Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 14,636

Justlink

Anybody else happy the embargo ends the 18?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Dezzy

Azooooz wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

To be honest, I could careless about the voice chat, as I don't use it during my gaming session.

Soooo...you do care? I couldn't care less myself.

Sorry, I'm not that good with language function. What I meant to say is that I don't care about voice chat as I rarely use it.

Haha he was mocking your using the phrase "I could care less". Which is for some reason quite common in the US. But makes no sense at all. If you COULD care less, then that means you currently care some unspecified amount, which is a completely meaningless thing to tell people. The correct phrase of "I COULDN'T care less" means you currently care the minimum possible amount.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GrailUK

Dezzy wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

To be honest, I could careless about the voice chat, as I don't use it during my gaming session.

Soooo...you do care? I couldn't care less myself.

Sorry, I'm not that good with language function. What I meant to say is that I don't care about voice chat as I rarely use it.

Haha he was mocking your using the phrase "I could care less". Which is for some reason quite common in the US. But makes no sense at all. If you COULD care less, then that means you currently care some unspecified amount, which is a completely meaningless thing to tell people. The correct phrase of "I COULDN'T care less" means you currently care the minimum possible amount.

Oooooo you snitch! You should have grown out of that after leaving primary school! But honestly it was just a cheeky comment. No need to blow it outta proportion

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

kkslider5552000

justlink wrote:

Not really, it means more time to avoid spoilers. Otherwise I am entirely indifferent.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jariw

justlink wrote:

Doesn't the review embargo end on the 27th, but there's a date before that when they can start streaming content longer than 3 minutes?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Inkling

What is this Splatoon Pre Launch Review? I've seen normal users playing it, so it can't be a review copy.

EDIT: Must be a review copy. But how did some of the smaller websites get it?

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Justlink

jariw wrote:

justlink wrote:

Doesn't the review embargo end on the 27th, but there's a date before that when they can start streaming content longer than 3 minutes?

Thats what I meant. I just didn't word it right. I don't know why people fear spoilers. I'm sure streamers are just going to play online

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

naruto200

Splatoon might be the game to get Wii U sales out there. It has commercials, a new ip, Catchy music, and it is fun from what I've experienced in the Test fire demo.

naruto200

NinjaWaddleDee

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Oh, dear. I don't know why but this looks so hilarious.
http://i.imgur.com/X59MIrL.png

Full Manga here ^^ :

That's going to be my outfit. I'll win all the time because everyone will be scared away.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Azooooz

Speaking of outfits, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo includes Mario's hat in the free software update.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Inkling

Watch if you're brave enough.

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

NintendoFan64

Inkling wrote:

....Could you repeat that? I'm not sure if I'm a kid or a squid.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

So I just had a thought. Splatoon is Nintendo doing Evolve, but doing it right. It's a game that's entirely meant to be an online game. But Evolve is a bare bones experience with minimal bariety and all customizability locked behind a pay wall. Meanwhile, Splatoon is a full game that lives up to its price with multiple modes that force you to approach the game in a dofferent ways, multiple modes that let you get the most out of the game, but still manage to emphasize that this is an online game, and all that customization that's behind a pay wall in Evolve is unlockable in Splatoon. It really seems like Nintendo has once again shown the rest of the gaming Industry how it's done.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CluelessRiki

naruto200 wrote:

Splatoon might be the game to get Wii U sales out there. It has commercials, a new ip, Catchy music, and it is fun from what I've experienced in the Test fire demo.

I think Mario Kart 8 and SSB4 reaped in Wii U sales, but good point.

Silly Bandz for the Nintendo DS is my favourite game of all time. No, wait, I meant Drake and Josh: Talent Showdown.

erv

Inkling wrote:

LOL this should be reggie's ringtone hahaha

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

jariw

UGXwolf wrote:

It's a game that's entirely meant to be an online game.

Well, mosty meant as an online game. There's a 5-7 hour single-player platformer in Splatoon as well. And I've read quite a few reports from people who have played the full campaign now (including getting all the Sunken Scrolls) to know that the single-player mode is worth waiting for.

jariw

MegaMari0

I was so excited about splatoon that I thought the testfire was last Saturday and not this Saturday coming up. was staring at the demo for 20 seconds wondering why it wouldn't go until I checked online for the actual date....had a facepalm moment after that.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic