Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,301 to 14,320 of 27,917

DefHalan

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I'm hoping the sweetspot change isn't the only thing different about Lucina. At least change SOME of her moves like with Dr. Mario and Mario

I am hoping she is a lighter/faster character as well.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pootypie

Didn't Sukarai say he is done with clones so therefore there shouldn't be any for this game...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Jazzer94

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Didn't Sukarai say he is done with clones so therefore there shouldn't be any for this game...

Lucina is proof that he lied if that is the case.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

TheGreatGamer wrote:

I have heard so many people say this and not just about Smash 4 but Brawl also but I have never seen a source. I understand, from a design standpoint, why clones are actually a good thing in fighting games, but people really seem to hate them

Pootypie

Jazzer94 wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Lucina is proof that he lied if that is the case.

Maybe change of plans or unintentional

@DefHalan he said it on miiverse last year at like september I think, I remember seeing it...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

Scanning wrote:

I've read more Sakurai interviews and statements than I should have, and have never seen him say anything about being done with clones.

Maybe I was just imagining then lol

Pootypie

DefHalan

TheGreatGamer wrote:

he said it on miiverse last year at like september I think, I remember seeing it...

I just went through last year's miiverse posts for september and nothing about clones from what I saw, plus Toon Link was announced during that time and he is considered a clone

Pootypie

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

he said it on miiverse last year at like september I think, I remember seeing it...

I just went through last year's miiverse posts for september and nothing about clones from what I saw, plus Toon Link was announced during that time and he is considered a clone

Damnit why do I always have to be wrong

Pootypie

DefHalan

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

I am sorry. I have just been hearing those rumors forever, that the next smash will have no clones, and I think it is just fans hoping.

Pootypie

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

I am sorry. I have just been hearing those rumors forever, that the next smash will have no clones, and I think it is just fans hoping.

Lol I always have high hopes why do they make clones anyways...

Pootypie

DefHalan

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Lol I always have high hopes why do they make clones anyways...

To allow for people to find the right fighting style for themselves. if you like the way Captain Falco works but want more power then you have Ganondorf. If you are having a hard time mastering a fast character maybe practicing the slower one will help. It is about offering players playstyles they like. It can be hard to jump into a new character that is as fast as Fox. I find Falco to be a little slower and easier to control, so using falco I can get use to how fast fox is easier. Or I may just perfer Falco cause he might have higher damage. (this is just an example, I don't think my information is accurate) This is a great reason to include clones. You really like how this character plays but wish he was fast or stronger, well we have a clone for that lol

UGXwolf

@TheGreatGamer Because not everyone plays the same. Clones provide variations on existing movesets that allow close-ranged players like me to use a close-ranged variant of a long-range character, like Wolf is to Fox. It also drastically cuts down on development time and cost and even potentially cuts down on the space a character takes up.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

Because not everyone plays the same. Clones provide variations on existing movesets that allow close-ranged players like me to use a close-ranged variant of a long-range character, like Wolf is to Fox. It also drastically cuts down on development time and cost and even potentially cuts down on the space a character takes up.

You said it better than me lol

DefHalan

Too bad there aren't Hyrule Warrior skins for Zelda characters in smash... I think that would be cool. Oh and a Minish Cap skin for Toon Link (basically just the hat would be different I guess)

Edited on by DefHalan

Crimzonlogic

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Speaking of Pokemon, I you could choose ANY one of all 700+ Pokemon to be playable in Smash, who would it be?

For me, it'd be cool to see Gengar!

And don't pick one that already been in Smash.

Arcanine, I choose you! Bite Marth in the face!

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Shirma_Akayaku

I like Rosalina's new color from Super Mario 3D World.
Untitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Sir_Diabeetus

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

I like Rosalina's new color from Super Mario 3D World.
Untitled

Pikmin and Alph?! Is that an alternate costume of olimar or an actual Character itself?

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

TuVictus

I do like that they took the time to change the name, it's a nice little touch

TuVictus

MsJubilee

Why is Rosalina's name rosetta and chiko in the picture?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic