Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Posts 15,121 to 15,140 of 28,771

UGXwolf

2Sang wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@2Sang I beg to differ! Ever heard of Project M? It's most definitely not the real Brawl, but it most certainly had an insane amount of work put into it. Or maybe you've heard of the patch for Dark Souls 2 on PC? Made by one guy. For free. In his basement. IN ONE DAY! What From Software's entire team couldn't apparently do, this guy fixed in one day just because he felt like it. There are some impressive people in this world, and who's to say they aren't interested in getting their kicks by leaking a very legit looking roster.

Though I will point out that a lot of people were really quick to point the finger at all the weird things in this leak until the videos surfaced. It's not like this was always the most legit-looking leak out there.

Projejct M was created by a TEAM of people and took months to develop, nobody is going to do that for a leak with only a month or so remaining until release. You all knew it was real deep down inside, you just didn't want to believe it.

And that's where you prove that you AREN'T LISTENING! I refused to call it confirmed. If you were paying any attention, I stopped calling it fake pretty early on. Does that mean I shouldn't point out things that seem odd to me or that I should just believe it without confirmation? No. Now get off your high horse and stop acting like a smug know-it-all just because you were right about one leak. Considering how quickly you jumped on the badwagon for this one, It only looks like a fluke to me. Not amazing logic and reasoning skills. Just a gut feeling that grew with every confirmed piece of information.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

19Robb92

I will never understand why Sakurai felt the need to bring the Doc. back..

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

vonboy89

Dr. Mario is confirmed now! Still doubting that leak?

Edited on by vonboy89

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

UGXwolf

vonboy89 wrote:

Dr. Mario is confirmed now! Still doubting that leak?

For the last loving time, MOST OF US STOPPED CALLING IT FAKE A VERY LONG TIME AGO! THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOUBTING AND WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION, NOW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP ACTING SO SMUG, IT'S LEGITIMATELY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

2Sang

[quote=UGXwolf]

UGXwolf wrote:

2Sang wrote:

@2Sang I beg to differ! Ever heard of Project M? It's most definitely not the real Brawl, but it most certainly had an insane amount of work put into it. Or maybe you've heard of the patch for Dark Souls 2 on PC? Made by one guy. For free. In his basement. IN ONE DAY! What From Software's entire team couldn't apparently do, this guy fixed in one day just because he felt like it. There are some impressive people in this world, and who's to say they aren't interested in getting their kicks by leaking a very legit looking roster.

Though I will point out that a lot of people were really quick to point the finger at all the weird things in this leak until the videos surfaced. It's not like this was always the most legit-looking leak out there.

Projejct M was created by a TEAM of people and took months to develop, nobody is going to do that for a leak with only a month or so remaining until release. You all knew it was real deep down inside, you just didn't want to believe it.

And that's where you prove that you AREN'T LISTENING! I refused to call it confirmed. If you were paying any attention, I stopped calling it fake pretty early on. Does that mean I shouldn't point out things that seem odd to me or that I should just believe it without confirmation? No. Now get off your high horse and stop acting like a smug know-it-all just because you were right about one leak. Considering how quickly you jumped on the badwagon for this one, It only looks like a fluke to me. Not amazing logic and reasoning skills. Just a gut feeling that grew with every confirmed piece of information.[/quote

That's where you're wrong. This was just like the x/y leak with greninja and hawlucha. There was more than enough credibility for this one to be real, especially when the videos were released.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

2Sang

19Robb92 wrote:

I will never understand why Sakurai felt the need to bring the Doc. back..

Still better than dark pit. Anything and everything is better than dark pit. I would rather have had pichu back over dark pit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SuperPokefan95

vonboy89 wrote:

Dr. Mario is confirmed now! Still doubting that leak?

It was pretty reasonable to doubt the leak when all we had was photos and some poor quality videos to go off of. Now we are getting actual footage of these characters and the game in action.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

C-Olimar

2Sang wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I will never understand why Sakurai felt the need to bring the Doc. back..

Still better than dark pit. Anything and everything is better than dark pit. I would rather have had pichu back over dark pit.

A seventh Pokemon over a third Kid Icarus character? Doesn't sound better to me.
Just because you don't like a character/game doesn't make it worthless.

C-Olimar

19Robb92

2Sang wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I will never understand why Sakurai felt the need to bring the Doc. back..

Still better than dark pit. Anything and everything is better than dark pit. I would rather have had pichu back over dark pit.

Nah, I think both are equally bad.

BUT.. Now that I think about it, It would be nice to play a Mario that does not use fludd. That's such a worthless move IMO. Not to mention has a different (hopefully better) Final Smash.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Crimzonlogic

@2Sang
There's nothing wrong with doubting things. Even though I wanted it to be real with all my heart because I loved the characters in the leak, I almost fully doubted the big leak when I first looked at it. I still doubted the image part of it for a while after the videos were posted. Even when the POTD confirmed that several screens were from the actual game, other parts could have been forged. It was always possible that the official-looking art of Dark Pit could have been high-quality fan art by an artist good at replicating art styles. I've seen some really amazing artists. It was also possible that the Duck Hunt dog was a trophy image layered over another character. How would we know? Sometimes forgeries look like the real deal. I think it's healthy to doubt things a little. Be skeptical! Question everything! But not to the point where you're constantly paranoid about it, of course. That's just too much.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.com/

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

vonboy89 wrote:

Dr. Mario is confirmed now! Still doubting that leak?

For the last loving time, MOST OF US STOPPED CALLING IT FAKE A VERY LONG TIME AGO! THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOUBTING AND WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION, NOW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP ACTING SO SMUG, IT'S LEGITIMATELY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!

Untitled

It's only a videogame

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Crimzonlogic

2Sang wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I will never understand why Sakurai felt the need to bring the Doc. back..

Still better than dark pit. Anything and everything is better than dark pit. I would rather have had pichu back over dark pit.

But...I want Pittoo in it...He's awesome...

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.com/

TheGreatLord

PLEASE LET THERE BE A GRASS POKEMON!!!

TheGreatLord

3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

Unlock all the damn characters someone so we can sll stop talking about the leak!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

2Sang

C-Olimar wrote:

2Sang wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I will never understand why Sakurai felt the need to bring the Doc. back..

Still better than dark pit. Anything and everything is better than dark pit. I would rather have had pichu back over dark pit.

A seventh Pokemon over a third Kid Icarus character? Doesn't sound better to me.
Just because you don't like a character/game doesn't make it worthless.

Uprising was one of my favorite games of all--time and dark pit is a pretty cool character. Does that mean he deserves to be in smash? NO! Terrible choice, even if it took next to no effort to create. At least pichu would rep another gen of pokemon and have more noticable differences from pikachu

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

UGXwolf

2Sang wrote:

That's where you're wrong. This was just like the x/y leak with greninja and hawlucha. There was more than enough credibility for this one to be real, especially when the videos were released.

No, that's irrelevant. It doesn't matter how legit it looks or how credible it is. It can always be faked or altered. It doesn't take as much, especially if you have a real source to go off of. It was no secret that the leaker was kind of a jerk, nor is it a secret that the part about DLC was actually a lie, cipher or no cipher. There's also no end of implications that the pics passed through multiple people before reaching the public as, once again, MasterLinkX admitted to altering the leaks. (Keep in mind, MasterLinkX didn't know if they were real or not, but he didn't want people assuming it was.) There's no telling if any of these people might have thrown in or changed or edited some content.

You may go with whatever seems likely to you, but don't look down on me for choosing to await confirmation before I start ruling out the possibility that it's fake.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

C-Olimar

Crimzonlogic wrote:

2Sang wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I will never understand why Sakurai felt the need to bring the Doc. back..

Still better than dark pit. Anything and everything is better than dark pit. I would rather have had pichu back over dark pit.

But...I want Pittoo in it...He's awesome...

When it comes down to it, he's in and we can be happy about that! It doesn't matter what anyone says now

C-Olimar

C-Olimar

2Sang wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

2Sang wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I will never understand why Sakurai felt the need to bring the Doc. back..

Still better than dark pit. Anything and everything is better than dark pit. I would rather have had pichu back over dark pit.

A seventh Pokemon over a third Kid Icarus character? Doesn't sound better to me.
Just because you don't like a character/game doesn't make it worthless.

Uprising was one of my favorite games of all--time and dark pit is a pretty cool character. Does that mean he deserves to be in smash? NO! Terrible choice, even if it took next to no effort to create. At least pichu would rep another gen of pokemon and have more noticable differences from pikachu

The way you talk about it though, it's as if it has some kind of negative effect on the game. Sakurai said we'd get around the same amount of characters as Brawl. At this point, we have 9 more. Even with 3 clones, the game has an impressive roster. Let's be happy!

C-Olimar

2Sang

Crimzonlogic wrote:

@2Sang
There's nothing wrong with doubting things. Even though I wanted it to be real with all my heart because I loved the characters in the leak, I almost fully doubted the big leak when I first looked at it. I still doubted the image part of it for a while after the videos were posted. Even when the POTD confirmed that several screens were from the actual game, other parts could have been forged. It was always possible that the official-looking art of Dark Pit could have been high-quality fan art by an artist good at replicating art styles. I've seen some really amazing artists. It was also possible that the Duck Hunt dog was a trophy image layered over another character. How would we know? Sometimes forgeries look like the real deal. I think it's healthy to doubt things a little. Be skeptical! Question everything! But not to the point where you're constantly paranoid about it, of course. That's just too much.

I think questioning is good, especially when it comes to leaks. However, when NOA flagged the videos for copyright, it was clear it was real. There was no longer an argument when they did that.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

2Sang

C-Olimar wrote:

2Sang wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

2Sang wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I will never understand why Sakurai felt the need to bring the Doc. back..

Still better than dark pit. Anything and everything is better than dark pit. I would rather have had pichu back over dark pit.

A seventh Pokemon over a third Kid Icarus character? Doesn't sound better to me.
Just because you don't like a character/game doesn't make it worthless.

Uprising was one of my favorite games of all--time and dark pit is a pretty cool character. Does that mean he deserves to be in smash? NO! Terrible choice, even if it took next to no effort to create. At least pichu would rep another gen of pokemon and have more noticable differences from pikachu

The way you talk about it though, it's as if it has some kind of negative effect on the game. Sakurai said we'd get around the same amount of characters as Brawl. At this point, we have 9 more. Even with 3 clones, the game has an impressive roster. Let's be happy!

Did I ever say I wasn't happy with the game? No. I'm incredibly disappointed in dark pit though because it's not worth having as anything but a reskin.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic