Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,201 to 17,220 of 27,917

LzWinky

He's asking for a remake/remaster, not a Virtual Console game.

VC game may come in a year or two

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

jariw wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Now, assuming that there does end up being DLC (and I'm guessing there will be because of the 'stages you've downloaded tab found in the games files)

IMO, such a thing would refer to user-created stages, not DLC.

...I didn't think of that. I just assumed because of the word "downloaded".

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Jazzer94

WaLzgi wrote:

He's asking for a remake/remaster, not a Virtual Console game.

VC game may come in a year or two

I know he is asking for something stupid just saying Melee maybe playable on Wii U in some form.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CapeSmash

I can't say anything without getting questioned.

You guys are mean.

@Pokefraker I'm an idiot for wanting a remake? Thanks! You're so kind!

This community is so grumpy. You can't say anything without questioned or called an idiot. I would like a Melee VC release or an HD remake, what's wrong with that? I should stop visiting this place. Everyone here is so salty.

@WaLzgi I know it's not going to happen, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

FriedSquid

@SockoMario I think certain comments were uncalled for, and there's nothing wrong with wanting something to happen even if it's unlikely. But no matter where you go, you'll get a general response of "Are you crazy?" if you come out and say that you want something unlikely to happen.

For example, Ridley fans still haven't given up hope!

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

LaserdiscGal

SockoMario wrote:

I can't say anything without getting questioned.

You guys are mean.

@Pokefraker I'm an idiot for wanting a remake? Thanks! You're so kind!

This community is so grumpy. You can't say anything without questioned or called an idiot. I would like a Melee VC release or an HD remake, what's wrong with that? I should stop visiting this place. Everyone here is so salty.

@WaLzgi I know it's not going to happen, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it.

Sorry man, didn't mean to be rude! I'd certainly love to have a Melee remake, but it just seems very unlikely!

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

JunkosBoobies

I...actually want a Melee remake too.
Puts up Flame Shield
Now, before you criticize me about my opinions, I like all of the Smash games. However, if any Smash game deserves a remake, it's definitely Melee. Smash 64 is inevitably the most lacking game in the series (I understand why, but still, and if you like Smash 64, please don't comment with a rude response as I'm not being rude to you by any means) and can already can be played on Wii U via Wii Mode, Brawl doesn't need a remake just yet because it can be played in Wii Mode on Wii U (like Smash 64) and Smash 4 is still new. Melee is the only one that cannot be played on a Wii U (not counting Smash 3DS, which has a seperate version on Wii U) and Melee is the best selling Smash game to date. Think whatever you want to think, but I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

UGXwolf

I really don't get why Melee has such hardcore fans. owo I didn't like the game all that much. I played it long enough to complete all the Event Matches and unlock all the characters and stages. Then I got bored. It really didn't incentivize me to keep playing. Meanwhile, I've been playing Smash 4 for literally weeks, if you count the demo, and I still haven't stopped! And when the Wii U version comes out, I'll have EVEN MORE to play for literally weeks! In fact, given my short home schedule, I could be playing Smash Wii U for months. ESPECIALLY if the online is any good.

I don't know. To me, Melee was just way to fast. It almost wasn't fun due to that alone. And there wasn't really enough content to keep me coming back. At least Brawl had tons of content to bring me back again and again. And fun fact: Melee is the only Smash Bros in which I don't have a main! I can't really use any of the characters to my play style. It was such a hardcore exclusive title, I feel. Meh. That's my two cents. I will always, always, always, take content over mechanics, and when the mechanics make the already fairly short amount of content seem even shorter, I don't think that game is worth the amount of fandom it's gotten, let alone being played for 13 years.

I just feel like Melee ran it's course a long time ago, but people refuse to accept this and keep playing because the competitive community (not all of them, just the lulzy ones) forgot how to react to RNG.

There's an Extra Creditz video somewhere about how a game having RNG doesn't make it not competitive and that if the game involves skill, a better player will inevitably rise over the rest in any set of matches.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

I...actually want a Melee remake too.
Puts up Flame Shield
Now, before you criticize me about my opinions, I like all of the Smash games. However, if any Smash game deserves a remake, it's definitely Melee. Smash 64 is inevitably the most lacking game in the series (I understand why, but still, and if you like Smash 64, please don't comment with a rude response as I'm not being rude to you by any means) and can already can be played on Wii U via Wii Mode, Brawl doesn't need a remake just yet because it can be played in Wii Mode on Wii U (like Smash 64) and Smash 4 is still new. Melee is the only one that cannot be played on a Wii U (not counting Smash 3DS, which has a seperate version on Wii U) and Melee is the best selling Smash game to date. Think whatever you want to think, but I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.

Sakurai himself said he regrets making Melee the way it is. There's no way he's gonna go and do that again.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Storytime7

@UGXwolf You have no clue what you're talking about. Single player content in Smash is usually subpar, and most people who like Melee would prefer to have a better multiplayer game than getting a ton of content thrown into the game. Also, where do people get this idea that making a game more competitive prevents it from being fun? People who play competitively most certainly enjoy the game. Honestly, they probably enjoy it more than most people considering they put hundreds, even thousands of hours into mastering the game. Melee, despite being the most popular Smash game in the competitive scene, wasn't just for hardcore players. It was also very accessible for people who wanted to play casually, and it being the highest selling game on the GameCube is a testament to this. Competitive players didn't forget how to react to RNG, they'd just rather play a fighting game with Nintendo characters without it becoming Mario Kart.

That being said, Melee HD is unnecessary. Smash 4 has made some nice changes, and future games will probably make even more changes to find a nice balance between casual and competitive play.

Edited on by Storytime7

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Sir_Diabeetus

To be honest, I prefer Smash 64 over all Smash bros. games. I know the game had "little" content and the budget was small, but Smash 64 was actually balanced in speed. Melee was too fast, and Brawl was too slow.

Also, Melee community is terrible and is just full of people who hates every Smash Bros. that's not Melee.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Storytime7

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

full of people who hates every Smash Bros. that's not Melee.

Well, that's just not true at all.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

MsJubilee

Oh damn someone brought up Melee players in this thread, this is going to be good.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Yoshi

I loved Melee.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Mikes

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

Also, Melee community is terrible and is just full of people who hates every Smash Bros. that's not Melee.

...B-But I like all of the games!
There's no need for that generalization, though. That isn't true.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Sir_Diabeetus

StaticWind wrote:

Nazo_no_Hikari wrote:

...B-But I like all of the games!
There's no need for that generalization, though. That isn't true.

Well. I was actually refering to few people who were "Melee try hards" and bashes someone who prefer Brawl and maybe even Smash 64. I just honestly don't see Melee as the best Smash Bros. game at all. Sure the game was fast, but seriously, I would rather 64 all day.

Also, all I'm seeing are Space animals and Marths of some of the Melee tournaments. Yes, I watched a Melee tournament match before, but I'm not surprised that people uses them, because of the "Tier List"

In fact, I do like Melee and Brawl. I just don't like some people on the Melee community.

Like I said, I prefer Smash 64 more than Melee and Brawl.

NintendoFan64

The only Smash Bros. I didn't spend too much time on was 64. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game! I just think the series got better with stuff like more characters, stages, and modes.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Sir_Diabeetus

For the graphics, I think the Smash Bros. Wii U wins for this one. Not just because it was in HD, it was also colorful.

Don't get me wrong, I know Brawl did had the "best graphics" for the series so far, but one thing I don't like about it's graphics, that are colors are dull and ithe characters are too detailed for me.

CapeSmash

Yellowtails wrote:

Melee>Brawl>64

My turn: N64, Melee, Brawl > Smash 3DS

No that doesn't mean I think Smash 3DS sucks, I just think the other games are better (I like the other games better mainly for controls, TV, and playing with my siblings.)

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

Smash 3DS trumps the other 3. Believe it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic