I have no love for the game. You can think and feel whatever you like. My opinions don't have to be yours but I personally see no reason to like the game all that much other than because at the time, it was better than Smash 64.

Second, I think you missed the part where I singled out the lulzy people in the competitive community, because there are plenty of them that are entirely respectable about what they think and feel. It's the ones that insist time and again that if a game doesn't eliminate every element of RNG that it's a bad game that I find laughable. And don't say those don't exist. They do. I'm sure the majority of the competitive community finds them lulzy, too.

Third, Brawl and Smash 4 don't play like Mario Kart. Luck doesn't decide things nearly as often as people think they do. The better play will still win the majority of the time. To use Extra Creditz analogy, it's kind of like Poker. Yes, luck does play a big role, but it only goes so far. Not just anyone can sit down at a table with the pros and expect to walk away rich. This is why competitive Poker is played over a course of time in a number of rounds with many different people. You don't determine the best by eliminating everyone, you determine the best by throwing people in a bunch of matches and seeing who rises to the top.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic