Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,481 to 4,500 of 14,636

TylerTheCreator

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah, I was really disappointed with them.

And I don't know if I'm the minority here or not, but I thought the campaign felt like a chore. So, doing it over just to get certain gear is a pain to me.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

e-love

I'm so stoked for the bucket weapon
I feel like that's right down my alley play style wise.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TylerTheCreator

@Emaan: Bucket weapon? I gotta keep up.

I haven't played Splatoon in a long time, so maybe I'll play it for a bit today.

TylerTheCreator

Spoony_Tech

@TylerTheCreator: It doesn't hit till the 5th for us along with the inkling/Gatling gun.

Watch this https://youtu.be/WmXtjm7rSsg

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

whodatninja

@Spoony_Tech: I think changing weapons for the single player stages almost makes them an entirely different experience. It's just baffling that such a big part of the multiplayer was left out of the story mode. I was waiting for the ability to acquire new weapons but it never came.
And the unlockable minigames look kinda fun. (having only one gets boring real fast.)

The outfits are really cool. That's really all the amiibos should've unlocked: Outfits. The rest should've been in the main game I think.

While it's nice that amiibo gets a lot of extras, there is such a thing as too much amiibo content. Especially if they aren't easy or cheap to come by.

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Spoony_Tech

@whodatninja: I can agree with your last point. I just happened to be out when I picked up my trio I didn't even realize they came out that day till a friend told me.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

@whodatninja: I think the amiibo have could've been utilized so much better in Splatoon. I shouldn't have to buy amiibo to unlock outfits. It doesn't make sense to me.

But if amiibo aren't cheap to come by, they better be super loaded with content.

They're not a bad price if you can find them in-store, though.

Edited on by TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

whodatninja

@TylerTheCreator: Yeah I wouldn't complain (as much) if they were cheap and readily available, but as of right now, online, they are neither. Thanks Nintendo!

I only own Inkling Girl, and I need the other two.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

jariw

TylerTheCreator wrote:

@whodatninja: I think the amiibo have could've been utilized so much better in Splatoon. I shouldn't have to buy amiibo to unlock outfits. It doesn't make sense to me.

But if amiibo aren't cheap to come by, they better be super loaded with content.

They're not a bad price if you can find them in-store, though.

The only "real" thing the amiibo support does in Splatoon is to give replay value for the sinlge player campaign and the ability to unlock additional retro "waiting games". Everything else are "exclusive skins" for weapons and gear. Amiibo will not give you any gameplay advantage online.

FWIW, I bought 2 amiibo figures just because I thought they looked cool. I have played tons of Splatoon by now, but I have not yet bothered to do all the amiibo challenges. I think it's much more fun to play online, go to the shops, talk to Spyke, etc.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

IceClimbers

New Splatfest announced for North America!!!

Roasting marshmallows vs Roasting hotdogs

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DefHalan

IceClimbers wrote:

The first one that is actually difficult... might have to go hotdogs

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

@DefHalan: If hotdogs somehow win, then I'll know the splatfests are rigged. Marshmallows should win by a landslide

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DefHalan

@IceClimbers: Well, you are wrong. Hotdogs are so much better. Marshmallows and too easy to catch on fire and then the whole thing is ruined.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

Not even a tough choice for me, hot dogs by far!

MERG said:

-Green-

I kind of hate Hot Dogs, so I'm going for team Marshmallows all the way.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ultraraichu

IceClimbers wrote:

Cool it seem like it's set from 8/7 at 9 PM PT (12am ET) to 8/8 at 9 PM PT (12am ET). I wonder if Splatfest happens every 2 week or so or every month since the 7/4 one was originally for June.

In any case go team Hotdogs, tasting good in more ways then bun (pizza crust included).

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Spoony_Tech

Didn't one of the devs say recently that they wanted to do a splatfest about every 3 weeks?

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

Going with hotdogs, because on the Wii U I'm Erica, and Erica is a hot dog........girl.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

veeflames

Hot dogs for me. Hot dogs by a wide margin, it's not even funny.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

rjejr

Hot dogs vs marshmallows b/c hot dogs vs hamburgers would have, what, made too much sense? Or marshmallows vs S'mores maybe? Oh well, it isn't horrible, still summer and related, just really really odd.

Glad to see another spaltfest, and right after the update, guess they must be confident it goes off w/o any issues.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic