Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,081 to 15,100 of 27,917

Retro_on_theGo

Wow there are some people acting like utter babies over the final roster on other sites. Insulting Sakurai and other stuff just cuz their favorite is missing. Jesus, its not like he, oh I don't know, worked on the entire game and with an injury? (Is it an injury? I know his hand was messed up during devopment.)
I freaking love this roster.
IM COMING TO MAIN YOU DUCM HUNT DOG!!

LzWinky

So wait, if the chorus men aren't in... that means

THE LEAK WAS WRONG! HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAA!

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

If I'm not mistaken, the major one everyone talked about included them

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

WaLzgi wrote:

Untitled

Chrous Men weren't part of the main ESRB leak. The guy that posted the images never said anything about Chorus Men being playable, except in the fake DLC list he made up to screw with us. The rest of the leak was real. Well, the cipher was fake, but that was apparently verified as BS before people got copies of the game. Everything in the pictures/videos was real.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

WaLzgi wrote:

Untitled

You were just waiting for one tiny thing to be wrong, weren't you? Just wait.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

DefHalan

Well the ESRB leak is wrong because it said that wasn't the Final Roster, but it was.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Pokemon's "DLC" already had code (for the Pokemon) in it. Smash may not have the code for the characters

IceClimbers

Morphbug wrote:

Actually, we can't know if it's the final roster until both games have been released and analyzed

Both games have the same roster though. So unless they get patched in for the 3DS version, that's the final roster (excluding possible DLC).

In any case, the ESRB leak showed pictures of a padlocked All-Star Mode and the final roster. They were taken at different times, simple as that. It was all of us who assumed that the ESRB leak didn't show the final roster. Any claims that it wasn't were by word, not by picture/video, meaning the leaker could have been screwing with us again.

Grumblevolcano

Morphbug wrote:

Actually, we can't know if it's the final roster until both games have been released and analyzed

As there is a Wii U icon on the Smash 3DS main menu, I thoroughly agree with this.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OmegaMetroid93

People are thinking that since there are room for 4 more character on the roster that maybe when the WiiU-version comes out, it'll have 4 extra characters, and then you can connect your 3DS to your WiiU to get them on your 3DS as well.
Supposedly one of these characters is the chorus men... Which would make sense since, if I'm not mistaken, there are Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash Run.

OmegaMetroid93

Jazzer94

WaLzgi wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the major one everyone talked about included them

You are mistaken have another hat.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

People are thinking that since there are room for 4 more character on the roster that maybe when the WiiU-version comes out, it'll have 4 extra characters, and then you can connect your 3DS to your WiiU to get them on your 3DS as well.
Supposedly one of these characters is the chorus men... Which would make sense since, if I'm not mistaken, there are Rhythm Heaven enemies in Smash Run.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for When the Wii U version releases, more characters become available and the 3DS version can just download them via Internet or something. The current roster isn't bad is actually really cool BUT.... there are still certain key characters that I am very surprised are not playable in this game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

WaLzgi wrote:

Pokemon's "DLC" already had code (for the Pokemon) in it. Smash may not have the code for the characters

Exactly. Event Pokemon are programmed in, just not available. Heck, for Gen 4 it was later discovered that Diamond/Pearl actually had a placeholder list deep in the game's code for the future forms introduced in Platinum. That wasn't discovered until a couple years ago. Same goes for Gen 5 (though Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus's Therian forms actually weren't on the placeholder list).

Smash may have a placeholder in the game's code for DLC like Mario Kart 8 does, but the actual DLC could be completely different (as was the case for Kart - the cup symbols used in the placeholders don't match up with those in the DLC packs).

The question is, will we get character DLC? Free costume DLC is possible, if not likely (coughHyruleWarriorsGanondorfcough), but I'm not sure about characters, except maybe Ice Climbers as free DLC, assuming time constraints didn't give Sakurai enough time to work out the issues on the 3DS and lead to them being cut, and are going to be added back in later after both versions are out.

Nintendo6400

You know what? If there are still more characters in the wii u version, then that brings one of my reject theory's back to the light. Actually, I had once thought that Greninja, Shulk, Bowser Jr, and Robin would have a chance to make smash, but I later started to doubt there appearance.I haven't told anyone this on the forums. I just figure I'd tell you guys that.

Edit: The Theory was that they would not release all of the characters on the 3ds version so that they could still keep the hype going for wii u.

SPOILERS (sorta)
Characters I still want to see through DLC.

WOLF!
Mewtwo
Isaac
Hades
King K. Rool

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic