Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,121 to 13,140 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@Undead_terror Did anyone EXPECT it to stop? Just because everyone and their grandma believes the ESRB leak doesn't mean people are gonna stop trying to scam us because the scammer to scam them all already got to you guys. Also, I think people are learning that imperfections make things seem more legit, but I think this is probably the most WTF video leak we've seen, this month, since I can't imagine ANY reason Nintendo would make this kind of video and the idea that there's already a copy floating around somewhere seems unlikely, to say the least, given how careful Nintendo would most likely be after what happened with Poke'mon X and Y.

EDIT: (Part of that sounded condescending. I wasn't being condescending. The joking tone just doesn't transfer well through text.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Megatonwhale

Looks a little off which is a real shame because a Metal Sonic skin would be awesome. If it turns out to be true though I think the fanboy in me will have to main Sonic for this customization alone.

Megatonwhale

Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Megatonwhale wrote:

Looks a little off which is a real shame because a Metal Sonic skin would be awesome. If it turns out to be true though I think the fanboy in me will have to main Sonic for this customization alone.

Can't faultyou for that. I think everyone has that one game or character that hits them either through nostalgia or feelings.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Megatonwhale

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Megatonwhale wrote:

Can't faultyou for that. I think everyone has that one game or character that hits them either through nostalgia or feelings.

And Smash Bros is nothing if not brimming with nostalgia feels. It's got the potential to have something for everyone Hence there being over 700 pages of discussion on it.

Megatonwhale

Twitter:

FlaygletheBagel

The POTD's this week have all been about different modes. I'm actually pretty surprised that they still haven't revealed any more fighters. They've only got 11 more weekdays until the Japan release.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

19Robb92

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

The POTD's this week have all been about different modes. I'm actually pretty surprised that they still haven't revealed any more fighters. They've only got 11 more weekdays until the Japan release.

They're probably going to continue "announcing" stuff in the PotD after the 3DS release (even fighters). IIRC the Japanese release of SSBB had no effect on the news feed of the SSBB website, they kept announcing characters, items etc. even though the full game was out.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Namco

Untitled
I would like to see this as a skin, black would also be an option ...In my opinion way better than Samus in shorts

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Kewlan

@Miss_Pixelheart I want the Varia Suit to be a costume for her!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Sir_Diabeetus

Kewlan wrote:

@Miss_Pixelheart I want the Varia Suit to be a costume for her!

Aren't we forgetting an Old Power Suit design for Samus' Alternate costume?

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

UGXwolf

Guys, I've been thinking and it's dawned on me how much we've learned in a year about this game. The influx has been slow, so it doesn't seem like much until you try to compile it, but... Just think! Around this time, last year, we only knew of 14 or 15 characters. We were arguing about whether or not the Conductor on the Spirit Tracks stage meant Ton Link had been cut and whether or not there'd be any real difference between the two versions. We didn't know if this game would be competitively viable or if any story out boss elements would be implemented. Each one of us had had our share of being right and being wrong about things. Some more than others. It's almost enough to get me all sentimental about it.

So how's this for a subject change? What did you guts believe at the inception of this game that seems untrue or has been deconfirmed, now?

I obviously believed Lloyd Irving would be playable, but I also believed that Lucario, Ike, and ROB were the most likely characters to receive das boot.

Captain_Toad

@UGXWolf Yeah and I called you out on that Pac-man bit before and after he was announced hahahahaha......hahah......ha.....

I'll be quiet now.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

FlaygletheBagel

@UGXWolf I'm not sure I expected too big of a roster in general. I thought Brawl's was huge as it is and I was expecting that there would be a LOT of cut characters in favor of mostly new ones. I'm not sure why I thought that, but it was an impression I always had. I'm glad to see that most characters are returning from past games.

One character I thought could be a possibility back during the reveal was a Pokémon Trainer 2 of sorts. Like instead of having the Gen 1 starters, he'd have the Gen 2 starters.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

TeeJay

Now I kinda want to read this thread from the beginning to see how wrong about everything we all were, and our various worries.

I remember thinking for sure that Toon Link would be out. Worrying times those were...

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

UGXwolf wrote:

Guys, I've been thinking and it's dawned on me how much we've learned in a year about this game. The influx has been slow, so it doesn't seem like much until you try to compile it, but... Just think! Around this time, last year, we only knew of 14 or 15 characters. We were arguing about whether or not the Conductor on the Spirit Tracks stage meant Ton Link had been cut and whether or not there'd be any real difference between the two versions. We didn't know if this game would be competitively viable or if any story out boss elements would be implemented. Each one of us had had our share of being right and being wrong about things. Some more than others. It's almost enough to get me all sentimental about it.

So how's this for a subject change? What did you guts believe at the inception of this game that seems untrue or has been deconfirmed, now?

I obviously believed Lloyd Irving would be playable, but I also believed that Lucario, Ike, and ROB were the most likely characters to receive das boot.

Huh... I never thought about it like that.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Haxonberik

Well on my part I guessed a decent amount of characters... Villager, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man, Lucina (expected an alt, but well...), and most importantly, Shulk (seriously, the first thing that called my attention on that game back on Rainfall was how Smash-ready he looked). My guess on the cuts also looks pretty good, with the exception of Toon Link. The only thing it seems I was way off on is that I thought for a while that Krystal was one of the most likely newcomers.

www.convectiongames.com

DefHalan

I am still waiting for Krystal...

I wonder how long the "leak" will be considered true. I almost hope all but 1 character is true that way people continue searching for ways to unlock that 1 character lol.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

@DefHalen remember back when people could actually make false character rumors and people would actually believe it? Mew under the truck, anyone?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic