Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,101 to 15,120 of 27,917

e-love

I honestly think Nintendo might have a few exclusive characters for people who buy both versions of the game.

What else could the Wii U connectivity be for, besides sharing characters and stages?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

FlaygletheBagel

I'm glad the leak was real (maybe a tad miffed that the leak revealed ALL the secret characters... was hoping for a few more), but I'm happy with the characters that are there. I AM disappointed at the lack of unlockable characters in this installment though. The starting roster is HUGE, too huge if you ask me. I would've preferred maybe a 15-20 character starting roster, and then you have to unlock the rest. Unlocking stuff is half of what makes Smash Bros. such a fun game! But I'll take what I can get here. Still can't wait to pick this one up!

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

e-love

Never forget

Untitled

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Blast

Emaan wrote:

Never forget

Untitled

Really sad to see the Ice Climbers gone. Just a freaking shame.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Guys, there's only about a month between releases for the versions. Why do you even expect more characters?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Undead_terror

Emaan wrote:

I honestly think Nintendo might have a few exclusive characters for people who buy both versions of the game.

What else could the Wii U connectivity be for, besides sharing characters and stages?

Now that!...would be BS...I say it just shares trophies and coins.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

WaLzgi wrote:

Guys, there's only about a month between releases for the versions. Why do you even expect more characters?

You honestly think there won't be any DLC in this game?

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Blast

WaLzgi wrote:

This roster is great and exciting... but its just... lacking... I dunno... maybe the fact that Mewtwo AND Ice Climbers aren't in this game is making me think that Sakurai is saving them for when the Wii U version releases and 3DS versions can just download them via Internet

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

DLC maybe, but not a different roster for the versions. Sakurai even said that the roster would be the same for both

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

luisesteban

I think when the Wii U versions is released new character would be added for both versions, not much but some. They need to add something new to the Wii U version but the HD, and characters, modes and stages are the best way. Or when some first payed DLC is showed you would be able to buy it and use it the two versions.

luisesteban

LzWinky

I don't think they'll add anyone. There is no reason to add anyone to the Wii U version...

Grumblevolcano

What I really hope is the large starting roster is only because of that logic of as it's 3DS you won't be playing it for long periods of time (enter the "take a break" messages), hence the Wii U version will have a much smaller starting roster (e.g. the E3 demo roster).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

WaLzgi wrote:

I don't think they'll add anyone. There is no reason to add anyone to the Wii U version...

You mean besides keep hype up by having surprise characters for people that most likely lose alot of the excitement after playing the 3DS version? Yeah, no reason at all...

TuVictus

LzWinky

Operative wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

You mean besides keep hype up by having surprise characters for people that most likely lose alot of the excitement after playing the 3DS version? Yeah, no reason at all...

Yeah, well, even if they announce more, the remaining list isn't really hype-worthy

TeeJay

So Ice Climbers are gone...good riddance, never liked them. Now I won't have to deal with them even as an opponent. Rejoice! Not being gloaty, by the way. It's a shame for everyone who actually liked them...which is a lot for some reason? But on a PERSONAL level I'm just saying that their exclusion is good as far as I'M concerned. I think I have a right to that opinion. u_u

On the flip side, one of my Brawl mains, Lucas, and Wolf, another player I played with a lot, are gone, so that stings.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

WaLzgi wrote:

Operative wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Yeah, well, even if they announce more, the remaining list isn't really hype-worthy

Lucas would be if they announced Mother 3 coming to the West at the same time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Yeah...IF they announce something else that's improbable...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic